It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iron Dome defense system gets new backer: Barack Obama

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Iron Dome defense system gets new backer: Barack Obama

www.haaretz.com

The Pentagon has issued a message to Israel's Defense Ministry that U.S. President Barack Obama has approved the transfer of special assistance totaling $205 million (just under NIS 800 million) for the purchase of more than ten Iron Dome batteries.

The Israel Defense Forces ducked away from funding the project with its budget, explaining that offensive readiness was a higher priority

He added that the Defense Ministry has yet to decide how to allocate the funds. He stressed that it would
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Israel couldn't afford the Dome Defense system because they wanted to focus all available money on the offensive of an oppressed community which includes bulldozing homes and shooting white flagers.

So Obama came to the rescue and said "you focus on apartheids and testing of chemical warfare and american taxpayers will fund your defense system"

Excellent!!

It's good to know that during an economic crisis we are supporting the right people.

In Other unrelated news:
Human Rights Watch: IDF wantonly destroyed homes during Gaza war

Human Rights Watch said Thursday it had evidence of cases from a 2008-09 conflict in which the Israeli army wantonly destroyed civilian property in the Gaza Strip, even if there was no military necessity.

But in a 116-page report published Thursday, titled "'I lost everything': Israel's Unlawful Destruction of Property in the Gaza conflict," the group described 12 cases in which troops destroyed homes, factories and orchards "without any lawful military purpose."

In those cases, HRW said it found no indication of nearby fighting at the time of the destruction. In all cases, the fighting in the area had stopped and, in most, Israeli bulldozers destroyed the property after Israeli soldiers had dispersed Palestinian militants in the area and consolidated control, said the group.

www.haaretz.com...

So the defense system is really an anti-blowback device, or an anti-every action has a reaction machine.

HRW said it documented the complete destruction of 190 buildings, including 11 factories, 8 warehouses and 170 residential buildings - which it said was roughly 5 per cent of the total property destroyed in Gaza - leaving at least 971 Palestinians homeless.

Terroists are not the enemy here, the fanatical religious ideals that say that muslims live there must be purged is the mission. So destroy their economy, blockade all imports and exports and you have perpetual starving people unable to defend themselves.

Oh Yes!!!!
They NEED this Dome Defense System and Obama was oh so right to fund it!!!!

Thumbs Up!

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Yeah the Dome Defense System that was used to capture the oil.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by Shrukin89]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Budgetary problems? We have our own flipping budgetary problems to worry about without handing over tens of millions of dollars worth of a defense system that is only needed because Isreal is committing crimes against humanity and those humans are fighting back. So are we going to give the Palestinians iron domes to protect them from Israel?

Effin ridiculous

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
So are we going to give the Palestinians iron domes to protect them from Israel?

Good Point

They seem to be needing a shield way more than Israel

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

considering all US presidents are the bitches of Israel
anyone really shocked at this?

the US is the bitch of Israel and we all know that
so this news isnt really something new or shocking the least

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Americans need to wake up fast and Kick the Khazars, along with Obama, out of the white house for good.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

I've said it before. The only way true peace can be obtained in the Middle East is if the US collapses. I hope Asia gets its things in order and collapses America. The Zionist parasite is too intertwined with America and the dumb Americans (sheep ones) don't give a damn. There's no turning back. America must collapse because they refused to support neutrality. Too many Palestinian babies have died due to this foolishness.

It's America or the world. The Zionists are the cause. We could remove the Zionist parasite but most Americans don't even know they exist, so that's not an option. The Zionist State of America, much like the Apartheid State of Palestine, much like Khazar-Rothschild funded Nazi Germany, must collapse.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by TSawyer]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Another good reason why Russia should build S-300 defence systems to Iran. Shame on USA!

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man

considering all US presidents are the bitches of Israel
anyone really shocked at this?

the US is the bitch of Israel and we all know that
so this news isnt really something new or shocking the least

You know? The replies on this thread are akin to a bunch of neo-Nazi and extremist Islamic sentiment towards Israel. If you're not neither of these, then you're undoubtedly with a group of people who hasn't got a clue of what's going on.

