It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

INTERVIEW-Mexico's Calderon to protest Arizona law to Obama

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

INTERVIEW-Mexico's Calderon to protest Arizona law to Obama

www.optionetics.com

Mexican President Felipe Calderon will protest to U.S. President Barack Obama in Washington next week about Arizona's crackdown on illegal immigrants, Calderon told Reuters on Thursday.

Calderon said a law that will come into force in Arizona in July, requiring police to check the immigration status of anyone they suspect is in the United States illegally, was already affecting relations between the two neighbors.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
How Mexico treats Illegal Aliens

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Does he need a reminder of what happens to illegals in his country?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

^^Well there's a reminder. Although I'm glad to see SOMEONE (Arizona) doing SOMETHING about immigration in the US, I'm still on the fence with the law itself.

HOWEVER, Calderon is in NO position to be critiquing how the US treats the citizens it allows cross the border.

And Obama and the Feds, as we all know, don't want anything to do with this. They have no ideas on how to crack down on immigration. So when a state does something, since the Feds aren't, they call it irresponsible...Actually
might be the other way around.

I realize Calderon doesn't want the illegals to go back to Mexico, but don't criticize a law that is far and beyond better than your own country's policy on illegals.

www.optionetics.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-5-2010 by Portugoal]

[edit on 13-5-2010 by Portugoal]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The first thought that I had when I read this is what the heck does a foreign government think when they start criticizing this country's laws on immigration? Maby he thinks we should do what Castro did and just let him open up all the prisons and give us all there convicted killers and other criminals?
Good job Arizonan, stick to your guns.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Ugh, that gnome should just stop meddling with other countries' affairs and start working on the issues we have here because so far he has done quite a mediocre job. To think mine and my father's taxes will pay for that expensive flight to Washington makes my blood and sheet boil.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Bad news if he bows...
2nd line

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
You know, it makes me wonder if behind the scenes , if there is some kind of deal between the feds and Mexico's government. Makes sense , that this law then goes against some promise or deal that was made. I really wonder.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
You know, it makes me wonder if behind the scenes , if there is some kind of deal between the feds and Mexico's government. Makes sense , that this law then goes against some promise or deal that was made. I really wonder.

hmmm... explain. Honestly, I really don't think the feds have any clue of where to even start.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Check the Passports for the proper visa stamp and remember to check the staff passports too.

Don't need anymore welfare cases in our country and we don't need anymore anchor babies to pay for,,,We Are Taxed To Death As It Is.

And,,, When You Leave,,, Take Some Of Your Family Back With You

We are tired of them sucking off our tit

Thank You, Thank You, and don't forget,,, we don't need you or your words of wisdom / hate for our state and any state like Arizona!
Go to California, You have a large population of followers there. The Open Boarder People, IDIOTS, They'll cry for you and get on their knees and gravel and scream how racist Arizona is. Just Pat Them On Their Heads, They Love It.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
He can protest all he wants, it's not gonna do him a bit of good. Unless that law violates our constitution there's nothing the big O can do about it. The states have a right to pass whatever laws they want as long as they don't violate our constitution.

Maybe he'd do better to stop wasting his time blowing hot air over here and stay home and take care of his own country. If he put half the energy he wastes complaining about how illegals get treated over here on fixing his own country's problems, maybe his people wouldn't be fleeing over the border and destroying our country.

I say
to Arizona, keep up the good work, and I hope other states follow suit. If the feds won't do their jobs and secure our borders then I'm all for the states doing whatever they have to do to stop this invasion of illegals.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
The funny thing is, Obama's busy dealing with how much money the EU should get for their bail out and such that he isn't even worrying about his own country either.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

That's to be expected since when he was a senator he didn't spend much time worrying about his state, as evidenced by his voting record.

They should all worry about their own countries, states, etc, and we'd all be a lot better off. Maybe something would even get accomplished if they worried about their own back yards instead of their neighbors.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

...but then they wouldn't have anything to distract themselves from the messes that their countries are in.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
What I think is going to happen is that they will continue to bark about the Arizona state law, and do nothing, only to continue to get embarassed. After all has anyone looked at the national news, especially on the attempted times square bombing? He had help, and one of those people was someone who as told to leave the country and did not, an illegale immigrant. The more stories, similar to what has been demonstrated and the more that states take action, the more the federal government will have to take action. I know it kind of killed the federal governments hope to pass a general amnesty.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
You know, a country can be divided as Obama and Arizona, but it's the president's responsibility, that when the country is pushed, it shows a united front towards the pusher. In other words, he should tell that Calderon loster to shove it, sod off, and mind his own damn country. Jeez, what the hell? There IS a reason why illegal immigrants are referred to as "ILLEGAL". Because they are in the US illegally, aka, breaking the law.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by David_Reale

...but we both know Obama won't do that.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I say if you want to come to our counrty, and do it legally and become a true citizen and learn to speak ENGLISH and pay taxes, then come on in. But if you want to cross illegally, expect us to learn YOUR language and pay for YOUR welfare and kid's schooling with OUR tax money, stay the HELL OUT!

These illegals are costing this country BILLIONS of dollars a year!!

They bring disease, drugs and gang violence, force our schools to hire extra SPANISH SPEAKING teacher's aids, close our hospitals down, take our jobs, and it goes on and on.

YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE HERE. MEXICO LOST THE WAR, THE SOUTHERN STATES BELONG TO THE USA!!!!!

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by paronomasia

Not sure of the best way to go about doing this, but maybe it's time to win them back.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by paronomasia

But america has plenty of people who do not speak english do they not?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

yes there are many but they are in the US LEGALLY

[edit on 14-5-2010 by habfan1968]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
FAT HYPOCRISY.

How do they treat illegal immigrants in Mexico? Horribly.

How do they treat their citizens in Mexico? Horribly.

How do they keep law & order in Mexico? Horribly.

Yeah, let's all do things the Mexico way, eh?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join