It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the 33rd degree the highest observed Masonic level?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

It takes 2,160 years for the sun to clear a house, a sign, of the Zodiac.

The sun enters at the 30th degree but is not totally clear until the 33rd degree.

No man can rise higher than the Sun...

Sun = Illumination

Illumination = Lucifer

Lucifer = Light

what do they seek?

Light.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by reeferman

i agree 100%...they know knowledge all of us should know but it can be used for good and evil they just use it to advance there own prosperity instead of the betterment of mankind

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by reeferman

It takes 2,160 years for the sun to clear a house, a sign, of the Zodiac.

The sun enters at the 30th degree but is not totally clear until the 33rd degree.

No man can rise higher than the Sun...

Sun = Illumination

Illumination = Lucifer

Lucifer = Light

what do they seek?

Light.

Good information.

You can still get to "light" without "lucifer", as the Sun is considered "God" in several ancient beliefs.

But Lucifer was Venus, was it not? Not the sun? Lucifer was the "light bringer", which was the role of Venus. Correct?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

because venus eclipses twice in 2012...because it will bring illumination

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by reeferman

Sun = Sol
Lucifer = Venus (Morning Star)
Light = Lux.

Masonry's "Light" is the absence of "Darkness" .. that one cannot find truth without a source of illumination .. it makes sense in any philosophy, with light Humans can see, not being nocturnal, we cannot see clearly at night, shrouded in darkness.

find the light, find clarity.

You look far to much into secret meanings, when Masonic teachings are plain as day. But then again, you need Light to understand.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
they violate their original oath to never see a female a Mason, and thus, would be expelled from the Fraternity.

And why is that ?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Originally posted by LUXUS
Ok maybe the word I used is wrong but put it this way, the brain has 32 sections (according to this science)
Hate to be picky, but by which science exactly? Nowhere am I seeing anything about 32 areas of the brain. The only numbered system I've found lists 52... (with #14 & 15 being non-human, and #s 49-51 not showing up on the list for some reason... still, that gives us 47...)

This is an arcane Science so no point looking in Wikipedia for the answers.

If you read kabalah teachings you may get some hints e.g. The 32 nerve bunches in the divine brain and the 32 paths to wisdom.

1, 2, 3, 4,5,6,7,8,9,10...12....25...32....72....108 All these numbers represent a teaching in this Science.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

what are you talking about?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by BroketheWall
reply to post by LUXUS

what are you talking about?

I am unsure what discipline of numerology he is referring to, but if your question is in general.....

"Perfect numbers, therefore, are beautiful images of the virtues which are certain media between excess and defect, and are not summits, as by some of the ancients they were supposed to be. And evil indeed is opposed to evil, but both are opposed to one good. Good, however, is never opposed to good, but to two evils at one and the same time. Thus timidity is opposed to audacity, to both [of] which the want of true courage is common; but both timidity and audacity are opposed to fortitude. Craft also is opposed to fatuity, to both [of] which the want of intellect is common; and both these are opposed to prudence. Thus, too, profusion is opposed to avarice, to both [of] which illiberality is common; and both these are opposed to liberality. And in a similar manner in the other virtues; by all [of] which it is evident that perfect numbers have a great similitude to the virtues. But they also resemble the virtues on another account; for they are rarely found, as being few, and they are generated in a very constant order. On the contrary, an infinite multitude of superabundant and diminished numbers may be found, nor are they disposed in any orderly series, nor generated from any certain end; and hence they have a great similitude to the vices, which are numerous, inordinate, and indefinite."

www.sacred-texts.com...

Pythagorean mathematics basically states that arithmetic is the fundamental science. Without arithmetic, no other science can function. Without "spherics" (a precursor to physics), arithmetic can still exist, but without arithmetic, spherics cannot exist.

To take this one step further, Pythagoras noted how human behavioral trends follow mathmatical rules.

"There is music in the spheres".

Edit to add: the above quoted passsage is only meant to illustrate the importance of numbers in the Mystery systems.

Incidentally, it is also a good example of why Pythagoras viewed the "Y" shape with such reverence.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

While he may be looking too much, that isn't the problem.
The problem is that he is looking in the wrong area, if anything.

We all know that the information contained in many secret sects originally held multiple layers of information encoded within the information presented to the uninitiated. It may seem like it is far to complicated to actually do, but it has been shown to have been done time and time again

Now, that information may have been lost (Hall postulates about 500 years ago), but that is another debate entirely.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS
This is an arcane Science so no point looking in Wikipedia for the answers.
So, you have a better source for me to look at, because the more you talk, the more it looks like you're making stuff up...

