It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mark of the Beast doesn't matter anymore?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Mark of the Beast may not be required anymore. Is it a conspiracy to suggest that it still is required? Or, is it just a traditional ritual being re-played out for no better reason than: people haven't yet realized that event already happened.

If we look at the bible there are a few versus that cover pros and cons of the Mark of the Beast. I'm tempted to list several verses that cover the topic, yet I hesitate about the translation of the scriptures to be close enough, or even the original writers to be competent spellers. The overall suggestions made by the versus, however, make it seem as if the events already occurred. It begs the question of why people would preach as if it hasn't even happened. This contradiction between past tense in the versus, even in their questionable state, and the preached version as if it is in future tense is what suggests the conspiracy.

If Satan doesn't think Mark of the Beast is of any worth anymore, then the question is who or why would people to continue the ritual to make it worth something.

I put this is the Origin & Creationism forum for discussion because it exposes the bible as a 'book of memories' rather than a 'book of prophecy'. I don't mean to disrespect people's faith in this subject, yet I do think this past/future issue is a technical issue that needs to be cleared-up about this subject.

It's like why don't people ever walk about to the preachers and say: why do you ignore the fact the bible shows it already happened so why preach it still is going to happen like it never happened? Do they not want use to see the bible as case law for origins and rather have us see it only to support their ideal purist Creationism?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
blasphemy!!!

u must be part of the NWO

I wont listen to slander of the Bible
nor will I be a part of it

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dzonatas

[13] And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
[14] And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
[15] And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
[16] And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
[17] And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

So where in history has men had to have a mark upon their body to buy and sell.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by ACTS 2:38]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
blasphemy!!!

That's not funny. The versus cover both sides of the coin, so those that actually study this subject knows better that blasphemy is a moot issue, apropos.

u must be part of the NWO

I think more people would hate you to even attempt to say that. Note, I didn't even make such connection!

I wont listen to slander of the Bible
nor will I be a part of it

Ok, so lets talk about the NWO for a bit, so we can figure out what you meant. If there is nothing 'new' about a world order, then what does the letter N stand for in NWO? This question is in analogy to my OP.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ACTS 2:38

Simply how the scriptures in Revelations relates to the scriptures in Exodus.

I know, someone expects to easily pass this off as blasphemy and yell out 'yet revelations is prophecy'. Of course! That only ignores the point, however.

The point being it doesn't excuse the fact of how the scriptures reference events in the other books. For example, Revelation 16:2 It's simply content vs. context.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Your avatar is the mark of the beast.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by thaknobodi
Your avatar is the mark of the beast.

I knew this would be a tough subject for some that can't handle a technical look at this.

I don't even think it is a contradiction in the bible.

I actually tried to google pixies and this subject to see if you are being serious at all.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Amazing.

I'd like to see more. Can you give links to these verses ?

It's been a while since I saw you on the board. Good to see you

Totaly cool mind provoking thread.
S & F

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter KlaasCan you give links to these verses ?

To be respectful about the subject, my suggestion is to use Biblos to search keywords and study the scriptures.

It's been a while since I saw you on the board. Good to see you

Totaly cool mind provoking thread.
S & F

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Hmmmmm 2 entities involved...

My understanding for what its worth...

From the Gospel of Thomas....Quote;

56. Jesus said,

“Whoever has come to understand the World
has found only a corpse,

and whoever has found a corpse
is superior to the World.

The 2 Entities....

a. The descendants of A'DAM... of the Primate family, hence a beast of the field...

b. MAN the Soul or offspring of God...
(Not a beast but that which is Not of the Earth, but experiences the Primate through the Soul.)

The bible is about the "Metamorphoses" of the Soul, Not the believed development or achievements of the Human Primate.

The bible is a parable for the True Mind, and does Not involve flesh even though flesh, or the beast is mentioned.

As it is said the Flesh Wars against the Soul.

The number of the beast has nothing at all to do with just the future but instead is the present involving past and future.

It is in EVERY person of the Human Species !

Ever heard of "The Son of A'DAM" taking the place of "The Son of MAN" or "The MAN Child" ???

I haven't....

It just dosen't sound right does it, to call J.C. or even the Carpeter "The Son of A'DAM" instead of "The Son of MAN", Why ????

The “Son of MAN” is a component of the Soul and Not Flesh.

A'DAM's Life was the Breath, but the LIGHT of Man is the LIFE of God.

God is NOT a Primate !

So yes I agree with you in that the Name and The Number of the Beast merely Identifies the Entity.

Note in The Revelation of J.C. in Chapter 13., the only ones, that could buy or sell,
had the mark or number of the beast in and not on the forehead Right Hand...

It is in the genes…. “Double Logic”.

NOTE: It is only the human species, that buys and sells ???

The Soul can't Buy or Sell so here we see the 2 entities.

a. The Flesh or Beast.

b. The Soul or Offspring of God.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by The Matrix Traveller

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The only thing we are guilty of with your reasoning (IMO) is being alive ?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Many people have the mark of the beast.

