It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the 33rd degree the highest observed Masonic level?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cabaret Voltaire
There are 32 degrees and then the 33rd honorary degree, right?

Keeping in mind that Bible scholars talk about 42 Generations From Abraham to Jesus, the best 32 I've been able to discover is this.....

7 x 40 x 42 = 11,760 and........

11,760 divided by 365 = 32.2 which very oddly reminds me of 322.

It takes a little over 32 years to go through the full cycle.

That is the very best 32 I've ever heard of, and nobody else talks about it, so I've always thought it must be important.

Your thought are not so wrong, despite not right. None of the numbers in sacred geometry are even or seldom they are. The golden rule that builds all in the universe depend on Phi and Phi is 22/7.

Now, 33, 23, 12, 18, 7 all those numbers have a real importance in the geometry of the cosmos, same as numbers like 212 or 666.

The jewish alphabet has 22 letters, 3 mother, arir fire and water, 12 singles, the zodiac and 7 doubles, the planets and those are also the number of cards in the great arcana of the tarot, the human body has 22% water and his head is made of 22 bones. The body has 33 vertebrae, has two paired set of 23 chromosomes, the zodiac has 12 signs and the sun moves trough it by steps of 1 degree every 72 years what makes 25920 years, count the numbers of that sum together and you get 18. 212 x Phi is 666 and so on and we could take hours to go trough the gematria hidden in names of the scriptures and what they mean.

The ancients had a system to hide the scientific evidences that where prosecuted by the religious authority to death if they ever tried to change anything in science that could cause any attempt to faith the way they teach it and wanted it to be and remain.

Out of this became the scriptures that contain this wisdom written between lines in coded branches and the gematria that greek and hebrew alphabet allowed them to do so.

Secret societies base there degrees on that system and this is due to the fact that philosophical teachings like the Kabbalah on what all is based have set up a system which can open to anyone the philosophy of life, how it emerged and became and how it works and this not only on the level of the human body but the existence and manifestation of matter all over.

There are so many things the common profane doesn't know. i asked so many the question along those that pretend to be in masonry or Kabbalah to give me an approach to what the signs of the Zodiac or the great arch of Noah mean and relate with human behavior. The kabalistic tree of live has the great arcana of the Tarot in the 22 path and with the 10 sephirot it is the basic tree it is the 32 degrees that masonry has and if we add that hidden sephira called Eloha Va Daath, the supreme wisdom or light, symbolized by the brightest star in heaven, Sirius, we have the 33 degrees.

The 3 of life is not more then you spinal cord, from the head to your feet and with all the branches that control your functions, your mind, your behavior and feelings, including the motion of your 2 arms where with one you can take and the other can give. That 3 elements, spine and the 2 arms are that 3 pillars of life one finds in the tree. That tree is the human all in all that has behaviors, ways of thinking, different levels of creativity and all those things are again symbolized in 4 different levels of the tree where every sign of the zodiac has a specific place and the planets as well and here it is the symbol of the Planets that are the key and not the Planet itself. I will post the meaning in the next post.

So, there is much that the common mortals do not know and taking time to ask what the 33 degrees mean is waisting time since it is a very bitty part of the whole puzzle.

so in the next post I give you something different to think about and see if you understand what the zodiac and planets are in relation to your personality.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by eur

[edit on 27-6-2010 by eurocrates]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Here what the zodiac and Planets mean in relation to your way of thinking, feeling and behave.

the zodiac in the path of the tree of life

aries I am
Taurus I have
Geminini I think
Cancer I feel
Leo I want
Virgo I analyze
Libra I evaluate
Scorpio I desire
Sagitarius I see
Capricorn I use
Aquarius I know
Pisces I believe

the planets in the tree of life on the level of assiah.

crown I will be
zodiac I relate to
saturn I do
Jupiter I am sure
Mars I react
Sun I am
Mercury I realize
Venus I feel
Moon I move
Earth I live

[edit on 27-6-2010 by eurocrates]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by eurocrates

Originally posted by Cabaret Voltaire
There are 32 degrees and then the 33rd honorary degree, right?

Keeping in mind that Bible scholars talk about 42 Generations From Abraham to Jesus, the best 32 I've been able to discover is this.....

7 x 40 x 42 = 11,760 and........

11,760 divided by 365 = 32.2 which very oddly reminds me of 322.

It takes a little over 32 years to go through the full cycle.

That is the very best 32 I've ever heard of, and nobody else talks about it, so I've always thought it must be important.

Your thought are not so wrong, despite not right. None of the numbers in sacred geometry are even or seldom they are. The golden rule that builds all in the universe depend on Phi and Phi is 22/7.

Now, 33, 23, 12, 18, 7 all those numbers have a real importance in the geometry of the cosmos, same as numbers like 212 or 666.

The jewish alphabet has 22 letters, 3 mother, arir fire and water, 12 singles, the zodiac and 7 doubles, the planets and those are also the number of cards in the great arcana of the tarot, the human body has 22% water and his head is made of 22 bones. The body has 33 vertebrae, has two paired set of 23 chromosomes, the zodiac has 12 signs and the sun moves trough it by steps of 1 degree every 72 years what makes 25920 years, count the numbers of that sum together and you get 18. 212 x Phi is 666 and so on and we could take hours to go trough the gematria hidden in names of the scriptures and what they mean.

