It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Joe Legal” and “Jose Illegal”

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+73 more 
posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

You have two families: “Joe Legal” and “Jose Illegal”.
Both families have two parents, two children, and live in California .

Joe Legal works in construction, has a Social Security Number and makes
$25.00 per hour with taxes deducted (Edit: Before Taxes).

Jose Illegal also works in construction, has NO Social Security Number, and
gets paid $15.00 cash “under the table”.

Ready? Now pay attention…

Joe Legal: $25.00 per hour x 40 hours = $1000.00 per week, or $52,000.00
per year. Now take 30% away for state and federal tax; Joe Legal now has
$31,231.00.

Jose Illegal: $15.00 per hour x 40 hours = $600.00 per week, or $31,200.0 0
per year. Jose Illegal pays no taxes. Jose Illegal now has
$31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays medical and dental insurance with limited coverage for his
family at $600.00 per month, or $7,200.00 per year. Joe Legal now
has $24,031.00.

Jose Illegal has full medical and dental coverage through the state and
local clinics at a cost of $0.00 per year. Jose Illegal still has
$31,200.00.

Joe Legal makes too much money and is not eligible for food stamps or
welfare. Joe Legal pays $500.00 per month for food, or $6,000.00 per
year.. Joe Legal now has $18,031.00.

Jose Illegal has no documented income and is eligible for food stamps and
welfare. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays rent of $1,200.00 per month, or $14,400.00 per year. Joe
Legal now has $9,631 .00.

Jose Illegal receives a $500.00 per month federal rent subsidy. Jose
Illegal pays out that $500.00 per month, or $6,000.00 per year. Jose
Illegal still has $ 31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays $200.00 per month, or $2,400.00 for insurance. Joe Legal now
has $7,231.00.

Jose Illegal says, “We don’t need no stinkin’ insurance!” and still has
$31,200.00.

Joe Legal has to make his $7,231.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline,
etc.

Jose Illegal has to make his $31,200.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline,
and what he sends out of the country every month..

Joe Legal now works overtime on Saturdays or gets a part time job after
work.

Jose Illegal has nights and weekends off to enjoy with his family.

Joe Legal’s and Jose Illegal’s children both attend the same school. Joe
Legal pays for his children’s lunches while Jose Illegal’s children get
a government sponsored lunch. Jose Illegal’s children have an after school
ESL program. Joe Legal’s children go home.

Joe Legal and Jose Illegal both enjoy the same police and fire services,
but Joe paid for them and Jose did not pay.

Do you get it, now?

If you vote for or support any politician that supports illegal aliens…

You are part of the problem!

Credit goes to Kj for the breakdown.

When Will Other States Pass Legeslation like AZ?

They are here to take over our towns. We must stop this Illegal Invasion. ENFORCE THE LAW FEDS!

[edit on 13-5-2010 by SWCCFAN]

+9 more 
posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Not jose illegals problem joe legal is too stupid to work the system to his advantage. I mean he pays 1200 dollar a month for "rent" LOL and spends 50 dollars a week on food???, is this guy got some sort of serious coc aine habbit your not telling us about?

Yay for the freedom to be racist by the way.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
very good thread! But if you want to blame someone for them coming over here blame big corporations. they come over to the U.S.A because conditions in their country are so bad, and there not here to "take over our towns." There here to make a living and feed their families. Like I said do not blame them, blame big bushiness in the U.S.A for moving to Mexico so they don't have to pay their employees minimum wage!

+21 more 
posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Does ATS really need to be the place to clutter with chain emails.

I'm going to have to ask you for proof of every single claim you just copy/pasted there.

Go ahead...I'll be waiting.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

very good thread! But if you want to blame someone for them coming over here blame big corporations. they come over to the U.S.A because conditions in their country are so bad, and there not here to "take over our towns." There here to make a living and feed their families. Like I said do not blame them, blame big bushiness in the U.S.A for moving to Mexico so they don't have to pay their employees minimum wage!

Exactly, thank # someone understands how to look at the big picture.

Maybe joe legal should head on down to Mexico open up a few sweat shops and pay good old 8 year old jose 5 cents a day to make a 100 dollar pair of trainers and pocket all the proffit as every penny is transferd to an invisible off shore account????

+2 more 
posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

Joe pays $500/Mo for food which breaks down to 125/wk and depending on the state he lives in he may pay sales taxes on his food where Jose does not. Food Stamps are tax exempt.

