It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anulom Vilom Yoga/meditation technique

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I have been practicing the Anulom Vilom Yoga/meditation technique for quite some time and I think that this is one of the great techniques for getting into a state of meditation. Here are the steps involved in this process:

1. Close your eyes and relax. Sit in this position for a couple of minutes till you settle down.
2. Close your right nostril with your right thumb
3. Breath in from your left nostril.
4. Hold the breath for a couple of seconds.
5. Open right nostril and close left nostril with middle and ring finger
6. Breath out from right nostril.
7. Breathe in from right nostril, close the right nostril
8. Open left nostril and breathe out.
9.Repeat again, steps 1 through 7.

We can perform the above steps for around 10 minutes. However, to get into a state of deep meditation, we might have to perform the above steps for around 30 minutes or more. Throughout this process, it would be more beneficial if we are not disturbed or interrupted by anyone. Also, it would be helpful if we can close the eyes during the entire process. The anulom vilom yoga technique also has several health benefits.

Peace

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I thought about trying this one a while ago except I dont like to move at all when I meditate, if I remain perfectly still I loose all sensation of my body and get the floating sensation that precedes the vibrations. The lack of stimuli from the body allows me to drift deeper

I find that as soon as I move a body part I then become able to feel that body part and am reminded that I even have a body. I suppose I could do it so rythmically and constantly that my thumb just does what it needs to without even thinking about it and after a while one may forget what their thumb is actually doing or that they even have fingers.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Interesting technique, just tried it for a couple minutes.

Here's my personal favorite technique for getting into a very relaxed state.

Lie down on your back in complete darkness, and close your eyes.

Breathe in with your nose slowly, filling your lungs and hold it for a couple seconds.

Exhale all the air slowly through your mouth, and hold it.

Repeat.

new topics

join