It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mohammad Cartoonist Lars Vilks Headbutted During Lecture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reason.com...

"Lars Vilks, the Swedish cartoonist who drew Mohammed as a dog, was recently told that a scheduled lecture on free speech, to be held at Jönköping Högskolan, would be canceled due to "security concerns." This, of course, is a common evasion, intended to protect the brittle sensibilities of Muslim students while supposedly standing four square behind the right of free speech.

Alas, the administrators in Jönköping had a point. During a lecture in Uppsala today Vilks was attacked by a pack of feral fundamentalists, one of whom managed to headbutt the artist and break his glasses. Police intervened and waged a short battle with the religious nutters who can be heard in the video below, captured by the newspaper UNT, shouting Allahu Akbar! The AP has a quick report, explaining that "Uppsala University spokeswoman Pernilla Bjork said Vilks was showing a provocative film with sexual content to the crowd when the attacker ran up and hit him in the face with his fists."

Let's go to the videotape:"

=====================================================

Unfortunately, it's just a matter of time before some practitioner of the religion of peace murders Lars Vilks...

But, on the bright side, May 20th is Draw Mohammad Day. Over 20k members and counting.

www.facebook.com...

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
what i don't get as always

these religious fanatics always disregard any part of their religion that tells them not to hurt others.

every main religion has this as a main factor in their beliefs.

so religious fanatical in these instances should really be interpreted as non religious follower.

or just plain fanatical. no religious connotations at all just plain nutter,

if they where relay that fanatical about their religion they wouldn't be hurting people in the first place. they would be sticking to their religious beliefs

[edit on 13-5-2010 by jericanman]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
theres 200+ books its says just about everything you can think of to win an argument you just have to spin it the way you want it, its not a religion its a cult designed to take over or destroy everything it gets near. do you not think its strange there only ment to pray in arabic.thats so half its followers just have to listen to the imans and clerics

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Aceofclubs

then again main stream Christians have the bible translated. the baptists and evangelicals just listen to their pastors no matter what poo spills from their mouths.

once saved always saved...

yeh right

its not to different.

unforgivably like with most religions. they will be perverted. by the ones that want it that way.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
It is lucky to be agnostic. Many Christians or Jews are fundamentalists and fanatics also. Especially the fanatic part is very dangerous. Out of mine perspective are organized religions just ideological constructs designed to control people - no intention to harm really religious people here. There are only handful of Christians who really try to fulfill ideas of their believe system. Same can be said about Muslims or any other religion.
Islam is danger for Europe and rest of the World not because Koran is bad book but because current clerics often support the fanatical wing. Idea of holly war was dis proved so many times! Many immigrants sticks with religion because it is safe harbor in midst of unknown and or unfriendly world. It is not my way of life. I always want to explore other cultures, to learn something new. And I always HAVE RESPECT to other ways of life. But I'm (quite well) educated westerner ... Idea of multiculturalism failed. It was appealing idea but proved premature.

new topics

top topics

join