It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are astronauts not allowed to have children?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I agree that gravity used to be weaker, theres a plethora of evidence such as birds that just simply could not fly today as well as geological evidence, dinosaurs built to run and jump exept if you've ever seen an elephant trundle about its a bit hard to imagine one in full gallop like the cave painting depicted the mamoth.

I think growing earth to be the most scientificly reasonable explanation for the gravity increase, a number of researchers with phd's in tectonics and related fields are making a great case for the expansion theory
This guy offers a great intro website www.expanding-earth.org...

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

Yes, I have also researched that theory & it seems very plausible. But, wouldn't something smaller spin faster thus creating more gravity? I'll admit that I'm not the best when it comes to understanding physics, but I do agree that the Earth is a living, breathing entity & all living things do grow. I'll be sure to check out the link you supplied.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Well actually if it spun faster the centripitul force would be greater (the force pushing objects radially away from earth like how when you spin a bucket of water fast it stays in there even when its upside-down). The gravity (attraction) would be less from the reduced mass and the centripitul (repulsion) greater from increased spin resulting in a cummulative effect that would cause significantly less strain on large animals and rock layers etc.

OP, I read something about the reason the chinese were making sure that the astronauts had already had kids was so that it didnt disrupt family planning

The reasoning behind the prerequisite, according to officials, is that spaceflight could potentially harm the women's fertility. "It's out of the consideration of being responsible for the female pilots," Xu Xianrong, director of the PLA's Clinical Aerospace Medicine Center in Beijing and a member of the selection panel, told the official government news agency Xinhua. "Though there is little evidence on how the space experience will affect the female constitution, we have to be extra cautious, because this is a first for China." Ensuring that the female astronauts have already reproduced, he said, will guarantee that their family planning is not disrupted.

Read more: www.time.com...

Since when does china care about family planning? hellooo one child policy, why are they so conscerned about the loss of fertility and inablility to bear offspring all of a sudden?

I suspect they might know how freaky the kids could turn out. Maybe even from past experience, unknown to the public.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

Thanks for the explaination regarding gravity. I understand better now.
Great find on that article about the Chinese being concerned with the female astronauts' fertility problems!

Something is certainly being covered up. You're right about China all of a sudden being concerned with family planning. Something is strange & all we can do is speculate about the real reasons....
I've never heard about the vegetables being malformed, just 10x bigger!

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
reply to post by Afterthought

Sitchen's work is misunderstood. In some of his books it is stated that he made up parts of it or all of it impossible to tell really as he provides no source (The Lost Book of Enki’ ). But now the sumerian lexicon is open to the public and anyone can translate all of it for them selves and sadly nobody has come up with the same stuff.
www.sumerian.org...

[edit on 13-5-2010 by zaiger]

I have read in some parts of it the Templ of Enlil and such did exist. Gold was valuable to the Anunn or aka Anunnaki. I don't know about the 'lost book of enki' the tablet did exist but in fragments. he even stated that he used 800 different sources for that book.

But a lot of people have said some of sitchin's stuff was off but most of his work was correct.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
There are two reasons for me to go to space: to look on Earth and to f..k at weightlessness. There are no other "rational" reasons for me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join