It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Joe Legal” and “Jose Illegal”

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

exactly IF the govt wants it

at least someone got a head on they shoulders!
i been trying to yell what u just said on top of my lungs the entire debate on ats about this!

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010

Originally posted by iSeeKEnlightenment8o5
I agree with both Piddles (I think that's his username) and Antonia.
I know a few illegals too, and they work in the fields picking fruit. They earn minimum wage just like the other legal workers around them. And they most certainly do not live the good life. I feel bad for all of them because here they are trying to support their families here and across the border.

Yep listen to both sides of the arguement their are also those that make 15-20 a hour... Its a fact.

I am listening to both sides. I guess I should clear up one thing: When I said, "they most certainly do not live the good life" I was referring to the illegals that I know. And even if I was referring to all illegals in general, $31,000 is not enough to support a family. It barely gets you by.

The OP says something along the lines of Jose illegal still has $31,000. Well that $31,000 is going to be reduced to Joe legal's because he has to feed himself and his family that's in the US and he has to send whatever money he has left, if any, to where he came from.

FYI: I'm not 30+ years old. So take it easy.
OOOOOOOOHHHHHHH CACHIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!! ;]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

reply to post by antonia

The problem is easily solvable IF ,,, IF the government wanted to solve it.

Fine anyone hiring illegals oodles of money, and when a illegal is turnd in deport them.

Problem solved.

Oh? Really, lol

You think a government that can't even win a war against cave-dwelling terrorists with Ak-47's (which are probably one of the worst weapons ever made for automatic mode, try hitting something with that out of single shot) can solve this problem? Or even wants to for that matter?

Ok let's say you get your wish and tomorrow we gather up all 7 to 20 million of these people with their families and kick em out. Firstly, how in the hell are you gonna pay to move, house and feed those people until you get them over the the border. Furthermore, what make you think Mexico is gonna let you just dump these people off at their border? They are pretty hard-pressed to absorb that many people in a short amount of time. heck, we didn't even absorb them in less than a decade. And how do you expect to pay for all of this? You do realize we are 13 trillion in the hole? We haven't even discussed the economies that will be impacted, what happens to the kids, etc.

If rational thinking makes one a sympathizer, well, I guess I am one. Sorry, I used my head instead of buying into chain e-mails.

link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by SWCCFAN

We need to enforce the Laws on the books and expand the states rights like the new AZ law and make it 10 times harder to be here illegally.

Funny how Americans want the laws enforced only when it is convenient to them.

Come on law abiding Americans, let us enforce all laws on the books.

Florida Laws

* Women may be fined for falling asleep under a hair dryer, as can the salon owner. (Guess they could cook their brains...)
* A special law prohibits unmarried women from parachuting on Sunday or she shall risk arrest, fine, and/or jailing.
* If an elephant is left tied to a parking meter, the parking fee has to be paid just as it would for a vehicle. (Ringling Bros. must have been caught trying to park for free?)
* It is illegal to sing in a public place while attired in a swimsuit.
* Men may not be seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown. (Well sure, it would fall off!)
* Having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal. (Ouch. What spineless legislator thought that one up?)
* It is illegal to skateboard without a license.
* When having sex, only the missionary position is legal. (Not going to touch that one!)

* You may not fart in a public place after 6 P.M. on Thursdays. (So eat your beans and cabbage for breakfast on Thursdays, please. Wait a minute - why just Thursdays?)
* It is considered an offense to shower naked. (For some people, that may be true...)

* You are not allowed to break more than three dishes per day, or chip the edges of more than four cups and/or saucers. (I would certainly hope not in this house!)
* Oral sex is illegal. (No kissing, please!)
* You may not kiss your wife's breasts. (What about women other than your wife?)
* Penalty for horse theft is death by hanging.

sneakykitchen.com...

Which one of this laws not enforced would cost the tax payer billions???

I rest my case

link   
reply to post by daskakik

I could see why someone in Mexico would rather pay $200 to have someone smuggle them across the border.

The going rate is 2500 to 5000 dollars per person.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Is there even any jobs that will last a year, with a payment of cash in hand or off the books so to speak,

nothing to say that job opportunities of this type wouldn't be taken by those who need it and couldn't find work elsewhere, but to earn cash in hand $15 for a temporary position doesn't even come close to having one fulltime at $25.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

reply to post by antonia

The problem is easily solvable IF ,,, IF the government wanted to solve it.

Fine anyone hiring illegals oodles of money, and when a illegal is turnd in deport them.

Problem solved.

Oh? Really, lol

You think a government that can't even win a war against cave-dwelling terrorists with Ak-47's (which are probably one of the worst weapons ever made for automatic mode, try hitting something with that out of single shot) can solve this problem? Or even wants to for that matter?

Ok let's say you get your wish and tomorrow we gather up all 7 to 20 million of these people with their families and kick em out. Firstly, how in the hell are you gonna pay to move, house and feed those people until you get them over the the border. Furthermore, what make you think Mexico is gonna let you just dump these people off at their border? They are pretty hard-pressed to absorb that many people in a short amount of time. heck, we didn't even absorb them in less than a decade. And how do you expect to pay for all of this? You do realize we are 13 trillion in the hole? We haven't even discussed the economies that will be impacted, what happens to the kids, etc.

