It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Test your AP, OOB or RV on a public target

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I would like to propose a target for those who are interested in

OOB: out of body experiences
AP: astral projection (if you believe that where you visit is on the earthly plane), or
RV: remote viewing

This is, in some sense, a "test," but also an opportunity for both "sides" to learn more about these phenomena.

A few basic points:

[1] The target is located in a public place. I don't live there, so there is no "privacy" problem.

[2] You can do whatever mapping and aerial searches you like, since the target feature will only read from the ground. Obviously, somebody could mount an expedition, but I doubt anybody will, and we are on the honor system.

[3] The target avoids the sterility of a number or playing card, and yet retains considerable objectivity. It is "humanly meaningful," but not "personal to me."

[4] There will be no feedback from me, even if a correct answer is posted. The target is open through May 21, and will be revealed here sometime during May 22, UCT.

[5] Your task is to describe the target, which is a single compact physical object. This is a "short answer question." It requires at least one sentence to describe the target, neither a single word (not one that I know anyway), nor a Russian novel, either.

It would be fine to supplement an answer with "how I got that story" material, and anything else that you might have experienced along the way. However, only your specific short description of the target will be evaluated. So, please "circle your answer."

[6] It is a given of the problem that the target is located in a walkable woods. So, the answer is not a description of the woods, nor is the target a tree, bush, blade of grass, trail marker, etc. The target is a persistent feature, that is, I have no idea whether at any given time, a discarded piece of litter might be at the site, what animals may be passing through, whether there is any pooled rainwater, a dead racoon, ... these are not the target if you happen to see any.

Where the target is

Legally: on private land posted as being open to the public, and in regular use as a recreational footpath.

Geographically:

1] Download or look at (full size):

s370.photobucket.com...

[2] In www.bing.com > maps, search

silk farm road & dunbarton road concord nh

Choose Aerial, then choose Bird's eye view.

The target is east of the intersection of the roads. Move the little hand icon until the terrain matches what you see in the picture which you downloaded in Step 1.

[3] The red arrow in the picture you downloaded indicates an unpaved path into the woods. The path runs alongside the excavation, separated from it by trees. The path begins from a paved road leading to the excavation.

The target is about 500 feet down the path, in the woods, in the general vicinity of the red circle shown in the picture. Probably towards the top of the circle.

[4] Download or look at (full size):

s370.photobucket.com...

This photo was taken while I was standing next to the target. It is on my right, out of frame. If I were to turn 90 degress, there it would be, immediately in front of me.

There is no need to take any steps at all to see it in close-up, and there would be no doubt that "it" is the target. Of course, as with almost any real physical object, taking some few steps about, in order to view the object from more than one perspective, might help you to formulate your description.

Through the trees on the right side of this photo, you can just make out the extra brightness that is the two trailers you see from above in the Step 1 photo. That may help you coordinate the aerial and ground views.

==

So, there you have it. What is the target?

In the meantime, discussion of what makes a good target, both from skeptical and practitioner perspectives, would be appreciated.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I'm glad you posted this thread, yesterday I decided to start experimenting with OOBs again to see if there is anything to them.

Your proposed target sounds like a good one. In my experiences, text and numbers tend to change right before my eyes when I am OOB.

I will let you all know what the target is within the next couple of days.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I will let you all know what the target is within the next couple of days.

Thanks for the reply, Johnny. I really forward to seeing what you come up with.

I also hope some other people will follow your lead.

I read a lot of threads here on OOB, AP and RV subjects. There's a lot of expertise hereabouts, so if there's something about this target that isn't appropriate for gifted people to exercise their gifts on this, then I 'd like to hear about that, too, so I can refine the method.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Ive been working on this one for the past few nights. I would like to ask though, as it would help me feel more clearly, if you placed the object there or not?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Hi, spinalremain.

Ive been working on this one for the past few nights. I would like to ask though, as it would help me feel more clearly, if you placed the object there or not?

The target has been in the area for years ("persistent feature"), and its being there has nothing to do with me.

After I confidently wrote "No," however, I remembered something.

There is some chance that I may in fact have been among the last persons to make a human alteration in its position, while performing volunteer "trail maintenance" in the area, many, many months ago.

