It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Columbia , Missouri Police Chief : "I Hate the Internet ".

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Missouri Police Chief Ken Burton is frustrated with the attention that the You Tube video that witnessed his SWAT team conducting a drug raid last February. Within days of the video hitting the web, Burton was forced to hold several press conferences along with laying out reforms to the way SWAT raids will be conducted in the future. Chief Ken Burton's response .." I Hate the Internet "...reason.com... It seems to me that you can hear gun fire followed by dogs yelping in pain soon after the SWAT team enters the house in the following video

[edit on 13-5-2010 by L.HAMILTON]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
The government of the U.S is quickly learning that the internet is a great tool for the people. No I'm not against the government. But look at New China and see how restricted the internet is there.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
this sheriff is just some hayseed-good'ol boy who is ticked off that he get use any means nescesary of get his "contraband"

not a gov. agent...i'm sure

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Oh no, the poor Police Chief is frustrated that they now have to explain their actions?
What is this world coming to when the police and swat have to answer for the horrible things they tend to do?

Bunch of scumbags that can't be bothered to do their jobs properly here.
I hope they all get what they deserve.
I'm not against police, law enforcement or protection etc. but this is just out of control.

Btw, the "reason" link isn't working for me. Coming up as page not found.

~Tragic~

[edit on 13-5-2010 by Tragic]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

How much you wanna bet that #1 on the list of SWAT reforms is:

DO NOT TAPE THE < snip > RAIDS!

[edit on 5/13/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
From what I read this raid only found less than an ounce of marijuana on the premises.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
grr F the police

and screw that police chief

but the internet i fear though may be soon taken under control because it is such a great source of freedom..

[edit on 13-5-2010 by togetherwestand]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I'm a member of a very large forum (not quite as large as ATS) that like to talk about...adult american recreational activities...shall we say.

I think just about everyone at that site sent that police department e-mails of disgust.

Seems like the proper reaction.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Way to kick someone on the ground when they try to put their hands behind their head. Oh wait he said hands behind your back, i guess that was justifiable then. BS RAID BS COPS IMO

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Columbia , Missouri Police Chief : "I Hate the Internet ".

Good.

We should make it our personal responsibility to make any and all corrupt government officials feel the exact same way.

TheAssoc.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Here is the solution:

www.outpost-of-freedom.com...

Bear in mind, the guy who wrote this has been in JAIL ever since, just for coming up with this idea! That is how AFRAID TPTB are of this!

A few months ago, I had a truly and quite literally "revolutionary" idea, and I jokingly called it "Assassination Politics": I speculated on the question of whether an organization could be set up to legally announce that it would be awarding a cash prize to somebody who correctly "predicted" the death of one of a list of violators of rights, usually either government employees, officeholders, or appointees. It could ask for anonymous contributions from the public, and individuals would be able send those contributions using digital cash. I also speculated that using modern methods of public-key encryption and anonymous "digital cash," it would be possible to make such awards in such a way so that nobody knows who is getting awarded the money, only that the award is being given. Even the organization itself would have no information that could help the authorities find the person responsible for the prediction, let alone the one who caused the death.

This type of thing is why they FEAR the internet, and wish to control and censor it! And that's why every single one of us should fight to keep the internet free!

[edit on 14-5-2010 by CaptChaos]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
That article you listed is a terrible thing though.
Kind of like that old saying, "two wrongs don't make a right"
Firstly, I don't think he could have been too knowledgable about the law. Hiring a hitman is what it would be doing and yes, the person doing the hiring is accountable. And encrypted or not, they would still figure out who/what/where etc by sting operations. (that's if they could do their jobs
)
I understand the whole reason behind this was to say basically, If they fear what citizens will/can do to them when they are so blantantly in the wrong. Then they will be more cautious of their actions. This is probably true but a horrid way to go about it. imo
I didn't read the entire article (way too long and just out there for me)
Who's to say what's wrong and deserves death? Isn't that why we have judges? Don't they often go corrupt? So, why wouldn't a normal citizen?
But if he's been in jail since making this. I can't say I'm all that shocked.

But yes, I do agree with the idea that they need to worry about the ramifications of their actions. I'm so tired of this, we're the police, we can do what we want mentality.
The police as well as the rest of the governments were made to be 'servants' to the public. We pay their paychecks and that's how it should be. Somewhere down the line it got twisted and I don't know if there's any going back.

~Tragic~

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Tragic]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I strongly think if this was on the news, people would realize that their internet is being threatened.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
When I saw this video a week or so ago I immediately googled the police station's phone number and left a message telling them where such actions will direct them in the after life. Took 3 min tops, Thanks internet.

DOGKILLERS!!

Edit to add:600 East Walnut
Columbia, MO 65201-4491
573-874-7652/FAX: 573-874-3142

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Moonsouljah]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Mmmmkay So COPS trying to put bad people away, but in the process they shoot two dogs? So here is a simple solution that would of prevented that....

STOP DOING BAD THINGS PEOPLE!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

You obviously missed the thread last week about this video. Two dogs killed and a family traumatized over a gram of weed and a bowl. They screwed up. Period.

Edit to add, I guess the guy also got charged for child endangerment for having drugs in the house with a child. However, kicking in doors and spraying bullets is PERFECTLY fine because hey, gotta get those bad people.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by samureyed]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by samureyed

You obviously missed the thread last week about this video. Two dogs killed and a family traumatized over a gram of weed and a bowl. They screwed up. Period.

Edit to add, I guess the guy also got charged for child endangerment for having drugs in the house with a child. However, kicking in doors and spraying bullets is PERFECTLY fine because hey, gotta get those bad people.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by samureyed]

Bad training but I guess cops would still be bad if this happened and the owner of the house was holding a child prostitution ring.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53
Mmmmkay So COPS trying to put bad people away, but in the process they shoot two dogs? So here is a simple solution that would of prevented that....

STOP DOING BAD THINGS PEOPLE!!!!!!!!

The stupidity of the above statement cannot be overstated. You are "presumed" innocent until proven guilty. The police cannot "ASSUME" that you have understood your Miranda rights. (as they did in the video) If dogs were expected to be on site, then an animal control officer should also have been present.

THE POLICE ARE NOT ALWAYS RIGHT AND ARE NOT THERE TO ASSESS GUILT, this is what courts are for.

..Ex

[edit on 5/14/2010 by v3_exceed]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53
Bad training but I guess cops would still be bad if this happened and the owner of the house was holding a child prostitution ring.

The nature of the crime doesn't affect the procedural aspects of the event. He could have been accused of manufacturing any number of things, this doesn't excuse the police behavior. The reason the accused have these rights, is because ANYONE can be accused. Wait till they come for you, and see how suddenly important your rights are.

To assign guilt based on the suspicion of a crime is reminiscent of Soviet Russia. If this is acceptable, why bother with a court system at all. Simply enable the police to accuse, convict and punish and save everyone a lot of money and time. Oh wait..they did that in a movie... Judge Dredd.

..Ex

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

If killing dogs are the eggs you justify breaking to make an omelet, I bet your omelets taste terrible.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join