It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Joe Legal” and “Jose Illegal”

page: 26
<< 23  24  25   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I met and married a Mexican man when I was 16 and he was near 20. I was very innocent, and although he rapped me I thought he loved me. Having been raised by a single non-loving Mother and no male influence I knew nothing about men.
I was soon pregnant and became a mother. I tried to be a good Mother and wife, I strove to understand my now ex-husband and his family and to love them, I had never before met a Mexican before my husband, I feel that I may have a very unique view of Mexicans in the US in some ways.
I had several problems with my in-laws that are rarely discussed as far as I have read.
#1 All of my brother and sister-inlaws worked for pay under the table the ones here legally did that and also received welfare...one had 13 kids. They received a 4 bedroom house that they paid somewhere around $50.00 a month for by the gov. the house was already rented to them before the family with 13 kids even left Mexico...they did come legally nearly everyone in this nice new housing project with huge yards was Mexican and all the ones we knew had illegals living with them.

#2 All of my in-laws became angry if I insinuated they were Americans, they constantly told me "this is not my country...Mexico is my country" and all had Mexican flags in their homes and or cars. They constantly insulted "Gringos" and when i tried to learn Spanish never helped but made fun of me. THEY never spoke English.

# 3 Text, all my in-laws said they would never fight for the country that was feeding and caring for them like their own did not. They assured me that they would leave to Mexico if a war started and a draft happened. During the Vietnam war while my brother fought they left, all but my ex-husband who was turned away from the army for health reasons

#4 Very strange...one of my brother-inlaws who was always in trouble with the law and seldom worked but loaned his SS number to illegals, one day made some remarks to some "gringos' and started a fight...one of them shot at him while he was yelling names at them from up on a bridge. he was shot in the head, got free medical care and recovered all but a weakness to the right arm, for this he received Disability, he immediately moved to Mexico and his disability check from the US was sent to him there year after year where he was able to live very well on it like a wealthy man.

The sad thing is their children raised here in our schools really ARE Americans, deport the illegal parents and the children do what? Some of them don't even speak Spanish and by second generation my nephews and nieces children did not even like Mexico when they were forced to go visit.
I was taken to their hometown in Mexico for 10 horrific days once! There was still no running water in 1976 except a handful of places, the hill across from my inlaws house was covered in human feces and toilet paper, I was told basically it was the town bathroom. Behind my inlaws house running through the town was a stream..open sewer ditch for the few with running water. Only a few people who had returned from the USA had cars so ours was a head turner. It was a trip to hell!!Yet they would not even show the slightest appreciation for the country that had actually made them wealthy back there in Mexico, they had servants to buy and prepare food to do laundry and cleaning all from welfare here.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Having run a large agriculture operation with my ex-husband who was Mexican, I can tell you that almost all illigal aliens have shared, stolen or fake ss numbers. They can pick and choose when they want to live above or below the legal bounds.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

S&F. I fully understand and am outraged by truth in your OP. It angers me greatly but the truth is the people at fault here are not any particular ethnic group at all. It's our wonderous corpratist, unrepresentative government. We must get these people out of office at any cost if we want to have any chance of salvaging our once great republic.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Thanks for sharing your story. People need to be aware about what is happening. For illegals to play the system like they do is just wrong.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
reply to post by jfj123

something that is "draining your finances and resources" is warmongering and the industry the u.s of A has created around it,

what was spent in the first year of iraq war could have just aswell been spent on internal infrastructure , such as schools and boarders and job programs, you d probobly even have an excess of 3 million dollars per u.s citizen just laying around for no one to spend because every one is so happy within,

Interesting points that are not really relavent to this discussion.
Also I noticed you didn't answer my question as to what you'd do ??? A or B ???

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Great post !!!
Thank you for sharing that with us !!!
STARRED

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Do you have any idea of what you are talking about?
you just need to think a little bit ahead, just like the other guy said it is fault from USA companies which establish branches on cheap countries thanks to USA monetary system and political affairs.
Before making an analysis like yours you should go to the root of the problem, and it is inside our lovely federal reserve bank.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu

Meanwhile.. according to Iraqi law US troops are armed illegal aliens, criminals, who stormed across the border disrespecting Iraqi laws leaving about 1 million DEAD.. these troop illegals don't speak the language or even try to assimilate to local culture, and the freaking nerve of un-invited troop aliens, freak'n foreigners expecting local Iraqis to speak English or be wasted at a freedom check-point!.. and what-about all those US sponsored contractor illegal aliens taking jobs away from Iraqis who desperately need the work!!

