It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shortages Imminent as Earth Enters New Cold Climate Era

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Originally posted by hinky
The earth's climate changes are measured in millenniums, not seasons, years, decades, or even a human lifetimes.

WRONG, it has been shown many times in this forum that Climate Changes can occur within a decade and even within a few years... It has happened in the past and will continue to happen...

People need to keep up with science if they want to make "an intelligent argument"....

I forgot that "this forum" is a repository of intellectual giants who have the final say in all thing scientific.

Nothing has been proven that a switch is thrown and the climate changes. It does make for a great theory, scare mongering among the gullible, and a great source for federal funding.

A guy could even make a movie about it and call it a documentary or even fiction.

Go to school and pay attention to what is being taught to you. At some point, you'll understand not all adults tell the truth and the internet isn't the only source of truth.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Sorry guys, despite the name, this not a serious scientific organisation just a bunch of doom and gloom mongers selling fright stories to the gullible.

And your dismissal is based upon what? I see no details as to why you consider this to be an organisation that is just a bunch of doom and gloom mongers - a description I might add that I could equally apply to such organisations as the CRU, NOAA and NASA - all of whom are deeply entrenched in making money from their own particular brand of doom and gloom.

I am prepared to listen to these people to at least hear what they have to say since I do not close my ears to other peoples points of view just because it does not agree with mine.

As I originally stated.....

This piece of information, if is is correct and as genuine as I believe it to be, represents serious news for everyone.

I still stand by that statement until you prove them to be otherwise.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
A guy could even make a movie about it and call it a documentary or even fiction.

I thought Al Gore did that.

Go to school and pay attention to what is being taught to you. At some point, you'll understand not all adults tell the truth and the internet isn't the only source of truth.

Are you saying that the IPCC is wrong in saying that the climate will change significantly in the next two or three decades, and that it is actually two or three millennia? If so I agree with you. They definitely do not tell the truth.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
Are you saying that the IPCC is wrong in saying that the climate will change significantly in the next two or three decades, and that it is actually two or three millennia? If so I agree with you. They definitely do not tell the truth.

For a group who uses public money and rewrites reports based on the work of others to fit their political leaning, it ain't a bad gig. Too bad that email and fake data thing got in the way.

None of these ass clowns have a clue as to what the weather will be next week let alone next century. BUT we sure can throw public money at it.

Yeah.... we agree...

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

You forgot the penguins
and the honey bee's !!!!!!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Couldn't agree with you more. We have to look at data we have and prepare accordingly, but Global Warmers point us towards the wrong - and catastrophic -direction. It's very clear : the Interglacial is OVER.

mclinking

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
There is some chemical firm that makes all that crap they are spraying that cools things off, and I bet all kinds of 'science' is run past those generals...to sell the fact of the problem 'global warming' so they must include a bigger contract, this is only about money...

At some time the endless quest for still more wealth has to come to an end. What is occurring is unsustainable.

The Rat Race does not go anywhere,

"And the National Bank at a profit sells road maps for the soul ..... To the old folks home and the college..." Bob Dylan 's Tombstone Blues

it was all just a massive ponzi game that is running out of people to fool

[edit on 4-6-2010 by seataka]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

May SSRC not be cited in 25 years for being quacks who falsely predicted "Global Cooling"...

Kind of like the environmental alarmists of yesteryear make Global Warming Alarmists look like nutters.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I've never bought into this "Global Warming" thing from the start.

I earn my living as a Roofing Contractor and have been out in the elements for over 40 years and I can tell you that there is no sign of things getting warmer were I am in New Zealand, in fact its getting colder and wetter, and the seasons are later and later each year.
I do see Climate Change, in the way we are getting more extreme weather, like more torrential downpours like they have in the tropics all year round, and more dramatic storms coming up out of Antarctica.
The Ozone Hole has come and gone during my career on the rooftop, back in the 1990-2000's you couldn't stay outside for more than an hour without a hat and sunscreen, now the last 2 years I couldn't even get a suntan.

We will be OK for food though, more rain means more grass which converts into beef, lamb and milk.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join