It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the 33rd degree the highest observed Masonic level?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

Like what sacrifices?
And where throughout the history of free mason actions isn't the evidence?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by hawk123

See, now you are mixing the Rites of Memphis-Misraim with traditional and recognized Freemasonry. Memphis-Misraim is clandestine Freemasonry.

reply to post by NWOWILLFALL

So you can't list specifics?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

"The great strength of our Order lies in its concealment; let it never appear in any place in its own name, but always covered by another name, and another occupation. None is better than the three lower degrees of Free Masonry; the public is accustomed to it, expects little from it, and therefore takes little notice of it. Next to this, the form of a learned or literary society is best suited to our purpose, and had Free Masonry not existed, this cover would have been employed; and it may be much more than a cover, it may be a powerful engine in our hands. By establishing reading societies, and subscription libraries, and taking these under our direction, and supplying them through our labours, we may turn the public mind which way we will." - Adam Weishaupt, founder of the Illuminati

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

So he says something and you believe him, but I say something and I'm lying?

Plus, the only ties I can find are ties to Grand Orient-style or clandestine Lodges that were in what is now Germany. His attempted merger of the two groups met with failure and only brought in a few members from his Lodge.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by KSigMason]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

"The great strength of our Order lies in its concealment; let it never appear in any place in its own name, but always covered by another name, and another occupation"

In a nutshell...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

When was this quote made? Before his expulsion from Bavaria? Before his initiation into the Craft? Before his attempted merger?

My real-life experience within the Craft has shown no Illuminati connection nor any higher authority other than what is currently established within each body.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I think it represents the 33 bones in the spine, and gives reference to the kundalini.
Watch Sex The Secret Gate To The Garden Of Eden

I think you'll find it tremendously interesting.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

When was this quote made? Before his expulsion from Bavaria? Before his initiation into the Craft? Before his attempted merger?

The quote is not authentic.

Weishaupt's *real* writings on the subject can be found in his book "In Defense of Illuminism".

As Wishaupt lived under the tyranny of a despot & priests, he knew that caution was necessary even in spreading information, & the principles of pure morality. He proposed therefore to lead the Free masons to adopt this object & to make the objects of their institution the diffusion of science & virtue. He proposed to initiate new members into his body by gradations proportioned to his fears of the thunderbolts of tyranny. This has given an air of mystery to his views, was the foundation of his banishment, the subversion of the masonic order, & is the colour for the ravings against him of Robinson, Barruel & Morse, whose real fears are that the craft would be endangered by the spreading of information, reason, & natural morality among men. This subject being new to me, I have imagined that if it be so to you also, you may receive the same satisfaction in seeing, which I have had in forming the analysis of it: & I believe you will think with me that if Wishaupt had written here, where no secrecy is necessary in our endeavors to render men wise & virtuous, he would not have thought of any secret machinery for that purpose. - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, Jan. 31, 1800

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Perhaps i have misunderstood, but i had read that the Freemasons, after being "eradicated" went on to found the Scottish Rite. The 33rd degree concept coming into use at this time referenced the great secret they had about the Church.

The Scottish Rite was actually founded in Charleston, South Carolina, USA in 1801 by 11 York Rite Masons. The first meeting of the Supreme Council 33° was held in 1801 at Shepherd's Tavern in Charleston, with Col. John Mitchell, a Revolutionary War veteran, being elected the first Sovereign Grand Commander.

These 11 Masons had received patents of the 25th degree of the French Rite from a brother who had established that Rite in Jamaica and Haiti, along with the side degrees from the Philosophical Rite. When the two Rites were combined, the new Rite of 33 degrees was designated "Scottish" in reference to the new 29°, which was called Scottish Knight of St. Andrew.

But I would be completely shocked to learn that a Masonic group would just haphazardly combine rites without regard to the sacred numerology.

It depends. I suppose it's possible, but I cannot find any indication that the first 11 members of the Scottish Rite Supreme Council had any knowledge of or interest in sacred numerology. This of course would not always be the case. 70 years later, Albert Pike would be elected Grand Commander, who did in fact study mysticism and numerology, and included some of it in the Rite.

I was under the (wrong) impression that Albert Pike was responsible for creating the Scottish Rite. Thank you for the information!

