It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Totalitarian Tactics Confirmed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

www.nytimes.com...

U.S. Approval to Kill a Cleric Causes Unease

"The Obama administration’s decision to authorize the killing by the Central Intelligence Agency of a terrorism suspect who is an American citizen has set off a debate over the legal and political limits of drone missile strikes, a mainstay of the campaign against terrorism.

The notion that the government can, in effect, execute one of its own citizens far from a combat zone, with no judicial process and based on secret intelligence, makes some legal authorities deeply uneasy."

Congrats, girls - a defacto police state.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page):
Please make sure every post matters.
Refrain from 1-line or very-minimal responses.
Edit-down your quoted posts to the important part.
Don't use "txting" shorthand in posts.
Use snippets and links for external content.
Provide meaningful comments for links, pictures, and videos.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by leo123]

[edit on 13/5/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by leo123

HI,

Thanks for posting this story. I guess we all saw this coming, alongside the Miranda rights thing.

Allow me for a moment to play Devil's Advocate, however.

Would you not say that an American Citizen that is hiding in another country and inciting war on the US by way of religion is treasonous? And also, would you not say that person has abandoned all desire to be a US Citizen? I only ask you now, for your opinion, because a lot of people are going to see it this way and try to defend it.

I agree that he is treasonous, but I also disagree they have the right to initiate a kill order on him. That sends us down the slippery slope of when is enough enough? Where is the line of it is or is not ok to do this?

And to announce it? Is this not the very underbelly of the CIA secrecy being blown wide open not just for our eyes, but for the treasonous eyes?

Does this lend credence then, to "conspiracy theories" about the CIA doing other kill orders? Like Kennedy, etc?

In some way, someone will liken this to "transparency in government".

Me? I see it as giving a heads up to him to get the hail out of Yemen. Since when did we disclose our secret ops to the NY Times? What the heck is going on in this country? Sometimes, I feel like I woke up in the twilight zone...

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by leo123

Yeah... he's not a Terrorist.. he's an American. even if he committed a Terrorist Act, what different between a car bomb and walking into a mall with an AK-47? None, imo. A murderer is a murderer.

Kinda surprised Obama would allow this I mean wasn't he supposed to be ... a change from Bush lol?

join