It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Decision to Approve Killing of Cleric Causes Unease

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

The Obama administration’s decision to authorize the killing by the Central Intelligence Agency of a terrorism suspect who is an American citizen has set off a debate over the legal and political limits of drone missile strikes, a mainstay of the campaign against terrorism.

The notion that the government can, in effect, execute one of its own citizens far from a combat zone, with no judicial process and based on secret intelligence, makes some legal authorities deeply uneasy.

“American citizenship doesn’t give you carte blanche to wage war against your own country,” said a counterterrorism official who discussed the classified program on condition of anonymity. “If you cast your lot with its enemies, you may well share their fate.”

There you go. Watch your fekking backs, people.

— Doc Velocity

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Hey, will they be taking anonymous tips for their missile or drone attacks here?

I have some coordinates I would like to try.

Do you think they need to the second coordinates or just the address? I am sure with the Census wrapping up, they have all the GPS coordinates of every building in the US by now.

edit to remove suggested location. I am on enough lists.

[edit on 5/14/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
I am sure with the Census wrapping up, they have all the GPS coordinates of every building in the US by now... I am on enough lists.

I hear you, brother. I'm sure my name's on so many lists, I can feel the multiple laser dots on my forehead.

But, for the rest of you out there, we're OKAY with being targets. Yeah, it's kinda scary. But I don't back down from defending

FREEDOM!

A little pep-talk from those mean-ass Scots.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 5/14/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
What I should have, perhaps, made more apparent in the OP is that the government's intentions to target an American citizen is a THREAT against the whole of the American People.

Yeah, it's precedent-setting and it's just one fekking step away from disaster.

Coming to a theatre near you, they're going to go after private American citizens whom they perceive as threats to national security, and they're going to be authorized to kill those citizens without a trial.

Is that not where this is going, would somebody please tell me?

Oh, no, that could never happen, you might chuckle. But it's happened before. History repeats.

— Doc Velocity

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Its only because of the net we even hear about this, you can bet that americans have always been killing people they do not like. What amazes me is that hollywood has virtually conned everyone into believing a story that is so untrue about how america really is, and who governs it.

People on here are more likely to be targeted with american satelittes, and or radiated than drone bombs.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   

If he is a suspect, do not kill him.

If he has conspired to murder people, kill him.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Its only because of the net we even hear about this, you can bet that americans have always been killing people they do not like. What amazes me is that hollywood has virtually conned everyone into believing a story that is so untrue about how america really is, and who governs it.

And America is not the first nor the only country that is guilty of this. It's been happening for centuries, way before the words "Et tu, Brutus?" were ever uttered.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
If he is a suspect, do not kill him.
If he has conspired to murder people, kill him.

Can you see this as the protocol for a remote assassin drone?

The drone is telemetry-linked to a control center, yes, with a scorchingly vast database of "known terrorists," "terrorist associates" "other people who know those people," and
"Doc Velocity"

All it takes is an order.

And what's really kind of neat and horrifying at the same time is that they've already produced these drones that are about the size of a housefly. Just attach a gram of C4 explosive and set it loose, and let some guy in a remote telemetry trailer navigate that bug right into your snoot.

Yeah. Think about that the next time you swat that fly buzzing around your ears.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 5/14/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Yeah, no need for a trial. Just a nice easy brain anurism.

News release on page 23, "Popular right wing Libertarian, that called for a Constitutional government and the end of federal government fiat currency with fractional reserve banking, died peacefully in his sleep last night due to a brain anurism. Now have you heard about the new lineup on NBC?"

Not just in Movies anymore.

[edit on 5/14/2010 by endisnighe]

new topics

top topics

join