It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NPR on BP oil gusher

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
"New data obtained by NPR show that oil gushing out of the Deepwater Horizon pipe on the floor of the Gulf of Mexico is at least 10 times the U.S. Coast Guard's estimate.

The Coast Guard estimated that oil was gushing out at the rate of 5,000 barrels a day following the April 20 BP rig explosion that killed 11 people. But sophisticated scientific analysis of seafloor video made available Wednesday gives a figure closer to 70,000 barrels a day. That's the equivalent of one Exxon Valdez tanker every four days.

The 1989 Exxon Valdez disaster spilled nearly 11 million gallons of oil in Alaska's Prince William Sound"

Now that's peak oil, tragically speaking.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mark_price

I think a lot of us on ATS believed the "Spew" to be more severe than
was first reported.

Could you provide a link to this story sir.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Mark my words, even if it was spilling 100.000 bbl a day there would still be people calling it no big deal.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

I know, right?

I talk to people everyday who are brushing it off lightly, as if it's no big deal. All because they're not seeing the oil soaked birds and coastline on the MSM yet.

Well, sadly that will be any day now. I think the problem these people have is that they deep inside know that this is going to be a major catastrophe, and they would rather walk around all day oblivious in the fluoride-induced dream they call life.

We're "gloomers" eh? Call us realist.

Peace.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I'm not trying to turn this into a religious thread, but I did find this rather interesting...

From Revelation 3:

To the Church in Philadelphia
7."To the angel of the church in Philadelphia write: These are the words of him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David. What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open.
8. I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name.
9. I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars—I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you.
10. Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth.
11. I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown.
12. Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on him my new name.
13. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

Of particular interest, verse 8 and 9. Now I'm not claiming to be a biblical scholar by any means, but I just found this to be a very interesting coincidence.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by Survivorman]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
no big deal? this is a huge deal! it will ruin one of the most unique ecosystems we have on this planet!
take a look at the latest satellite pic from NASA.

new topics

top topics

join