For example MS charges 7% sales tax Some cities tack on their own tax lets say 2%. So The both spen $500 on food but Joe's Money only buys $455 worth due to taxes.

+46 more 
posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Oh but jose illegal has more rights than we Americans have. They are poor mistreated individuals who we Americans need to feel sorry for because they come from a country with corrupt government. They have every right to come and take our jobs and drain our welfare system. (Sarcasm!)

Seriously it makes me so f***ing sick and angry it's hard to stay sane. No I'm not racist so dont even play that bull**it RACE CARD with me! I'm an AMERICAN that is tired of all the crap!!!

+30 more 
posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Can you dis-prove the Claims? Its hard to prove exactly how much Illegals drain the system. They are Un-Documented after all.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

my question is was anyone cussing and crying when George Bush was in office, so wipe your tears this has been going on before Obama was in office.

+34 more 
posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

I like how the truth is now racist. I like how it is a good thing to screw over the system, that you don't even belong too. The Tax Payers have to float the bill, So I take it you like too cheat the system, and consider everyone who play's buy the rules as Idiots. Hats off to you, attitudes like that is why America is going down the Hell.

+3 more 
posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

Well if that makes you mad ponder this: The US Government grants Constitonal rights to Terrorist and wants to ensure they have a fair trial. While if you are a Conservative Gun Toting Patriotic American Citizen they want to strip you of those same rights you were born with.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by numismatic

This nation has been on a downward spiral since 1860 when the southern states walked out of congress. Which forced the remaining northern states to violate the Constitution by holding congress and passing legeslaton with out the southern states being represented in congress. Congress should have waited until Secession took place to reconvine.

We have tons of problems in this country Illegals are only 1 part.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Ummm the fact is, it is racism, its either that or people are basicaly just to stupid to comprehend why this sort of mass immigration happens. Not taking the time to understand why its happening just lends one to point the finger at the most obvious, and blame them.

THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!!!!

I seem to remember a South Park explaining how retarded these types of arguements are. If your either too lazy or too stupid to bother researching the subject other than what you see on main stream media drivel, meh up to yourself your just gonna come across as a racist/xenophobic douche.

The US Government grants Constitonal rights to Terrorist and wants to ensure they have a fair trial

It grants constitutional rights to the terrorists that happen to be in its employ, such as the legion of anti castro terrorists it harbour. You will find "terrorists" with the misfortune off being the middle east do not have such rights, your government does not and never will grant them such rights unless pressured by people who believe kidnapping and torture is probably a bad thing.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Yea, I have read up on that. I keep up with everything going on inside the country that I am slowly not recognizing anymore. We need Redcoats like they have in Thailand. They are protesting a corrupt government. Our government and our System is becoming more and more corrupt everyday. If you complain, you are called a Racist.

Wish I could become a Mexican, then I could come here and live the good life that I used to live before we were over run by the damn illegals!!

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
That scenario illustrates a big part of the problem with an open border and no enforcement of immigration laws.
You have to conclude it is by design, to impoverish us all.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Can you dis-prove the Claims? Its hard to prove exactly how much Illegals drain the system. They are Un-Documented after all.

Sorry...it doesn't work like that.

You make the claim YOU back it up with proof.

You don't just make a random claim and tell others to disprove it.

[snip]

The choice is yours.

Edited uncivil remark

[edit on 14/5/10 by masqua]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

Yes, want to know why its allowed?, because the laws the government will introduce to solve the problem will then in turn be used against the nationals who protested and demanded these laws in the first place.

I realy just cant see how retarded people can be to actualy blame an entire ethnic group of people doing nothing but trying to make a better life for them selves rather than blaming the actual authorities who allow it to happen, madness.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

I think the important issue here is quite simple. Illegals get to keep the fruits of their labor with out a heavy progressive Federal income tax.

Americans did too before 1913 and the country was not in debt like it is today.

The Federal Income tax pays the Intrest on the Dollars that the treasury prints, and the Federal Reserve Loans back to Goverment with intrest.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I greatly appreciate your bluntness.

Sadly, some people need to see it in these terms.

You put it the way it is..........thanks

+2 more 
posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

being the genius you are, I'm sure... I don't belive you really got the point of that South Park Episode, The Point Was we can't let everybody come over here, or It well turn just as cruddy as where they left.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join