If you read kabalah teachings you may get some hints e.g. The 32 nerve bunches in the divine brain and the 32 paths to wisdom.
I'm not finding that ANYWHERE. I find some reference to 32 paths of wisdom or 32 streams of power, but nothing that puts "32 nerve bunches in the divine brain" or 32 "sections of the brain" or 32 ventricles... Cite your source for us to see.

I've never come across a single numerological thread on ATS where someone didn't either make crap up or do bad math to make the numbers fit. I was hoping you weren't one of those people. Show me wrong. Give me some reference for what you're saying.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
sorry double post

[edit on 15-5-2010 by LUXUS]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I dont know why you cant find anything on this because it is well known.

TextIn the interior of the skull, the brain is divided into three parts, each one of which occupies a distinct place. It is covered, besides, with a very thin veil, and then with another, tougher, veil. By means of thirty-two channels, these three parts of the brain ramify into the entire body along on either side. They thus embrace the body from all sides and spread out in all it parts." 77

TextWe can not fail to recognize in these words the three principal organs of which the brain and its principal coverings are composed, and the thirty-two pairs of nerves which proceed from them in a symmetrical order to give life and sensation to the entire animal economy.

www.sacred-texts.com...

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

do these divine parts have anything to do with the third eye?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
The problem i have with this is it is written by folks like 32 and 33 degree masons. We are talking about the folks who actually know the Mysteries of the Rite. Their sworn oath is to keep these Mysteries secret from the profane under punishment of death. Why would i find them credible?

Can you show me where it is indicated in the ritual where someone is sworn to keep these mysteries secret?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
The problem i have with this is it is written by folks like 32 and 33 degree masons. We are talking about the folks who actually know the Mysteries of the Rite. Their sworn oath is to keep these Mysteries secret from the profane under punishment of death. Why would i find them credible?

Can you show me where it is indicated in the ritual where someone is sworn to keep these mysteries secret?

No, i cannot. Of course, if i could then the oath to keep them secret would not mean much, right?

But I can take the word of others that it is kept secret. Namely, Manly Hall, as it pertains to this thread.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
33 is the two digit key to unlocking the 'doors' of true reality.
it has to do with dimensional physics and it is the key needed to gain access.
that is all.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Your quote concerning the initiation to the 33rd degree comes from Jim Shaw's book "The Deadly Deception", and is very inaccurate. Shaw was never elected to receive the 33rd degree, nor did he receive the degree. His story is completely make believe.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
33 is the two digit key to unlocking the 'doors' of true reality.
it has to do with dimensional physics and it is the key needed to gain access.
that is all.

There are tales that the secret to dimensional physics lies within the Symmetrical Geometrical Shapes that Pythagoras detailed.

So what did Plato mean when he said this:

An interesting application of the Pythagorean doctrine of geometric solids as expounded by Plato is found in The Canon. "Nearly all the old philosophers," says its anonymous author, "devised an harmonic theory with respect to the universe, and the practice continued till the old mode of philosophizing died out. Kepler (1596), in order to demonstrate the Platonic doctrine, that the universe was formed of the five regular solids, proposed the following rule. 'The earth is a circle, the measurer of all. Round it describe a dodecahedron; the circle inclosing this will be Mars. Round Mars describe a tetrahedron; the sphere inclosing this will be Jupiter. Describe a cube round Jupiter; the sphere containing this will be Saturn. Now inscribe in the earth an icosahedron; the circle inscribed in it will be Venus. Inscribe an octahedron in Venus; the circle inscribed in it will be Mercury' (Mysterium Cosmographicum, 1596). This rule cannot be taken seriously as a real statement of the proportions of the cosmos, fox it bears no real resemblance to the ratios published by Copernicus in the beginning of the sixteenth century. Yet Kepler was very proud of his formula, and said he valued it more than the Electorate of Saxony. It was also approved by those two eminent authorities, Tycho and Galileo, who evidently understood it. Kepler himself never gives the least hint of how his precious rule is to be interpreted." Platonic astronomy was not concerned with the material constitution or arrangement of the heavenly bodies, but considered the stars and planers primarily as focal points of Divine intelligence. Physical astronomy was regarded as the science of "shadows," philosophical astronomy the science of "realities."

www.sacred-texts.com...

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Your quote concerning the initiation to the 33rd degree comes from Jim Shaw's book "The Deadly Deception", and is very inaccurate. Shaw was never elected to receive the 33rd degree, nor did he receive the degree. His story is completely make believe.

Would you be able to direct me to any information in support of the fictional nature of his story?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join