It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High fructose corn syrup...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
HFCS is one of the worst things you could possibly consume. Try to quit drinking that garbage called sodapop for starters, you will cut your intake of the HFCS by fifty percent right there. I avoid this stuff at all costs. All you have to do is cook your own food, using normal ingredients, and stay away from any pre processed crap. Yes, it takes a FEW more minutes to cook real food than to microwave hot pockets or a frozen pizza, but first of all everything tastes approximately a million times better. It's definitely worth the extra time just for that, let alone the health issues. Everyone always wants to stop by my place right around dinnertime because they know we eat like kings all the time over here. I am a big guy, not fat, and I eat a TON of food all the time, so they know there will always be leftovers.

This HFCS scam was started 100 percent as a way to screw over CUBA. Up until the criminal Batista govt, who were in bed with all the crooks in the US govt, robbing their own people blind (sound familiar?), were overthrown, Cuba was the biggest producer of sugar in the world by far. They had a wealthy robust economy for hundreds of years with this as their main, almost ONLY export. Of course, the fat cats were skimming all the profits, and cutting in the more powerful crooks over here, while the people got nothing out of the deal except plenty of near slave wage jobs cutting the sugarcane.

So the main stranglehold that could be put on Cuba was to somehow stop buying the sugar from them. They have been under a complete embargo there for over forty years now, an outright act of war in fact, and somehow they are still toughing it out, but that's another whole thread.

In order to pull this off, TPTB had to come up with a replacement for regular sugar, because subsidizing Big Sugar in Florida just could not produce enough sugar beets to meet the demand. So they came up with HFCS. Better living through chemicals! Now I don't know about the rest of the world, but down here in Mexico they have copied this American idea, even though they have no embargo against Cuba, and have HFCS in everything. You have to read the iingredients of anything you buy in order to avoid it. After awhile you will learn which things DON"T have it , and stick to them.

I buy meat from the butcher, produce at the farmer's market, bread from the baker, and fish right off the fishing boats or catch them myself. No soda, no premade anything, no breakfast cereal, no microwave crap, nothing from a can or bottle. I need to learn how to make my own ketchup and mayonnaise and then I will be totally off it. It takes a little more time, and you don't want to cut into any of your TV time, do ya?

Speaking of microwaves, did you know that the USSR made it completely illegal to use a microwave for food in any way? Yeah, way back in 1973! Betcha never heard THAT one, right? But that is worth another whole thread:

www.relfe.com...

STAY OFF THE HFCS! IT KILLS! QUIT DRINKING SODA FOR STARTERS! It's easy to quit this stuff, even though you ARE addicted to it, and once you do you will feel much better.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Because there is a shortage of sugar and an abundance of GM corn.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curious Stranger
Because there is a shortage of sugar and an abundance of GM corn.

And in similar fashion. The reason sugar is used instad of HFCS in latin american countries is because we have a lot of sugar cane and we use most of our corn to make tortillas. This means there is a surplus of sugar and a shortage of corn.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWOWILLFALL
Can someone please explain to me why something that has potentially devastating long term health effects is in damn near most of our food and flavored drinks??? If you can please do me the favor of looking at the ingredients of your food that you have stored...

It's cheap and I think it was brought about to kill out Cuba's sugar industry.
After drinking 4-5 sodas a day at work I ballooned to over 300lbs. I was feeling really bad. I then stopped drinking sodas for two months and lost over 25lbs. I still have the stretch marks on my stomach to prove it.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by texastig

It's not only soda it's nearly everything....Congrats on the weight loss though

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Just trying to get this to the first page because this is very important....Needs to be looked at...Maybe everyone will start to see.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
oh cr@p
its in soda pop too

Im addicted to the stuff
can I sue somebody ???

They cost a little bit more but Boylan Cane Soda bottle in New Jersey and available through specialty stores or places like Amazon is delicious and is made with all natural ingredients.

Red Rock Soda is bottled in Atlanta Georgia and is made the same way and goes for about the same price.

Coca Cola bottled in Mexico is made with Cane Sugar also and most Latin Grocery Stores carry it, and it can also be purchased through Amazon.

GUS (Grown Up Soda) is even more sophisticated using real cola nut extract, cane sugar, and naturally sparkling spring water. You are starting to get very pricey though with GUS.

Yet if you have money to burn, Curiousity Soda is made entirely from botanically grown green house ingredients, using only the finest all organic natural ingredients.

Soda lovers do have options!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join