If rational thinking makes one a sympathizer, well, I guess I am one. Sorry, I used my head instead of buying into chain e-mails.

LOL thats pocket change. You know how we afford it. You know how many billions we spend a month in iraq?

We get our troops home and stop policing the world and going into wars we need not be in. Stop spending that war money and use it for real issues here in the states that effect us.

If we can spend billions in iraq we can spend it here.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by ker2010]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

I rest my case

Go and take some math classes and you will see how enforcing all the laws on the books could run in the billions.

Your comeback is pretty lame.

While your worried about your billions, our government has an opened tab of 13 trillion and counting.

But I am sure that is no concern to you. After all, you simply blame the illegals.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Admire the criticism about this topic. Exceptional

So you are against helping foreigners? It would be nice to be a role model for the world and not be upset about these kinds of things. Its just what happens when you put someone else in charge of your life. Hopefully I inspired some sort of understand.

Thank you for your time

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Great thread. I've never understood why regular Americans are so against kicking illegal immigrants out of the country.

It would be interesting to see an American enter Mexico illegally and see how they're treated there. It's also time to take a look at how most other nations around the world sort out their illegals problem.

in Canada, there was a surge of illegal immigrants from China in the late 90's into British Columbia. One of our former Premiers (himself a LEGAL immigrant) decided enough was enough and put some new laws into place. Now, anyone caught trying to import an illegal is fined $1 million dollars PER ILLEGAL, and the illegal immigrants get interned at a immigration center in WAAAY northern BC, miles from anywhere. Once processed (and from what I understand the processing procedure is made as lengthy as possible), they are sent back to their country of origin, or given refugee status if it is warranted. They are NEVER put on a "path to Citizenship" regardless of their situation. If they "escape" the internment center, they are hundreds of miles from the big city, in a remote area of the country, with few options for travel. They also stand out like a sore thumb as very few Chinese in this part of Canada.

American illegals have had it too lenient for too long, and it's time this changed, on a national basis.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by babybunnies]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

reply to post by ker2010

I rest my case

Go and take some math classes and you will see how enforcing all the laws on the books could run in the billions.

Your comeback is pretty lame.

While your worried about your billions, our government has an opened tab of 13 trillion and counting.

But I am sure that is no concern to you. After all, you simply blame the illegals.

Noone blames the illegals for all the countrys problems. But if you dont think they effect anything look at CA economy.

It be so much nicer if you would just say your for open borders and stop trying to hide it.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

LOL thats pocket change. You know how we afford it. You know how many billions we spend a month in irag?

We get our troops home and stop policing the world and going into wars we need not be in. Stop spending that war money and use it for real issues here in the states that effect us.

Sure, but have you seen this?
en.wikipedia.org...

I'm not sure why people seem to think that if you get rid of illegals all of a sudden these problems go away. No, they don't. You are still broke.

www.usatoday.com...

Now look at this. The Feds admitted they got 9 billion from taxing illegals (was in one of the GAO reports). You think they are going to give that income up considering Social Security is unfundable? There is a dirty open secret for those who understand demographics. White people aren't having kids much anymore. They are the majority, so in truth the taxpayer base would shrink. In fact, for awhile people thought population would actually drop. There needed to be an influx of young workers to support those retiring. Illegal influx...hmmm...i wonder.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by antonia]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Bravo! Too bad none of the pro illegal immigration types will understand any of it...

I imagine if you were to spend all your time licking the boots of all the Non-White peoples in the United States because you somehow feel guilty about the success of the Caucasian race, you wouldn't have time to look up and see any of the counter productive activity's they are engaging en-mass!

Dark Side Of Illegal Immigration

•In Los Angeles, 95% of some 1,500 outstanding warrants for homicides are for illegal aliens. About 67% of the 17,000 outstanding fugitive felony warrants are for illegal aliens.

What they fail to realize is that they are wrapping a noose around their own neck while walking off cliff condemning everyone else that gets it for being racist.

Either that or they don't earn enough money to pay any significant taxes and receive welfare themselves...

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

LOL thats pocket change. You know how we afford it. You know how many billions we spend a month in irag?

Sure, but have you seen this?
en.wikipedia.org...

I'm not sure why people seem to think that if you get rid of illegals all of a sudden these problems go away. No, they don't. You are still broke.

www.usatoday.com...

Now look at this. The Feds admitted they got 9 billion from taxing illegals (was in one of the GAO reports). You think they are going to give that income up considering Social Security is unfundable? There is a dirty open secret for those who understand demographics. White people aren't having kids much anymore. They are the majority, so in truth the taxpayer base would shrink. In fact, for awhile people thought population would actually drop. There needed to be an influx of young workers to support those retiring. Illegal influx...hmmm...i wonder.