Tell me. Just what is wrong with Obama funding a missile defense in Israel when Israel is surrounded by people who want to kill us?

If your answer is other than "nothing," then there's not any hope for any of you here.

Google translate my signature and you'll find out what Israel is all about.

It's not any use to say anything here, but if all of you were in the same room with me, I wouldn't be responsible for my actions.

If anyone here has any comprehension of what's going on there, which I don't believe, ISRAEL DIDN'T START IT!

[edit on 14/5/10 by Intelearthling]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
You know? The replies on this thread are akin to a bunch of neo-Nazi and extremist Islamic sentiment towards Israel.

Really?

Human Rights Watch documented the complete destruction of 190 buildings, including 11 factories, 8 warehouses and 170 residential buildings - which it said was roughly 5 per cent of the total property destroyed in Gaza - leaving at least 971 Palestinians homeless.

And what do you call the above?
Neo-nazi? Who exactly is currently controlling an open air prison?
It's not you, no it's not, it is the Israeli Govt. however.

Originally posted by Intelearthling
Tell me. Just what is wrong with Obama funding a missile defense in Israel when Israel is surrounded by people who want to kill us?

Would you be opposed to Gazans getting a white phosphorus shield?

Why do they want to hurt Israel?
Seriously, i've said it before and i'll say it again
This is not specific to palestine, put New Yorkers in an open air prison, blockade all imports and exports and bomb all their businesses and factories and completely destroying their economy with robot snipers pointed at them in their own homes at all times. How would New Yorkers respond?
ANYONE would respond the same way and if not WORSE than Palestine.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Israel has been manipulating America...the media, the government, Hollywood, for SO long, America identifies ITSELF with Israel.
As if they were one country.
I believe if it looks, smells, and tastes like excrement, it indeed IS excrement.
The Israeli government has created a near worldwide crisis, it is really NOT Americans doing it. That is why "we" (our Jewish bosses) have to attack "ourselves", even our so-called enemies, like Iran, know who their enemy really is.
I believe America is essentially the working class for Israel, with our politicians mere employees of Israel. The big (um "Jewish") banks control our government, and have their true allegiance to Israel. Remember, many in the Obama administration have dual citizenship.
Who else?
Is there any other way to explain how our cities are rotting, but Hillary is trotting around handing money for favors that will benefit Israeli banks?
Our money?
Our BORROWED money?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Why do they want to hurt Israel?
Seriously, i've said it before and i'll say it again
This is not specific to palestine, put New Yorkers in an open air prison, blockade all imports and exports and bomb all their businesses and factories and completely destroying their economy with robot snipers pointed at them in their own homes at all times. How would New Yorkers respond?
ANYONE would respond the same way and if not WORSE than Palestine.

The reason for the blockade is that the Palestinians aren't just getting the necessities for living. Blockades stop the shipment of weapons that are used against the Israeli people. Until the Palestinians come to recognize the existence of Israel, there won't be any attempts by Tel Aviv to recognize their suffering. The main reason for the Palestinian suffering is the Palestinians. They harbor terrorists in their homes. Therefore, their homes are legitimate targets.

If you allowed murderers to use your house as a sanctuary, giving them food and aiding their cause, you would then become a legitimate target not any better than the people you are harboring. If you have children there then it is YOU who is putting the children in harms way.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man
hey, remember you can get Banned on XBox live or PS3 network
so play nice.

I know it's easy to talk "behind" a screen, but in reality, I show and voice my support for Israel.

If my IDF shirts offend anyone, then that's their problem.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
That is quite enough "About, Too and For" each other..

If you have nothing to comment on about the Topic..

Don't Post

Warnings are next

Semper

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

You need to understand that it's not in Obama's hand. Obama does not control US foreign policy.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join