It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the American Flag Be Banned -- in America?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Apparently FOX News considers the American Flag the “least incendiary” item to ban in order to “protect the children.” They just released a poll debating the merits of banning the American Flag in public schools in order to quell potential race fights.

What country is this? The fact that FOX News would even OFFER “Banning the American Flag…” as a poll choice is beyond logic and reason. But the worst part?

67% are in FAVOR of banning the flag.

www.truthistreason.net...

What is going on that people can be in favor of banning the flag?

No. This is a lame decision. Teach the kids what the flag means, instead of banning it.
Yes. The safety of students comes first.
Not sure, but of all things to ban, the American flag would seem the least 'incendiary.'
Other (post a comment)

Those were the choices given to those taking the poll. What do they mean, "teach the kids what the flag means, instead of banning it"? That's like a totally weird thing to say, as though the flag means something bad.

+18 more 
posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I find this question downright insulting.

What the hell are we teaching our kids
by banning our flag???

We are teaching them to run and hide
and be afraid.

What the hell happened to the old adage

"These colors NEVER run" ???

I will NOT ban the flag no matter what
freakin law the pansies enact to counter it.

This isn't about safety,
this is about American Discrimination !!!!

And I for one will not tolerate it
and if the Mexican's don't like it
they can kiss my @$$.
To hell with them

[edit on 13-5-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

and be afraid.

No, banning the flag is to far.

Time to "lock and load".

[edit on 13-5-2010 by Sean48]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I wonder if that 67% is an accurate percentage?
impoosible aint gunna happen. this is america love it or leave it
salutes*
my theory, is thier are so many cultures here in america. being around latinos, especially form guatemala and venezuela...they all look for some white guy witha job to marry for legal residency, and businesses give them phony social security numbers.
talking time to time, they like it here, but dont really like us at all americans. The reason thier here, si for a better life..the dollar is worth so much more, and much more opportunitys here. SO! they all stay amongst themselves, watching out for eachother, not really caring so much about our laws or culture.
I wonder what nationalitys then, did foxnews talk too? people for INdia will side with eachother, lations will side with eachother, u get the point. IF asking international people about banning the flag, thats not right or fair, as opposed to asking legal, tax paying AMERICAN citizens this question.
just specualtion*

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I don't understand this poll...especially coming from Fox News. Almost all their polls are 90% or more in favor of conservative opinions...I'm guessing someone is manipulating these results.

Either that or the readers at foxnews.com are not understanding the question/responses because it is worded in an odd way.

No...I don't think we should ban the flag...yes...even I think that is a stupid idea.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
If they ban the flag, which is morally wrong, then that goes to show big business suports globaliation for greedy profit reasons, aka corporations. we would have no military then..an interational military yeah, in its place. Without the flag, wede have no borders to guard, or freedom.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

First of all, I would take what Fox puts out with a grain of salt. Second of all, I would ask those 67% of the people, how the flag of any nation would cause problems. It`s only a flag for gods sake. It doesn`t have "this is a one race country" written on it, now does it? This is a country of many races, and the flag stands for all of them, because we all live here together.

So please tell Fox to lay off the trouble making. There`s enough of it in the world the way it is, without them adding to it.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by FiatLux]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

So please tell Fox to lay off the trouble making. there`s enough of it in the world the way it is, without them adding to it.

This is supposed to be the Chosenites' 'harvest' apparently

Sounds as if they're jumping the gun with the 'flag ban'

Or maybe they're just venting because they're furious that Obama's still standing

and double-furious about the UK election results

too bad for the Chosenites, lol

Go fix up your own stolen lands and keep your evil fingers out of sane people's nations

That's not a request, by the way

It's an order

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I find this question downright insulting.

What the hell are we teaching our kids
by banning our flag???

and be afraid.

I will NOT ban the flag no matter what
freakin law the pansies enact to counter it.

This isn't about safety,
this is about American Discrimination !!!!

And I for one will not tolerate it
and if the Mexican's don't like it
they can kiss my @$$.
To hell with them

Count me in with you. As a matter of fact, after reading this thread, I
went out to my outside porch and hung out the flag. I am going to start
putting it out everyday. Especially after yesterday when I saw some
guys driving around town with the mexican flag stuck out of their window.
And no, it wasn't cinco de mayonaise or whatever you call it. It was the
12th of may yesterday.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
What the hell.. and on FOX to boot.