You said earlier you think we are already overpopulated. OK how populated do you think we will be by 2050 if we do not fix the problem>?

Their may be no easy solution but one must be made. If not for us for our kids future and well being.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

The going rate is 2500 to 5000 dollars per person.

I know that from central america the going rate is $5,000 to $7,000 but I remember reading somewhere that if you are already at a border town and just need help to "hop over" it can be had for around $200 but it could have been a typo.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Well as i've said in another thread I have come here legally from Europe.And i am against any type of illegal immigration due to a multitude of issues:

1) It took me nearly 2 years to get here and 5 to become citizen. Other than little money paid on forms , the plane tickets and a little bit more money for the citizenship process which should be no problem since you had time to get that money in 5 years. I did not come from a rich country and the possibilities there are limited , therefore if i did it i am sure at least 70 percent of the current illegal immigrants could do it as well.

2) I do not see a country as business as most of the illegal immigrants do. They go in a country, don't contribute with anything towards that country, take anything they can take and then send the majority of the income back to their original country. If you want to do that become legal , get taxed and then you can do whatever you wish with your money.

3) Before i came here i busted my ass to learn English . When i came here i did not expect anyone to understand anything i said if it was not English. However, the vast majority of the illegals do NOT know and do not bother learning the language at least at a basic level. Again if i did it on my own, they can do it themselves as well ESPECIALLY since they are here and it's spoken all over the place. And YET the ignorance goes even further , encountering cases in which i am EXPECTED, yes expected and receive complaints regarding how i do not understand their language in U.S.A. Other than the everyday cases with rolled eyes and refusal to speak english a more recent case regarding my mother which is a teacher, where a parent tried complaining to the principal about how my mother could not understand spanish , her being a math teacher

4) Another point is regarding the constitution. What is so hard to comprehend that what they are doing is actually ILLEGAL. If i bring the constitution in any type of argument , i receive responses such as well it's been messed up already so nevermind it. Oh yes , mess with it even more. Today that is the law , if you have anything to say or feel as if they should be accepted as legals go and protest. Or do something about it, if not then the constitution and the laws present in it are current and applicable.

5)The racism issue. Somehow if you are against people coming illegally you must be a racist! Yes!!Come on. Coming from Europe I dare you do this. Try going illegally in any country conquered by the Roman Empire and then claim that they can't , shouldn't kick you out or any other measure they would try to use upon you, because it was in fact your ancestors land 2000 years ago.

I have always said this. They should make an experiment , give them work passes and tax them, make them pay everything everyone else pays. I bet you 80 percent of them would go back where they came from.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

But if you dont think they effect anything look at CA economy.

Yep, let's look at Cali.

Tell me something Mr. I rest my case, out of all the benefits you say illegals take advantage of, which one of those benefits were signed into law by illegals?

You fail to see that illegals aren't destroying the economy, it is the legislatures.

Last time I checked, there were no illegals telling banks to loan money to people who couldn't afford the lifestyle they were living on.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Niccawhois
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Bravo! Too bad none of the pro illegal immigration types will understand any of it...

I imagine if you were to spend all your time licking the boots of all the Non-White peoples in the United States because you somehow feel guilty about the success of the Caucasian race, you wouldn't have time to look up and see any of the counter productive activity's they are engaging en-mass!

Dark Side Of Illegal Immigration

•In Los Angeles, 95% of some 1,500 outstanding warrants for homicides are for illegal aliens. About 67% of the 17,000 outstanding fugitive felony warrants are for illegal aliens.

What they fail to realize is that they are wrapping a noose around their own neck while walking off cliff condemning everyone else that gets it for being racist.

Either that or they don't earn enough money to pay any significant taxes and receive welfare themselves...

What is sad is they are not thinking of their kids future if this problem is not fixed. They will be dead while their kid is in a country with a billion plus people havng to learn spanish and not being able find a job. I guess they dont care.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

legislatures yep, the ones who are not enforcing the laws.

If all illegals disappeared tomm would this country be perfect.?

Hell no but it would be one less issue to deal with.

Make your stance known. Do you want open borders or not.?

Just so we are clear.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

You said earlier you think we are already overpopulated. OK how populated do you think we will be by 2050 if we do not fix the problem>?

I said, I THINK, not the government thinks. I'm telling you what they are doing. I'm telling you why they are probably allowing this. It has nothing to do with how I feel the problem should be solved. Don't get it twisted,

Their may be no easy solution but one must be made. If not for us for our kids future and well being.

Well, my solution is pretty hairy and you wouldn't accept it. In fact, most wouldn't accept it. It involves a moratorium on Social Security, ending all wars and massive welfare reform. As for policing the border-forget it. There's no way to police it without wasting massive resources. Reform immigration law to reduce the amount people must pay to immigrate legally, offer English classes at many times throughout the day in communities and make it a requirement for all who wish to immigrate. All kids born here should be allowed to stay here but their parents must take citizenship/English classes. Legalize and regulate all natural drugs. Fine all companies who break the law by hiring illegals as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join