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
There are 32 degrees and then the 33rd honorary degree, right?

Keeping in mind that Bible scholars talk about 42 Generations From Abraham to Jesus, the best 32 I've been able to discover is this.....

7 x 40 x 42 = 11,760 and........

11,760 divided by 365 = 32.2 which very oddly reminds me of 322.

It takes a little over 32 years to go through the full cycle.

That is the very best 32 I've ever heard of, and nobody else talks about it, so I've always thought it must be important.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Considering all the masonic 33's found in Washington D.C., and around the World, isn't there something behind this? I think there's more to it than just the amount of degrees that happened to come about...

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by FuZe7

For each Supreme Council, there are only 33 active 33rd degree, and the rest are honorary. DC is ground zero for the Southern Jurisdiction Supreme Council so its no surprise that there are quite a few around there.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
reply to post by FuZe7

For each Supreme Council, there are only 33 active 33rd degree, and the rest are honorary. DC is ground zero for the Southern Jurisdiction Supreme Council so its no surprise that there are quite a few around there.
Then again, since the 33 active SGIGs are one per orient, they're only together in DC for their meetings, and otherwise, are supervising the Scottish Rite in their individual states...

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
This seems to be a mason party...
Can we all be blood brothers???

[edit on 30-5-2010 by NWOWILLFALL]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Well, if this is a Mason party who brought the refreshments?

And I couldn't be your blood brother as I don't take blood oaths.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by FuZe7

I was under the (wrong) impression that Albert Pike was responsible for creating the Scottish Rite. Thank you for the information!

Pike actually was very significant in the development of the Scottish Rite into what it is today. However, it was founded shortly before he was born.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawk123
Somebody is keeping the levels above33topsecret. Now eposed, that the masonic order, consisting of at least 99 degrees.

What you have listed are the degrees of a defunct Masonic Rite called the Oriental Rite of Memphis. These degrees were never "top secret", and the entire history of that rite is given in any good Masonic encyclopedia.

The rite of 33 degrees is the SCOTTISH Rite. In the Scottish Rite, there is no degree higher than the 33rd. Just as in the York Rite, there are 12 degrees, and no degree higher than the 12th.

Just for the record, the Scottish Rite never recognized the degrees of the Rite of Memphis (nor did the York Rite, for that matter).

Today, the Rite of Memphis exists in various forms, and for the most part, the various Memphis Rites do not recognize each other, nor do they recognize legitimate and orthodox Freemasonry. Any legitimate Mason faces expulsion if he joins a Memphis Rite.

The only legitimate Masonic organization in America that holds jurisdiction over the degrees of the Rite of Memphis is the Grand College of Rites of the United States, of which I am myself a member. The Grand College does not confer those degrees ritualistically. Instead, members of the Grand College are given written manuscripts of the degree ceremonies to study.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

I didn't know that about the Grand College. I've been reading up on the various appendant bodies within the York Rite. I just got initiated into the York Rite College the other day.

Maybe its because I'm in the York Rite only, but way too many people focus on the numbering system. So many don't know the history of the degrees and orders. Its been pointed out before that you had to go through either of the Rites to join the Shrine. So by the theorists logic, the Shriners were a superior order in Freemasonry. This isn't so anymore, as many know.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
With discussion of Illuminati, if such an organization exists, You must realize that very few Masons, if Masons are involved with such an organization, are really involved in Illuminati activities. My personal opinion is that Illuminati probably does exist, and that they have "infultrated" their greatest enemies (FreeMasonry) in order to give the Fraternity a bad name and eventually take it over. Just like what happened to Russia as a whole (with the killing of the czars and the institution of the bolshevik communists and atheist regim, making the once great nation look like big bullies of the world).

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by lastzoroastrianleft

The actual, historical Illuminati (Illuminated Seers of Bavaria) were a quasi-Masonic rite, and therefore did not consider Masons their enemies. Their system consisted of ten degrees, with the first three degrees of Masonry being the 4th, 5th, and 6th degrees of the Illuminati.

This organization was primarily dedicated to establishing democratic government and separating church and state in the German states of the late 18th century, although some of their Lodges spread to Italy and elsewhere on the continent.

They were eventually infiltrated by the secret police and disbanded.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join