It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the American Flag Be Banned -- in America?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
You guys may be jumping the gun on this one. Consider the facts:

"Flag" rhymed with "fag". That's right. The concept of a flag is only part of the homosexual agenda. They want to weaken our children and make them all into homosexuals so America can be taken over by more masculine nations such as the germans and australians. Notice that the nations of germany and australia do not have flags. Do you think this is a coincidence? I don't.

Also notice the flag has 50 stars on it. Obama is from Hawaii, which was the 50th "state" to join the union. Most people don't know this but Hawaii is not actually a state but a Kingdom. And this group, separate from the homosexual elite is attempting to enact a Hawaiian regime in the united states.

DOWN WITH THE FLAG. SAVE OUT LIBERTY!

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa
www.foxnews.com...

Apparently FOX News considers the American Flag the “least incendiary” item to ban in order to “protect the children.” They just released a poll debating the merits of banning the American Flag in public schools in order to quell potential race fights.

What country is this? The fact that FOX News would even OFFER “Banning the American Flag…” as a poll choice is beyond logic and reason. But the worst part?

67% are in FAVOR of banning the flag.

www.truthistreason.net...

What is going on that people can be in favor of banning the flag?

No. This is a lame decision. Teach the kids what the flag means, instead of banning it.
Yes. The safety of students comes first.
Not sure, but of all things to ban, the American flag would seem the least 'incendiary.'
Other (post a comment)

Those were the choices given to those taking the poll. What do they mean, "teach the kids what the flag means, instead of banning it"? That's like a totally weird thing to say, as though the flag means something bad.

Ok if any of you thought it was odd that Fox viewers and people who frequent fox's site would think this then you are RIGHT.

This whole ordeal was perpetrated a group of basically internet hooligans who enjoy the art of trolling, which all of you who reacted to and believed this (even the Kevin Haden at Truthisreason.net) were all trolled.

Calm down fox news and its viewers do not think this and it was basically the joke perpetrated by around 200-500 (estimated) people who knew how to skew the results. All of this was started by some hispanic who took offense to some white people showing their American pride during a time where they feel they are being racially profiled.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I agree the flag should be banned, I never really liked it that much.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I agree the flag should be banned, I never really liked it that much.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Are you kidding me!!!!! The news report was more of sarcasm than a practical push.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I'm newer here, but I think you guys are making a perfect case as to why the flag should be banned. The amount of times violence against "flag banners" has been hinted at in this thread is scary.

This is the exact reason that the flag SHOULD be banned. Calling for violence against someone because of an insult to a flag is ridiculous.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ebombstheworld
I'm newer here, but I think you guys are making a perfect case as to why the flag should be banned. The amount of times violence against "flag banners" has been hinted at in this thread is scary.

This is the exact reason that the flag SHOULD be banned. Calling for violence against someone because of an insult to a flag is ridiculous.

And I suppose you think the American flag is just a piece of cloth.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
In tough questions like these I ask, what would Jesus do. I think Jesus would ban the flag to avoid violence. Would u guys go against what jesus would do?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by David Davidson

Ok if any of you thought it was odd that Fox viewers and people who frequent fox's site would think this then you are RIGHT.

This whole ordeal was perpetrated a group of basically internet hooligans who enjoy the art of trolling, which all of you who reacted to and believed this (even the Kevin Haden at Truthisreason.net) were all trolled.

Calm down fox news and its viewers do not think this and it was basically the joke perpetrated by around 200-500 (estimated) people who knew how to skew the results. All of this was started by some hispanic who took offense to some white people showing their American pride during a time where they feel they are being racially profiled.

Not to mention the whole post is worthy of HOAX anyways, because explicit necessarilly important information was left out of the OP, like *why* the poll was there to begin with.

Certain facts and texts were left out of the OP that would have elicited a FAR different response than all the spittle that flew across the monitor today.

And then to be trolled on top of that? lol

Move it to HOAX pls.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
reply to post by Jessicamsa

Ban the flag and we riot.

Seriously?

Ban the flag and you'll riot? So that's what its going to take to get the American people to revolt? Banning the flag? Not the fact that we as individuals have no representation, not the fact that our natural rights are being trampled, not the fact that Fractional Reserve Banking is the biggest ponzi scheme of the century, not the fact that our land was literally pulled-out-from-under-us by a criminal system of usury; not the fact that our republic was stripped down and "reconstructed" into a democracy?

No, none of those things will bring us to revolution, but don't you touch our flag...

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Why in the f*** would you ban the flag because it might start fights? I mean do we not live in America? Red flags are all over the place. Then you here about North Carolina thinking of cutting from 1877 and backward out of history taught.
www.associatedcontent.com...

There are some serious issue's with this type of topic even floating around do you forget Fox news is controlled by the government in the end. Lets run a poll haha O.K.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

And I suppose you think the American flag is just a piece of cloth.