I see a small mistake on the number 212 and Phi.
The gematria of ZOHAR = ZHR =212.
This should not be multiplied with Phi , but with PI = 3,1415 to get the 666 result.

Phi = the golden ratio = 1.61803399

[edit on 3-7-2010 by hawk123]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Many think that it's all a number's game.

You see, Masons can build, or rebuild. 32, is a 2X factor of 16. Which is pounds in standard measure. So, if you take a 2 lb. sledge hammer, you could use Force.

33, in Masonic Tradition, implies swinging, and can be good or bad. Depends on who picks up on it.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I heard there are 3 secret degrees beyond 33 for a total of 36 degrees since the Babylonian mystery schools had 36 degrees. If you're a mason in here and you haven't heard of these degrees in your x amount of years, that's just because you don't need to know... The upper lodge ....As above, below.... Silly Dualests.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mumbotron
I heard there are 3 secret degrees beyond 33 for a total of 36 degrees since the Babylonian mystery schools had 36 degrees. If you're a mason in here and you haven't heard of these degrees in your x amount of years, that's just because you don't need to know... The upper lodge ....As above, below.... Silly Dualests.
If there were degrees above 33, someone, somewhere, would be selling lapel pins for those degrees.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Those degrees are kept secret even/ especially from you

edit: line2

[edit on 07/17/2009 by Mumbotron]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

And yet you, a non Mason, know everything about them.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I don't know everything.
You also don't know everything.
Deny Ignorance.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I don't know everything.
You also don't know everything.
Deny Ignorance.
Exactly why I joined the Masons...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
If there were degrees above 33, someone, somewhere, would be selling lapel pins for those degrees.

POINT! lol...You beat me to it.

Well, lets compare even the supposed 36 degrees of the Scottish Rite with all the invitational bodies of the York Rite with the degrees that compose each of those. Too many people get hung up on the numbering system that has made the Scottish Rite an icon.

And you know about it how?

[edit on 4-7-2010 by KSigMason]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

It's a secret.
Blood oaths and all. But seriously, someone who will not be named and has credibility in my view told me this. Why would anyone expect to hear any truths about masonic secrets from a Mason. Hasn't your sweet little tale about Hiram Abiff told you ,or perhaps me, anything about your willingness to share your secrets?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Why would anyone expect to hear any truths about masonic secrets from a Mason. Hasn't your sweet little tale about Hiram Abiff told you ,or perhaps me, anything about your willingness to share your secrets?
Well that's the problem, then. Because there are no Masonic secrets. Every password, handshake, sign, and ritual is out there on the internet for anyone to read. And long before the internet, such things were collected and published in books. Duncan's ritual, for instance, has been in print for more than 200 years, and if you compared it side by side with the ceremonies taking place in lodge rooms today, I'd say at least 90% could be identical verbatim.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Mumbotron

Again, how is it you know?

Masons don't take blood oaths. That's absurd. Second hand information from someone you won't name. Yeah, that's credible.

Again, let us compare how people get hung up on the numbering system of the Scottish Rite with the numerous un-numbered degrees within the York Rite.

Plus, if you were indeed told this by a Mason and there is indeed extra 3-degrees in the Scottish Rite (which there isn't), why would you trust someone who broke their Oaths? I mean, by his very omissions he has shown that he has no fidelity or integrity? Why believe him? And how do you know he was a Mason?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Well, suffice it to say regarding the source of this information that, 'those that look out the windows be darkened'. That alone is likely why any information had slipped from this person and I'm sure it wasn't due to some form of infidelity to the 'craft' or whatever.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

So you were told something by an old man in his last days?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Well, the golden bowl wasn't completely broken, more like it had sure signs of wear.
Line2

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

So you were told something by an old man in his last days?

KSig,

More likely he stumbled upon Grand Dad's book of the ritual and is now equating possession with understanding. Given his limpet-like lock on "blood oaths" he's presenting a classic example of how that isn't the case.

It's pretty clear that he's cherry-picking quotes expecting Masons to cower with every drib and drab he posts (though everything he's posted so far is Blue Lodge ritual).

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

It's a secret.
Blood oaths and all.

There are no "blood oaths" in the Scottish Rite of Masonry.

But seriously, someone who will not be named and has credibility in my view told me this. Why would anyone expect to hear any truths about masonic secrets from a Mason.

Why would anyone expect a non-Mason to understand things he has not seen or experienced?

Regardless, the number of degrees in a Masonic rite is not "secret". The Scottish Rite of Masonry contains 33 degrees, not 36. Also, the Babylonian mystery cult did not have degrees, 36 or otherwise.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I just find it funny that he claims the man is just sound enough to spill the beans on Freemasonry. Apparently from he thinks is the truth, the man did not tell him the truth nor can we confirm the story.

I still find it ironic that he refuses to compare the York Rite and Scottish Rite.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by KSigMason]

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join