It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Media Blackout Underway! Obama Treason Trials Start Thursday!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

And if you want to follow the updates, go to WND.com to find it because you won't find updates on any MSM sites.

You would be much better off going to www.salon.com because they have the only English language reporter there (apparently there is a German guy there too
).

Anything WND might repeat is a "press release" from the organizers and not a "report".

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
**********BREAKING NEWS**********

I just held my own trial on Obama in my garage.

Presiding as Judge: Outkast Searcher

Member of 1 man Jury: Outkast Searcher

RULINGS:

1) The court has ruled that Obama is a natural born citizen and that birthers are looney.

2) The court has also ruled that any trials on Obama that are held in churches are hearby declared stupid and absolutely ridiculous.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Moderator, where art thou?

If an OP titles a post with an obvious non-factual statement, then why are these posts allowed to live? It's not censorship, it is just bull# control.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Does anyone have a report on how many people showed up for this "trial?"

According to the link in the OP,

8) Up to 30,000 people are expected to appear overall.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson
Does anyone have a report on how many people showed up for this "trial?"

According to the link in the OP,

8) Up to 30,000 people are expected to appear overall.

I read 150 on something, but I think that was a "march" in support of it. Still not a large number for the "Trial of the Century"

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Thanks. Not only that but not even a good percentage of the expected turnout. I wounder just what they base that 30,000 number on and how many people can fit in the church basement. Hopefully someone out of that 150 has something to tell us soon.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
So having actually read into what this was all about what is the big deal? Some loon has a mock trial in his church? Oh dear, better get ready for a special election then. Fact of the matter is only congress can do anything about the president now.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

reply to post by vkey08

Thanks. Not only that but not even a good percentage of the expected turnout. I wounder just what they base that 30,000 number on and how many people can fit in the church basement. Hopefully someone out of that 150 has something to tell us soon.

I think the turnout that Mr Manning wanted was all in his head. There's something odd about the timing of his "mock trial" if anyone is watching the Charlie Rangel debacle...

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Interesting. I have actually not heard Rangel's name in a week or so. Did something new happen? Do you think the reverend is trying to make cover for him? Sorry, I am not up on this.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
www.salon.com...

read all about it

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Odd, the thread title mentions a Media Blackout but I haven't seen ANYTHING on TV about it.

(Satire mode: On)

TRIAL RECAP DAY ONE:

The Honorable Pastor Manning presides and calls the Court to Order.

Lacking a gavel, he slams a giant black Stapler on the desk and in doing so empales an row of #10 Swinglines into his right thumb. He screams in agony, "Lord have mercy."

Manning: "Bailiff is the defendant present?"

Bailiff: "No your honor"

Manning: "Do we know his whereabouts?"

Bailiff: "Yes your honor he is in the Whitehouse."

Manning: "Is the jury present and do we have a quorum?"

Baliff: "Yes your honor, we have the seven dwarfs, 3 Keebler elves and Beavis & Butthead."

Manning: "Great, please have them seated in the jury box, Errr I mean choir section."

Manning: "Is the media present?"

Bailiff: "Yes your honor, reporters are here from the National Enquirer, World News Daily, Birther Illustrated and Popular Lunatics."

Manning: "OK let's begin. With the power invested in me by wearing a Snuggie and the blessing of The Lord Almighty, I hereby call for the indictment of Barack H. Obama on the grounds of high crimes, treason, failing to return 6 overdue library books in the 6th grade and illegally removing mattress care & cleaning tags.

"Let us pray...Dear Heavenly Father, please show your divine hypocrisy and revoke all mercy for this treacherous criminal who has devoted his life to public service. Please expose his ties to Satan and all things unholy and unseat this charlatan so that this great nation can stumble and falter during our utmost time of need." Amen.

"There that should do it. The court will recess for lunch. Sister Mary, kindly fetch us them fine leftover vittles from last nights Bingo pot luck."

To be continued...........

[edit on 18-5-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   

reply to post by vkey08

Interesting. I have actually not heard Rangel's name in a week or so. Did something new happen? Do you think the reverend is trying to make cover for him? Sorry, I am not up on this.

Not sure, just been a lot of undercurrent in the NY media about Rangel lately then nothing after this "trial" started

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

I guess I thought it had died down a few weeks ago but WNY is a different place from just old NY for some reason so maybe they just stopped talking about him out here.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Salon article Part two is out. What a hoot.

Manning, now acting as prosecuting attorney, told us that the biggies -- espionage and treason -- would be "delineated" (dropped) from the indictment. Considering that this was supposed to be Barack Obama's treason trial, that was a bit of a disappointment.

Sixty-five people registered to be jurors. Thankfully, only 13 showed.

Seems my parody was a tad short, must have been a 4th Keebler elf.

www.salon.com...

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I've got to hand it to you America, you are never, ever boring! There is always something fascinating, weird, funny or interesting going on in your country.

So Salon says that there was a turnout of 50-75 or so for the march. It's probably somewhere between but there is some doubt cast on the 150 turnout in my mind by this.

Some things that caught my eye from the article (which was, I think, very well written I've always liked Salon's reporting style too though so I am biased there)

The "sometimes contentious relationship between Columbia and the churches and residents of Harlem" caught my eye, I didn't think before of how this could be a more local political matter as well. Interesting, go after the president to take a jab at the university.

The ease of getting a birth certificate thing was interesting too, it shows how no matter what proof is given, there are a lot of birthers that simply will not accept President Obama is who he says he is. This also backs up my own findings from my fact-finding assignment trip to the United States around Easter.

The real story here seems to be this Rev. James David Manning guy, both from Salon and what I have read here on ATS. If I were a local NYC investigative reporter I'd be looking into this guy, my journalist senses are tingling haha.

At the end of the second part of the Salon article there is a link to the coverage at The Conservative Monster, which is hilarious and worth about as much as WND's reporting would be if they'd bothered to send someone.

In the end I think that Alex Pareene of Salon was right about what this "trial" says about the Birthers at this point. We've left reality long ago with this issue, now we are flying though some sort of land of make-believe where anything is possible for President Obama to be, so long as it's bad and makes it okay to hate him.

This is no longer about the welfare or stability of the United States but a justification of all the uncomfortable feelings that some have had over President Obama. I will not attribute all of it to any one cause, everyone in that movement has their own reason for their delusional hatred, but I just hope that they can some day be worked out and you can re-join your fellow reasonably rational and sane citizens.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ProjectJimmy

OMG, thanks. I missed the link to Conservative Monster in my own link to article.

The quotes are HILARIOUS. In a nutshell. Obama didn't like women, only hung out with Whites and Middle-Easterners, wanted to "overthrow" wealthy people, was lazy, drove a BMW and liked to smoke pot and party.

ROFLMAO. Milk coming out of my nose from laughing. Barney Fife, meet Underdog.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join