Nothing to do with this thread, nothing to do with using it as a viewing target. If something I did affected its position, then it wasn't any big change.

Thanks for writing. I look forward to hearing about what you get.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by eight bits]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by eight bits

Absolutely! Knowing as much as there is helps. I have been trying to see the ground area during AP. I haven't gotten it right yet though. I will continue to do so for the remaining nights. Knowing that you interacted with it may help me view the time you did so. Or at least knowing that something has "altered" as you put it, puts emphasis on whatever is there. I will reply with my best answer.

- great project experiment BTW! I missed out on the Book, envelope, Sudoku Rubiks Cube one. I love this type of stuff. I know for a fact that humans have vision that far surpasses that of intuition. We do have abilities that are very intriguing. I just haven't figured out how to make it come out or happen at will. I've been trying for years, but it only seems to happen when I don't try. Sounds weird, but it's true.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by spinalremain]
Edit for typos (Am I tunrign dislexic or somethign? I must pray to Dog for guidance)

[edit on 19-5-2010 by spinalremain]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The first thing that popped into my mind was a huge well , somewhat squarish in shape at the (concrete type) base. It, the well, was taller than normal like on a pedestal.

Great idea on the experiment!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Thanks for the kind words about the experiment, spinal and Seeker.

The hours dwindle down to a precious few... any more takers? The more the merrier!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Can't believe no one else is involved in this experiment. Maybe, I hate to say (because I WANNA KNOW what this object is lol..) you should extend the date -Leave it up a while longer for more to notice and become involved?

[edit on 21-5-2010 by SeekerLou]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Looks like I wont have time to play this game.
Unfortunately I'm pretty much out of time for your experiment and I dare say that by the time I could try to view it, you will have revealed it. So I'll turn to psychic feeling about it instead and say I believe it to be a man made metal object, completely foreign to the environment it is in. I think it has movable parts, perhaps a door or doors. A fridge, a vehicle, an oven? I wish you had made this test over a week to give more time. Lets know if I'm on the right track.
Cheers.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
great thread, i can't wait to read the results.
I'm not great at this stuff but I will have a try.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
This may sound strange, but I keep thinking and or feeling that there's either a grave there or a headstone. I couldn't see anything, so that will be my stab at it.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
This will be "self-scoring."

Here is the target, three views in one frame:

s370.photobucket.com...

What is it? A small wooden totem pole. The upper totem element is a notched cyclinder with two black-and-white eyes, one on each side. The lower element is a red squirrel effigy, now heavily weathered, with white and black details, on a green background.

The pole sits upon, and is not set into, the ground. My "alteration" of its position long ago was to help re-right it after it had toppled over.

The object itself is not being maintained, and will likely crumble away in a few years. In the photo, the small black thing sitting in the "notch" is an old iron spike. It is not a permanent part of the pole.

I thank everybody who participated. I am still learning about what makes a good target. I strongly believe that public targets are much safer than posting any personal information on the web. Since woodlands are full of things besides trees, even with the comprehensive mapping and imagery available for free, there are still places where you have to be right there to see what's on the ground.

Off-line, I am corresponding with someone who is interested in RV. So, I may have other targets one of these days. Or, maybe this thread will inspire somebody else, and there can be a steady stream of these things: safe and interesting.

If there is any one thing that might assist in developing a skill, IMO, whatever the skill is, then that would be the opportunity to practice with feedback.

Thanks again, everybody.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by eight bits

I thank everybody who participated.

I may have other targets one of these days.

Thank YOU for the experiment. *although I missed* lol. (Of course, I just posted what popped into my head first and didn't really try the RV techniques. Maybe I could have done better, taking the time, etc. !) Felt something unusual was upright though...

Hope so! I'm game. Please u2u me if you do!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
one of those port-a-potty things

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Great experiment. I failed miserably, but it's always fun to experiment and try eccentric stuff. If you do another I will definitely try again.

P.S. I'm telling you man, there's a body under that totem! Someone is buried under there for sure

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Thanks for a fun topic.
Perhaps next time if you could run it for a week to give more people a chance to have the time to participate?
Just a thought as I think many missed out who may have enjoyed your test. I know I'd have loved to have had more time to try to focus on the object.
Good work though! a great experiment.

new topics

top topics

join