This is OUTRAGEOUS!

Where's all the stars and flags people?

This is what I mean when I say I'll never understand america..
I was just reading the US article on encyclopediadramatica and was thinkin':
"saluting the flag at school every morning.. that's a bit much."

And then I see this.. this poll has got to be rigged, right!?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
If 67% of the people, students or otherwise, want to ban the American flag, there is NO AMERICA.
This should be verified and cleared up. I want to know.
Then, after the understanding that there is no more America, I would want to know what Texans thought about the Texas flag, since I am a Texan (first and foremost by the way).
Me and the boys can clean up Texas, but you other guys have to worry about YOUR own "state"...

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Ask any veteran what they think of this, and see what reponce you get. That`s why I say you have to take this poll with a grain of salt. I think it`s BS anyway. Just something to keep the masses fighting with each other.

Maybe they should run a poll of the veterans, and see if they feel the same way. Lol, makes you wonder, how many black eyes the poll takers would get when they ask this question to the vets?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FiatLux
Ask any veteran what they think of this, and see what reponce you get. That`s why I say you have to take this poll with a grain of salt. I think it`s BS anyway. Just something to keep the masses fighting with each other.

Maybe they should run a poll of the veterans, and see if they feel the same way. Lol, makes you wonder, how many black eyes the poll takers would get when they ask this question to the vets?

I agree with what you said. Let's start a thread asking for veterans to
vote on this flag issue. I will start one, but I will also wait and see what
king of posts we get on this thread first.

I am a Nam vet.66-67-68 and I vote to fly the American flag and I vote to
NEVER ban the flag, no matter what these unamerican creeps believe.
I don't let lice like that tell me what to do on ANY subject. Screw 'em.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by endtimer]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

and be afraid.

No, banning the flag is to far.

Time to "lock and load".

[edit on 13-5-2010 by Sean48]

I dont always agree with you on all things, but this is one time that I totally agree with you. This is America and My line in the sand would be banning Old Glory....

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Send your message to FOX

talking about it in online fora disperses the anger and outrage

which is what they planned should happen

Boycott FOX, for example

that would be more effective that flags and stars in a forum

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

Should the American Flag Be Banned -- in America? Soon that wont be far enough , next will be the banning of American citizens

+4 more 
posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Talk of banning the American Flag is part of the Globalist agenda, a propaganda campaign to demonize national sovereignty and national pride. The Globalist agenda cannot work as long as there is even one sovereign nation in existence.

The USA is merely the most highly visible sovereign nation on the planet, and it is thus under the heaviest attack from those wishing to destroy sovereignty and national pride. When the USA knuckles under and relinquishes its sovereignty to a "one-world government," that's when you'll see the dominoes really start to fall.

Whichever nation is the last sovereign nation will be the target of more propaganda and hate and vitriol than any nation preceding it.

Which is why we must FIGHT globalization and one-world government and one-world economy and one-world law until our dying breaths. One-world mentality means the death of Liberty.

I hope the Anti-Defamation League was listening to that. They can accuse me of inciting more violence.

— Doc Velocity

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I also want to say something about FOX News... Despite the ongoing controversy about FOX's "fair and balanced" format, and despite the fact that the Mainstream Media consistently loses in the ratings war with FOX, we should make no mistake that FOX is an integral part of the Mainstream Media.

Yeah, I said it.

I don't trust FOX News any more than I trust MSNBC or CBS or ABC/Disney or CNN. It's all the same people playing the same game — polarizing the American People, herding us in one direction or the other.

The day the majority of the American people gravitate to FOX News is the day you'd better grab your balls, because all the balls are going to be in one basket. Never let that happen.

We can't let that happen.

— Doc Velocity

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Your right Doc, they are all owned by the money-grubbers, and they all have an active part in the disinfo network. Even if they have to look as though they are against each other, it is all for one reason, just to get everyone to pick one side or the other, so it divides the country.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by FiatLux]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
You ban the flag and you basically shoot yourself in the foot.
The flag stands for freedom, that in itself includes the freedom to wave any other flag.
You ban that freedom and everything else collapses.

Maybe that's the plan?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join