Surely every American sick & tired of scoff-law illegals who show up uninvited and crap everywhere can relate to Iraqis.

Wow, never thought of it like that.
Absolutely loved your post!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by kurtos
Do you have any idea of what you are talking about?
you just need to think a little bit ahead, just like the other guy said it is fault from USA companies which establish branches on cheap countries thanks to USA monetary system and political affairs.
Before making an analysis like yours you should go to the root of the problem, and it is inside our lovely federal reserve bank.

I don't know but ASSUME you're talking to me ???

In any case, do you blame the person who breaks into your home or you the homeowner for not using enough locks on your doors and windows ?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
You hit the nail on the head STAR and FLAG! The point wasnt to be rascist it was simply come to this country the right way get your papers and pay your part so everyone else dosnt have too. If your here without papers then you deserve to go back to where ever you came from and try again! The whole socio-economic thing is bs if you can pay someone to sneek you in then why cant you afford to get a green card or visa and so what if you get asked to prove it you should be proud to show it off if you really want to be here in the US.. Just get over it and do the right thing!!!!!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I find myself a bit conflicted regarding the Illegal Immigrant problem:

I agree that having people using resources and systems that they have not paid for is a large drain on the TAX PAYER.

I also agree that blaming people for trying to get a better life is short sighted; put yourself in thier shoes. I imagine you would do almost anything to keep your children alive. Please note : ALIVE!

Look at the people living in garbage shacks outside of Mexico city, and then envision your little one living in that. These people come to America out of DESPERATION!

I must point out a fact that will be unpopular: Capitalism and the Unrestricted Marketplace create an environment that rewards the pathological. The mindset is "Profit at any cost".

This in turn leads unscrupulous individuals to go overseas to lands that haven't had the luxury of a system of laws protecting personal freedoms; and set up factories that do not conform to the safety regulations which exist in America.

Every safety law adhered to means extra costs.

In this regard there are two possible fixes for the Illegal problem:

1) Exert Pressure to ensure the Global Application of safety and humanitarian rules.

or

2) Give up those same rules and protections yourself.

The Developed World has been living higher on the hog than is sustainable. We get cheap goods, others get cheap lives. Start paying more for goods (from reputable companies) , the foreign worker has a better life and doesn't NEED to leave the land of his birth.

Again put yourself in thier shoes: What would it feel like to be forced out of America in order to gain the basics for your family?

By the way; I am a Canadian. I love my country and don't want it spoiled either. I am also a Terran: I want my whole planet to be a happy healthy place, not just pieces of it.

one final thought: We have it within ourselves to either raise another up or cast them down. Even a kind word raises the mood of the world.

Shine your light people!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FileZero

I understand your duality on this issue. It's a messy one, and lest you have an agenda you can't pick a side without feeling for the other - just means you're a good person, nothing more.

Honestly, I fall on the AZ side of the issue because I both recognize that left unchecked, rampant migration of illegals will destroy the very opportunities they come here for, and I also realize that trying to please both sides of an issue this divisive means nothing gets accomplished.

I understand why illegals come here. Their country's government is so inept and corrupt that to them, leaving is a better option than staying. I also know that the people of the U.S. aren't responsible for that, and have an obligation first and foremost to take care of one another before they take care of anyone else - especially now when the prospects for our own future seem so bleak.

And with that, I await the you're a racist/Americans are selfish/this wasn't your land to begin with lobby groups to lay into me

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   

I'm all for helping others and it's heart breaking to see people living like that in mexico and all over the world so I understand how you feel. That being said, you must take care of your own family before taking care of others families. It's a hard decision to make to say you must go home so my own family can eat, get health care, have shelter, etc.. but that is reality at the moment. Hopefully one day...sooner then later...we won't need to make those tough decisions.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

I'm all for helping others and it's heart breaking to see people living like that in mexico and all over the world so I understand how you feel. That being said, you must take care of your own family before taking care of others families. It's a hard decision to make to say you must go home so my own family can eat, get health care, have shelter, etc.. but that is reality at the moment. Hopefully one day...sooner then later...we won't need to make those tough decisions.

