It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion in Greek Capital

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Breaking News -

Early report from BBC

Bomb blast outside Athens prison

A bomb has exploded outside the main prison in Athens, Greek police say. The blast in the Korydallos suburb of the city followed a telephone warning to an Athens newspaper, officials said.

Link - BBC

[edit on 13-5-2010 by detachedindividual]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The suggestion that this was conducted by a break-away group critical of government is just another sign, IMO, that Europe is headed for a period of internal conflict.

While I am extremely critical of the U.S. and their recent moves toward criminalizing critical dissent or difference of opinion, I have to point out that this is exactly why there are doing it.

In every country where the wealthy are safe while the masses endure poverty this mentality of domestic extremism will rise.

When Gerald Celente began talking about kidnappings and rising sentiment of revolution, I feel he neglected to discuss the reality of the violent dissent from factions that will inevitably rise in response to the inequality.

IMO, as the instability spreads from nation to nation (which I believe it has been designed to do) this form of domestic turbulence will spread with it, shortly behind any austerity measures being passed.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
The suggestion that this was conducted by a break-away group critical of government is just another sign, IMO, that Europe is headed for a period of internal conflict.

Bombs go off somewhere in Europe nearly every day.. Northern Ireland, Basque, Balkans etc etc

A big one in the EU at least once a week.. there's dissident movements absolutely everywhere as a result of the history across the continent so this really isn't in any way a big deal..

From the info I have come across, it looks like the Greek rioters have almost fizzled out..

I can see some unrest spreading across the eastern continent.. but not really the EU unless its one of the more unstable states in the ex Eastern Bloc..

We'll have to wait and see..

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Yep, Greece has at least 4-5 bombs per year which are usually placed in banks or government buildings, so nothing new there.

new topics

top topics

join