It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High School scraps team trip to Arizona

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

It will play with the minds and guilt of the undocumented as they will be afraid to be stop and ask for papers that they don't have, this will actually make the state of Arizona very illegal unfriendly and hopefully for the state they will move somewhere else were they are more welcome, perhaps California and New Mexico.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

How do you figure the schools decision was morally sound? Girls want to go play a game they raised money for, I say let them. If some on the team feel it is wrong to go I say let them stay home. i too would be interested to see a poll of the girls.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

i'm hoping the school decided not to go in protest of the bill. the bill is immoral in my opinion and i'm hoping thats why the school decided not to go.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
This same school let a group of students go on a field trip to Communist China.

That says alot.

The school is simply saying to these basketball players....."Your accomplishments are nothing compared to our agenda." "But thanks for being our political pawns!"

Carseller4, Your Right , In my wife's ex-home land, they treat illegals as Organ Donors. So,, I guess that's OK with this School District.

The school has sent children to China, they’ve sent children to South America, they’ve sent children to the Czech Republic, but somehow Arizona is more unsafe for them than those places

The beliefs and values of China are apparently aligned, since they approved that trip, Don't You Think,,, They are Just Your Common House-Hold,,,, Open Boarder Idiots. Hug A Thug Crowd.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
[m

The morral issue is the fact we have a whole lot of people, who don't respect our laws. We have a bunch of people who hurt, and steal from American citizens. the illegals are the one's with the morral issue. The People in Arizona, are the one's who live in fear, and It's not fear off this bill.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

You think it morally sound to prohibit teen girls that had nothing to do with this bill, who did not vote on it, and had nothing to do with it, from participating in a sporting event? What is boycotting AZ even going to accomplish? It's only going to incite more hate towards illegals, and cut into the pocketbooks of hard working Americans.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by whaaa

It will play with the minds and guilt of the undocumented as they will be afraid to be stop and ask for papers that they don't have, this will actually make the state of Arizona very illegal unfriendly and hopefully for the state they will move somewhere else were they are more welcome, perhaps California and New Mexico.

marg6043, Yup, Yup, Yup,,,, California and New Mexico, Here They Come

I read that a very little city called Jackson in New York state has declared through a vote of their city council, it passed 3 to 1, with one member absent .
The law designates English as the town’s official written and spoken language, “to be used in all official meetings and business conducted by the elected officials and their appointees.”

I Like These Town Folks

Source was the New York Times.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by guohua]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Target Earth

you made your bed you lay in it! you guys supported this law, and now your state is going to be boycotted by a lot of different groups/cities/businesses/etc etc. you will complain but there are people against this law as well.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

I actually posted that on ATS too.

Link

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
This is ridiculous. I hope that the children of the administrators who made this decision, one day have their one-in-a-lifetime opportunities yanked out from under them for political reasons. This has nothing to do with actual safety.

I went to the school districts page and notice that every document and whatnot provided, was listed in both English and spanish. I also heard that the school that this is affecting allows illegal students without question. Parents in that area should be raising hell about their tax money supporting foreign kids.

Also, isn't it funny how the cities/groups that are calling for protest have such critical problems of their own: California has massive debt, and Chicago is nearly the crime capitol of America.

edit to add:

If anyone deserves a boycott it is states like those. I know I will take note of where in the US the products I buy are made.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Wolf321]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I think maybe you & your friends just don't know what it is like to live in a border state. There have been checkpoints near the border of Texas as long as I can remember (which is longer than I'd like to admit) Many, many years ago, the primary contraband was fruits & vegetables, parrots & pot- or goat meat (cabrito)
No one here has ever thought anything about it.
Catching illegals here is so common that, in the grassy areas beside the highway on 90, the BP cars/ trucks have worn trails going back toward Mexico. These have existed back as far as the mid 70s, at least. When we started seeing them, we knew we were getting close.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DogsDogsDogs

It makes me sick to see kids used as pawns whether it is in a divorce, anchor babies, or a case like this. "THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

That's the problem, tho- they 'think of the children', alright- Almost the same way a pedophile might 'think of the children'...

Think of the children as political pawns, as a political statement. Mind boggling, isn't it? To watch the higher ups 'think of the children' and see nothing more than assets and tools....