And I suppose you think the Constitution is just a piece of paper.

Seriously there is something horribly wrong with people when an entire Country is obsessed with the concept that freedom=a flag, fireworks, and a national anthem.

That sort of behavior was called Nationalism, and you can thank the romantic period for such sentiments.

I, personally, would be more angry over the fact that these United States are no longer a republic and have been deteriorated to a democracy.

But nooooo, we put more value in superficial symbols.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

Nothing to do with me, we have enough of our own problems here in the UK.
But take a lesson from us.
Don't let them do this.
We are just regaining the English flag, The St. Georges Cross and the flag of The Union, The Union Jack.

The PC brigade had deemed the Union Jack racist and the authorities had tried their best to kill off any expression of English Nationalism whilst hypocritically glorifying in both Scottish and Welsh Nationalism.
Northern Ireland is an area we shall avoid, sorry, but most Americans just don't understand it.

The problem is not your flag, nor indeed the pride you rightly have in it as an expression of your National pride, the problem lies in what others interpret into it and how it is portrayed globally.

The Stars and Stripes is seen as the expression of US global expansionism, exploitation and arrogance.

I certainly don't agree with that, but I do understand how it can be perceived like that.

For a country that is so aware of public relations and how to portray oneself you do a lousy job on the international stage.

Despite having an intense dislke of certain aspects of American life etc and the stereotyped American, (fortunately the vast majority that I have met or spoken to are nothing like the stereotype) I also feel the world is a much better place for the role that you have undertaken and value the relationship our two countries have.

Why you should feel the need to hide or stop using your flag is beyond me.

Do not let the politcally correct, the jealous and the various other do-gooders and self-righteous dictate to you and stop you from expressing any national pride.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
*bangs head on desk*

I cannot believe that people do not read more than the first post before they start making posts!

How long will it be before you realize you were trolled?

This has nothing to do with banning the flag, it was all about that flag flap in that school on Cinco De Maiyo when the kids wore their flag shirts to school.

The OP just left that pertinent part out.

Then, someone tells you chan/4/ skewed the poll.

Come back to reality, people. Seriously.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Actually libertygal I believe it was ebaumsworld.com who perpetrated this hoax.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Well, must admit I never read it all simply because we are so used to this type of bollocks in the UK that it is so believable.

And to think I criticise others for the self same thing.
People in the glass houses and all that!

My bad.

Must try better.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Erh...check yer facts pal! The other countries in your much vaunted 'Union' were robbed of their emblem and had it strapped to that english rag whether they liked it or not!

ENGLISH financial interests encouraged and abbetted the current inflow of immigrants that are so unhappy with yer wee flag!

As it stands now, Im more than happy for you to wave yer wee red cross as your own, as we certainly have the right to display ours....oh wait a minute!
Your national anthem....the racist one that clearly states encouraging the crushing of the scottish race? Nah...stuff yer flag!

Rather not mention Ireland? I can see why off course!

Because the sole causeof the current 'troubles' was Charles II policy of surplanting the indigenouse irish catholic population, with new english and scottish farmers. When it wasnt going too well, the great Oliver Cromwell laid waste to the country, slaughtering men women and children as gods work!

Yer Queens a Kraut.
Yer countries run by the tribe.
Yer being flooded by the rest of countries ye shagged for years.

And you have the audacity to come on here feigning empathy with the USA, who if you remember you also tried to shag till they slapped you back.

Get back in your hole REDCOAT!!!

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

It's that RIGHT to choose that is our most valuable possession in America, it's what the Flag stands for, and it's worth spilling blood to retain that right.

— Doc Velocity

And I agree with you so thanks for expanding and taking it even further.
Very well stated.
Why would anyone ever even consider forfeiting that RIGHT by banning the flag?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by David Davidson
Actually libertygal I believe it was ebaumsworld.com who perpetrated this hoax.

Well, someone made the claim chan/4/, and now we have the claim of ebaumsworld.com

Well, here was an easily googled link:

www.anonboard.com...
Topic: LOL, 4Chan's /b/ managed to bump a FOX News Poll answer voting Yes to ban the American flag from 1% to 49%

Staying strong at 53% for the ban

LOL

the freepers are #&^%@## clueless

Yes. The safety of students comes first. 52.3%

Click the "leave a comment" button and
Read the comments

(reply)

LOL

&^@#&^$ stupid idiot teabaggers

if they vote for banning tampering, then they can't "freep this poll" anymore

they skew polls much more than DU or /b/

and so on.

Looks like it was a click war between some forum boards.

Regardless, the OP still left out important facts.

ETA topic

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Libertygal]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
It's a flag. It is a piece of died cloth used by governments to screw over the peasants. As an American, if I had to identify the biggest problem of America, I would say it is our undying worship of inanimate objects.

Oh voted Yes on that poll because it's on Fox News and because I can.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by zerotime]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join