It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much difference would these ancient artifacts make in a modern war?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
first of all i'd like to say hi, this is my first thread, and since it is such a big forum, i had no idea where to put this, since it slots into a few different sections.

My question is, if artifacts such as the holy grail, or the spear which stabbed jesus while he was on the cross ( i forget the name, i'm sure it begins with long) and other items of holy significance, would they have am affect on a modern war?
i know Hitler was trying to discover some of these items during WWII but could they just be plain items, or just completely non existant, there are many different conspiracies on what powers these possess, if anybody could give an example it would be helpfull!
i will be editing the thread to suit, when i look into this deeper, but for now, any ideas?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Well none of them are really described as having greater destructive potential than a big nuke so i don't imagine they would make much difference
Perhaps as they are one of a kind it might affect the way MAD works?
I think it would still just end up as a big nukeing sh!tfest.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
If my government basicaly said look we have this crazy mad box made from gold and God just gave it to us and truth be told it does infact shoot crazy bolts of lightning and levels mountains AND were going to use it to pwn the world. I would sign up immediatly, id even start believeing in religion if it was actualy real. Priests running around chanting and sumoning god like wrath from the heavens???, that would be awesome.

Finding something like that, that actualy existed in a sense we could comprehend would spark off crusades everywhere. And would probably plunge us into another dark age of religious fanaticism with civil wars sparking up everywhere no doubt on account of the amount of herectic purging. Grim

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
some crazy thoughts, but i doubt if it was in the hands of the government they would be open about it, they would just drown you in the propaganda, if a small group of people found something, and it did have powers (then they decided to rebel) that would make a good film, good thoughts so far!

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Yes, they will effect modern war.

Anyone who has Jesus on their side will win the war. Same thing with the Ark, they will win the war against whoever...

This is because those religious artifacts are sent from God and will make the receiver win whatever war they are in, forever.

Hitler didn't win the war because he is bad and against Jews. You have to be good and not against Jews to win the wars you fight in if you are using the things that God has created to help you win the war.

Case closed. The end.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
So God will play favorites and allow and even condone the killing of other human beings provided they have the right mystical items? bah. No thanks, I will stick with reality.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
The Spear of Longinus

or

The Spear of Destiny

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
yes, that is it, the spear of longinus, could these artifacts be the christian/catholic and whatever other religions comparative to the old greek artifacts sent to the demi gods and other important figures to help win wars, such as the winged sandals and the olympus sword?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
although these items never actually existed, of course!

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Slim

Or did they?

www.jerryesmith.com...
www.jerryesmith.com...
www.jerryesmith.com...

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte

Originally posted by Dr Slim

Or did they?

www.jerryesmith.com...
www.jerryesmith.com...
www.jerryesmith.com...

Pretty sure if they did exist they would have been on ebay at least once by now. lol

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
i think the bidding would be high on the holy grail, or the longinus spear, if the spear were to be real, and uncleaned since that time, could there be DNA on there?

new topics

top topics

join