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raustin
reply to post by guohua

I actually posted that on ATS too.

Link

I'm Sorry Raustin, I missed that post. I didn't mean to step on your toes.
To much respect for you my friend.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
there is a war going on in northern mexico, the cartels have the people hostage, the decent hardworking mexican people should be offered political assylum, how bout that!!!! put them to work lets tax them. seal the border. pulling over americans randomly is not going to help the situation. i'm sure people living in the border states have legitamite concerns. its just not right to have more and more of our rights taken away! to me driving through the country and being pulled over for no reason is a violation of my freedom. to me that is a police state. we are already heading down that road. i am not the only one against this bill. the republican party even moved their convention to tampa, i wonder what made them do that?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

How are more and more of your rights being taken away?

Those road blocks have probably been there longer then you have been alive. All your posts have been rehashed clips from people who have never dealt with the problem.

Live there and then talk about whats best for them.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
double post

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Miracle Man]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
i have family that lives on the texas border, my cousin is a dispatcher for the local police station. he tells me crazy stories of drug dealers and gangs, and little punk kids. there is a problem with illegal immigration dont get me wrong, it needs to be addressed properly, the us fedreral government is turning a blind eye!! you people want to lump all the illegals together in one boat. i say seal the borders and deal with the immigration problem! i just dont want more and more of my civil liberties taken away, whats next americans will have to wear a yellow ribbon around their left arms to prove citizenship? will i be stopped randomly walking down the street to prove i was born here? first it was the profiling of muslims following 9-11 now we want to profile hispanics? we all know blacks have been racially profiled since the beggining. i have stated it before and i will state it again, it is my opinion that the AZ law is unjust, and i am entitled to that opinion. i will use my freedom of speech to speak out against it. i know i will not change most of your minds, or get you to bend on it. i am looking at the situation with an open mind. i am not saying all illegals are welcome keep them coming. i am saying lets get the federal government to step in and help clear up the problem, that does not mean ship them all back to where they came from. lets fix the welfare system, get rid of the moochers, and put the hard working decent people to work, get them to pay a fine. lets find out who the bad apples are and deport them! why not edit the statue of liberty to say give us your tired your poor as long as they have enough money to come here legally and are educated. everyone in this country came from somewhere else, maybe they came legally when the floodgates were open, maybe they had money to cut through the red tape, maybe they had political assylum. everyones story is different. the only thing i see from these posts are fear, anger and resentment, we will never get anywhere with these kinds of feelings, it only breeds more tension. lets work together to solve the problem instead of speaking one-sided all the time, lets negotiate a way to fix the problem peacefully. otherwise you are just stirring up hate.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Sorry, but you're "Everyone's doing it!" attitude isn't winning you any points. By your logic we shouldn't address this problem because it was already a problem beforehand? Your insight is astounding

Look, as much as I don't think this law violates anyone's constitutional rights, I don't necessarily feel as though it's going to be the perfect solution for a wide-ranging problem... what it is going to do in my opinion is something that has needed doing for quite some time; make everyone in Washington realize that they'd better do something before every state in the SW rebels.

Besides, if you've never lived near the border (which by your statements I'm assuming you haven't), I don't think you have an appreciation for the subtle difference in panic level when you hear about a U.S. citizen being murdered after which LE is all over it vs. a rancher getting gunned down in cold blood only to have his attacker slip back across the border under the blanket of Mexican sovereignty in the dead of night.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Legion2112]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

There are already easy ways to fix this problem.

1. Immigrants come here legally.

2. They become citizens through the proper paperwork.

3. If you don't then you are deported back to where you come from.

Pretty easy until people like you start complicating it. Also I love how with each post you embellish on your story.

It almost seems as if you are making it up as you go.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Miracle Man

what story? just because i dont agree with your point of view, now i'm making up a story? lol wake up i'm not the only one that does not agree with the AZ bill. i'm calling for some sort of amnesty for illegals. you want to deport evryone, i say lets deport the bad guys, the drug dealers and welfare moochers etc etc you are saying deport them all. your entitled to your opinion, i'm entitled to mine. have a nice day.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join