It does matter.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows

Many people have the mark of the beast.

It does matter.

Could you explain what this mark is ?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

No, I cannot explain the mark because it is not actually on them.

It is on people who care nothing for others, for animals, for the planet.

It is on warmongerers.

And rich people who do not feed the starving.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Not to be ummm..... rude but yes, what is it, in your opinion, the mark of the beast? I added "your opinion" due to the interpretative nature of scripture and the fact that no one knows the mind of God nor can a prediction be clarified until that event has occurred. So.... if it has occurred what does it look like? Are you implying as was another poster that our flesh is the mark? If this were the case than that would be to imply that history from our very beginning is the apocalypse and we’ve been living it all this time. The author John was speaking of what will happen as seen in his vision not what has happened. I could jump fence and look through the eyes of those whom believe John was referencing his own time and if that were the case he would still have been referring to a future event, nearer then we have interpreted but still the future to him. Posters I’m not so sure how you feel but I’m calling this out. The oddity of my post is a reflection of the OPs vague statements. OP, I don’t know what John was referring to but I doubt any one will be able to tell you. If they claim they can ….Run

[edit on 14-5-2010 by MsAmen]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The only thing we are guilty of with your reasoning (IMO) is being alive ?

It is Not the Flesh that is alive...

Does any part of the human species (Your body) know your real entity i.e. Your Awareness, Consciousness, Mind, Spirit, LIFE, or what ever label you wish to give it ???

But it is your "Consciousness" that is LIFE not the species you experience...

From "The Gospel of Thomas"....Quote;

56. Jesus said,

“Whoever has come to understand the World
has found only a corpse,

and whoever has found a corpse
is superior to the World.

So you/we are Not guilty of anything...

It is just a matter of knowing your real self, and understanding what all is really about...

Freedom is found, in knowing the Truth... Not adopting a belief...

When one comes to know LIFE it is impossible for them to Die.

I am Not referring to the human Form but LIFE itself.

As the True entity is LIFE and Not the Flesh.

The real you is a Droplet of the One LIFE Entity...

So what I am saying is, when your time comes, You can't Lose your LIFE because the real you is LIFE so you can only lose the Flesh.

It is only the Flesh that conedmns..... and NOT LIFE

[edit on 14-5-2010 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Thank you for explaining.

I believe the flesh is what divides you from you as it makes you an individual.

I very much agree with you. Isn't their a verse where Jesus tells his pupils about life ?
That it is everywhere but people are just blind to it, so they don't see it.

I misunderstood your first post.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ACTS 2:38

Perhaps the "Mark" is metaphoric in nature. do you not hold the credit card in your hand, and look into the camera at the ATM machine? To a person of ancient times, seeing this for the first time, a small mistake like this could have been made.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MsAmen
Not to be ummm..... rude but yes, what is it, in your opinion, the mark of the beast? I added "your opinion" due to the interpretative nature of scripture and the fact that no one knows the mind of God nor can a prediction be clarified until that event has occurred. So.... if it has occurred what does it look like? Are you implying as was another poster that our flesh is the mark?

I've made no implication or interpretation of what is the mark of the beast.

If this were the case than that would be to imply that history from our very beginning is the apocalypse and we’ve been living it all this time.

That is one possibility, yet 'is it worth it' anymore to hide or discover such History.

The author John was speaking of what will happen as seen in his vision not what has happened. ... The oddity of my post is a reflection of the OPs vague statements.

That is exactly why I noted 'of course' Revelation is about prophecy. The technical question is it now history and is it still 'worth it' to tout it as prophecy still yet to happen versus prophecy that has already happened. It's not a question on exactly what has happened, how, or why in context of the bible. Please review this part of the OP where I was very specific:

If Satan doesn't think Mark of the Beast is of any worth anymore, then the question is who or why would people to continue the ritual to make it worth something.

In other words, why would preachers tout something that isn't true about what the bible states? It's only true to their own interpretation and that interpretation isn't the bible. Is it right for one to listen to preacher, and then later for that one to condemn another person that reads the bible that also doesn't agree with what the preacher states? The one who listens to the preacher's interpretation thinks the preachers word is the bible...

... hence this thread and my technical question. The 'stars' on the second post only reveal the knee-jerk reactions that missed this point. I call the stars bash points since the post attacked me rather than attempt to debate the subject.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by dzonatas]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I tend to see it as yet to be..so many of the circumstances that are contemporary of the "Mark of the Beast" have yet to happen...

The entire world will witness the two witnesses in Israel and see them killed and lying in the street. No where in history was that possible until we had global communications.

The 200,000,000 man army from the east crosses the dried up Euphrates River. Again, that did not ever happen until China attained a reserve and active army of 200,000,000... oh, and last year, the Euphrates started going dry.

Wormwood....where or what was that in history...killed 1/3 of all men. Don't recall that one in history...yet to come?

I could go on, but you get my point. I think it is a literal event, a literal mark, that is yet to come.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join