It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Criminal probe targets 6 Wall Street firms: source

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Criminal probe targets 6 Wall Street firms: source

www.reuters.com

Prosecutors are conducting a broad criminal investigation of six major Wall Street banks, including JPMorgan Chase & Co and Citigroup Inc, to determine if they misled investors, a person familiar with the matter said on Thursday.
The others are Deutsche Bank AG, UBS AG, Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs Group Inc, the source said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
The state of New York also has served subpoenas to eight institutions as well for their own investigation.

One troubling thing is the unnamed sources from this piece.

Following the recent charges levied on Goldman Sachs, which is currently being negotiated..

How will these probes go? Much the same way? Will there be prosecution, or will this all be something to make the public think that something is being done, and end up being the normal slap on the wrist with some grandstanding for the cameras. Time will tell.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Ha Ha

If they are found to be guilty of wrong doings.

The worst that will happen is their lunch Money will be removed.

Wall Street is above the law.

Because they bought and paid for the Law.

Sad , but true.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

I tend to agree, and look at it more as political posturing for this November..

Something the incumbents can point to to say "hey, we went after them like you wanted".

There will have to be a few scapegoats though, I don't think they can all get away with the Goldman's agreement to pay a fine with no admission of guilt.

I am interested to see if Cuomo is the one who gets the results.. not expecting too much from the FEDS.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I doubt it, if you think wallstreet has power in DC , that is nothing compared to thier home state of NY.

So i really have no faith in the NY AG getting significant results.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Infuriating political posturing. Somewhat akin to locking the safe after one has been robbed. Our alleged representatives can point fingers and pass unenforceable laws to engender a sense of innocence but 'they' smiled and winked as Bernanke, Geithner an Wall street nodded in approval, looking into the cameras thinking..... ' So What, what are you gonna do about it ? Evil laughter.
Cuomo has political aspirations ( don't they all ) What better way to endear himself with voters then go after the boogymen. To little too late. Best case scenario, feather in his cap. Bad guys get huge fine , half of what they stole.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   

So, the rich are looking into the activities of the obscenely rich.

Yawn.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
The irony is always that its reuters who are owned by the rothchilds, that bring out this news.

The richest family in the world are never on the news, being investigated as they own it, lol.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
The last time someone got close to "looking into" Wall Street "issues" in NY, he lost his job for having consorted with a prostitute. Spitzer, then governor, left quietly under pending charges.

All charges dropped after his resignation.

Sad, sad, sad.

Should tell you something about "Wall Street."

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I don't think that they would do the same to Cuomo, if and it's a big if..

The goal is political posturing for November.. there would have to be sacrificial lambs that they could point to, and Cuomo isn't one of them..

Is he?

new topics

join