It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my 2012 theory... and no not an end of the world scenario

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
my theory for this whole 2012 end of the world scene is simple. given that the Mayans were extremely astronomically knowledgeable, and that they used stars to form their calendar, my theory is based upon this.

all celestial entities are moving away from each other. we can measure this by radio waves. but, due to the fact that the stars we see in the night sky are so incredibly distant, it takes about 100,000 years for us to notice a difference. therefore, we would see stars today that we have used for millenia as objects to keep track of dates, would eventually shift position in some way.

and this is my theory: i believe that the mayan calendar ends on December 21, 2012, not because the world would end, but because the Pleiades, one of the major star systems used by the Mayans in the formation of their calendar, would no longer be a constant. they would have to find a new star system in order to continue their calendar, but could not predict how the stars would shift.

thoughts?

eta: this is my first and only thread EVER in this forum

[edit on 13-5-2010 by LocoHombre]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
That is actually one hell of an interesting theory. This is why I love ATS, so many different minds to learn from. My ignorance of the stars knows no bounds, so I suppose I will have to wait on some esteemed members to post some links.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

Thank you, and it's ok that you don't really understand stars, not a lot of people do.

here's a link to pics of projected movements of the big dipper constellation:

www.astronomy.ohio-state.edu...

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LocoHombre

Makes more sense to me than a bunch of the other stuff floating around.

My problem is there wasn't enough imagination. Couldn't it be Pleiades coming to Earth and kicking butt.

Seriously though, they were clever folks, you are probably close to the money.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Sounds like a fair theory to me mate. I wonder what positional changes have occured to the pleiades in the last 2000years or earths relationship to any of the constellations.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
while i think your theory does sound very logical i just don't think that is the case
if you research into the occult and significant connections to 2012 as well as the astrological you will see that it does hold significance as a new age of some sorts. also i dont believe it will be the end as well.

i cant find the specific video but it discusses how the connection of venus, 911 2001, the nwo speech in 1991, and 2012 is all seperated by 11 year solar cycles and all events are done in accordance to ritual significance.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

that sounds about right.. good thought..

I always thought the magic was in the fact some Mayan had to be aware at the beginning, 36k years ago... and start the calender off..

this to me blew the .. "gee there were only hunters & gatherers back then theory".. out of the water..

then the jazzy stuff like its more accurate than our Gregorian calendar with the leap days and such..

solar flares & all that other doom and gloom could happen any time..

galactic central point rays hitting our sun.. idk what that will do..lol

new topics

top topics

join