Exactly! It isn't that American citizens are without compassion. We have a great deal of compassion, but we have families too. If illegals replace us in he job market, how will we survive?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

to me that a and b riddle is a trick question in it self ,

something that has to be clearifyed is

if your not a citizen you cant get / take the benefits citizents are eligble for so its pretty hard to steal something which is backedup by your ssn,
so the one´s that are doing the stealing is the one´s who give it to them , "they" are just enjoying the free meal you hand to them ,

so is it stealing ? , hardly

is it draining the economy ? ,

yes but not as much as let say warmongering which probobly made up the national budget by more then 70%

thats 70% of non civil infrastructure !

if you take 1% of that 70% youd still have enough money to build a wailing wall around the u.s , heck what was put on ballistics during the first week of round 2 in iraq could have gone to new school books which in return would have taught the kids what sovereign means and what it takes to keep it that way,

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
2005 spending figures were the latest actual spending that I could find. Anything after 2005 was based on estimated spending figures.
The 2005 figures were:

Defense- 495 Billion

Social Programs relating to Benefits and giveaways- 1.6 Trillion

Broken down by expenditures:
Education- 97 Billion
Healthcare for the poor- 250 Billion
Healthcare for the Elderly- 298 Billion
Unemployment Insurance- 346 Billion
Social Security- 523 Billion
Veterans Benefits- 70 Billion

Social Programs relating to physical provisions- 130 Billion

Broken down by expenditures:
Energy- 400 Million

Housing- 9 Billion
Overall the military budget is about 20 percent of the Federal Budget.

Overall the social services budget is nearing 70 percent of the Federal budget.

Just how much of the Federal Budget do you want spent on giveaways?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
reply to post by jfj123

to me that a and b riddle is a trick question in it self ,

Actually it's a VERY straight forward question.

something that has to be clearifyed is

if your not a citizen you cant get / take the benefits citizents are eligble for so its pretty hard to steal something which is backedup by your ssn,
so the one´s that are doing the stealing is the one´s who give it to them , "they" are just enjoying the free meal you hand to them ,

Just about everything in this statement is wrong. Please educate yourself.
Of course an ILLEGAL can get benefits without being a citizen nor do they need to have ID for example to get medical care.

Haven't you heard of identity theft? It's an epidemic in the US.

Nobody needs to give "them" their SSN for them to STEAL it from them...Try googling IDENTITY THEFT.

so is it stealing ? , hardly

By definition it's stealing !!!
Using anothers SSN is, in of itself ILLEGAL.

is it draining the economy ? ,

Of course it is.

yes but not as much as let say warmongering which probobly made up the national budget by more then 70%

By your logic since assaulting someone is not as bad as killing someone, assaulting someone is alright to do.....Nice logic buddy.

Please educate yourself

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
just wanted to post some new info

with a 28-to-10 vote, the Senate came back Thursday and passed a sweeping measure that would toughen or expand rules that bar illegal immigrants from obtaining public health care, housing, and higher education benefits. It would set up hot lines for anonymous tips about illegal immigrants holding jobs and encourage the state attorney general to consult with the US Justice Department to enlist more state resources to halt illegal immigration.

www.boston.com...

The states are getting fed up !

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
more info about how other countries control their borders.

outside.away.com...

The lush peaks of Iraqi Kurdistan are irresistible to a certain breed of bold backpacker: They're exotic, beautiful, and way off the beaten track. But when three young Americans were arrested by Iranian border guards last July after straying too far down a waterfall trail, the costs of adventure travel got a lot higher. As the hikers languished in their cells, we sent JOSHUA HAMMER to find out how they got into this mess—and what it would take to get them out.

locked in solitary confinement, subjected to frequent interrogations, and, with the exception of a few letters from home and two visits from Swiss diplomats, denied contact with the outside world.

last year on Roxana Saberi, or on Current TV journalists Laura Ling and Euna Lee—who strayed across North Korea's border from China in March 2009 and were sentenced to 12 years' hard labor before being granted amnesty two months later.

Australia
en.wikipedia.org...

Immigration policy has often been controversial - notably during the economic down-turn of the early 1990s when the Policy of mandatory detention of unauthorised immigration arrivals was established by the Australian Labor Party government of Paul Keating in 1992.

In 2006, the Labor Party under Kim Beazley took a stance against the importation of increasingly large numbers of temporary migrant workers ("foreign workers") by employers, arguing that this is simply a way for employers to drive down wages.

asylum seekers who arrive at Christmas Island will still also be detained for health and security checks and will also continue to be processed at Christmas Island.

Deputy Prime Minister Julia Gillard re-affirmed the Rudd Government's commitment to the policy: "We believe mandatory detention is necessary when people arrive unauthorised, for security reasons, in order to do health checks and in order to check identity, and we will continue to have a mandatory detention policy".

So why the big controversy when the US wants to enforce it's border policies?

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25   >>

join