It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Joe Legal” and “Jose Illegal”

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

i agree with you right there. the problem is so deep so complex, that illegal immigration is just one of the "flowers." its all tied in together, from illegal immigration to laws, lawyers, politics, from politics via obama bridge we go to celebrities, hollywood, from there huge corporations, brands, then money, markets, via money we can go to criminals, drugs, then loop back to borders laws etc etc you get the point. its all tied in together, one affecting the other directly or indirectly. each one being controlled from the top by invisible behind scene corrupt crooked deals. everything is set in place, controlled experiment, and we're like mice in a maze. the illegal imgrant is like a mice in a maze. he can only go a certain way that the maze goes. he finds the exit, and it is in texas/arizona/california. also we're all mice.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ponyboyats

Does that bring a whole new meaning to the saying, "don't drink the koolaid"? LOL.

Or is it, let's give everybody who makes it through the door a free glass? It's so hard to tell these days. Whatever happened to breaking the law, getting caught, and getting punished? The wild west was so much better, you stole a horse, you hang. There are still countries that cut off fingers and hands for stealing. Perhaps it's just time for the USA to try some more stringent tactics.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I'll assume you were making a general statement not directly aimed at me.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
but you forgot "Shanika Welfare"

free food
free rent
free medical
free school
stipend for each baby$$$
extra stipend for no baby daddy$$$

life is great!

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalpr
let's say both Joe Legal and Jose Illegal work "under the table"...make the math again.

you'll see that there's not much difference.

There is a difference. If you work under the table and have and SSN You owe the IRS.

You have to pay bills and some of those bills will put you on the radar.

The illegal with no SSN can't be tracked as easily as an American Citizen.

'Maybe we would all be better off being illegal'

link   
reply to post by Johnze

My family actually matches those statistics. No coc aine addiction.

link   
reply to post by Dephyle

ok, dude try to get in with that much money. try to bring someone to this country with $700 legally. im sorry did you ever have experience of coming to this country legally from another country? no? i have. so dont tell me this bs.

with $700 you'll get a application and when you fill it out you'll get DENIED

[edit on 13-5-2010 by ponyboyats]

link   
reply to post by Johnze

I fail to see how this posting is racist?

No where in it do i see anything related to race.

for all we know joe legal could of been a legal mexican immigrant, and joe illegal could of been an illegal irish immigrant.

I love when these people try and play the racist card,,, it doesnt really stand up to logic as this isnt a topic about racism

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by The Broadcaste

I agree, how could you get welfare and food stamps not being a proven U.S citizen. Also, wouldn't Joe Legal get his taxes back? What about the "government lunches"? How would the government do that? I can guarantee if a man called the cops and didn't have proof of identification when they asked, he would be detained until it could be proven. Just food for thought. I might be wrong though. ha.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by The Broadcaste

How do people get medical treatment if they have no insurance? I thought the big healthcare problem was that so many people didn't have coverage. I was under the impression that if you went to the hospital without coverage they told you "sorry, we can't help you."

Hospitals are required to treat or stabilize a patient regardless of insurance. This doesn't mean they have to run a series of expensive tests.

Your calculations involve several places where the illegal persons can get government services, but why don't they need to show ID for these? Or are they using fake ID? Surely your ever watchful government has a database.

Government writes the laws as to who qualifies. If an illegal is receiving food stamps, it is because government approved it. There are fraud divisions who investigate people receiving government services.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I'm not telling you bs. I'm telling you what it says on the United States Citizen and Immigration Services website.

www.uscis.gov... 9b2149e7df110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD

And, no, I am in fact a natural born citizen and I'm aware it's not as cut and dry as filling out a form and waiting for your green card in the mail. However, if it costs upwards of $100k, you're doing something wrong.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by metalpr

let's say both Joe Legal and Jose Illegal work "under the table"...make the math again.

Come on, you know Americans are law abiding.

Surely, we wouldn't try to cheat Uncle Sam.

Judges sending kids to jail for money??
can we call it "under the table" income?

I'm sure they report that money on their income taxes

A respectful for the law person like a Judge would never cheat on Uncle Sam

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
obvious troll thread is obvious

these figures are pretty generous for Jose Illegal, makes me question whether or not this is biased, however upon further examination, it doesn't even matter because what kind of idiot posts a chain e-mail with no source as a topic?

HEY OP PASS DIS 2 10 PEOPLE N ALL UR DREAMZ WILL COME TRU, IF U DONT ULL DIE TRU STORY

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Okay, well, then enlighten me from my ignorance? What would be the reason for denial, and, how could your costs accrue at such a dramatic rate?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!!!!

And where were you when that happened 20 years ago?

I bet that you were conveniently quiet since having someone to clean your bathroom for peanuts was better than cleaning it your self or paying another legal (american or not) the same amount of money you do.

This isn't a new problem you know. People are only complaining because only now they are missing the crappy jobs that were given to the illegals.

Or will you tell me that we have illegals that barely speak any English working at top notch companies making real money on reasonable positions.

The original post is simply a display of plain ignorance. It looks at a complex subject by the most primary aspect without taking into consideration a whole lot of things.

Anyways... just blame it on Mexicans, illegals or on Obama. After all it's way easier than looking at the real issues and accepting that you're also part of the problem.

link   
reply to post by piddles

Lawl. Point taken haha

link   
reply to post by maxweljames

what happened? if you follow my posts, then its all related and works kinda like this. big corp makes big money off illegals, they pay off politicians to keep the laws lax on imigrations so they can make more profits. if your govt wanted illegal problem solved, they'd simply make and enforce laws that punish those who hire the illegals., that would stop the flow of illegals because they wont be able to get jobs. but its been set up the way it is long time ago and now this problem has no such solution. even if you start enforcing those laws now, there are already too many illegals to deport everyone. the paper work and physical deportation would cost too much. would create all kindsa problems. besides, they're paid off to not have such laws and to not enforce it by corps that make money off illegal labor. its all tied in u see?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Dephyle

i said 10's of Ks. thats how much it cost us. i said if you want it "fast tracked" you can pay 100K or more and get it "fast tracked" thru a good lawyer. and yes it can cost that much if u want green card in 6 mo

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by piddles
obvious troll thread is obvious

these figures are pretty generous for Jose Illegal, makes me question whether or not this is biased, however upon further examination, it doesn't even matter because what kind of idiot posts a chain e-mail with no source as a topic?

HEY OP PASS DIS 2 10 PEOPLE N ALL UR DREAMZ WILL COME TRU, IF U DONT ULL DIE TRU STORY

Are you really that uninformed?

There have been Illegals here in MS rebuilding after Katrina making good money. Just the other day it was discoverd that one of the Contractors putting out the spill boom to protect the MS Gulf coast has illegals working for them right now. They are making more than I am before taxes.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Ah. I misread then, it seems. I'm just wondering where the 10k went. More detailed background reports or something of the like?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join