It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA's Operation Merlin / An attempt to shut down Iran's nuclear program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
This is a good read for those of you like myself who follow such behind the curtain operations. I have wondered many years now why Iran has not already come out with their own substantial nuclear program because they have been getting help from Russia, China and other country's for years now. Here's a look inside why Iran's nuclear dreams have been targeted by Mossad & the CIA utilizing Iranian nationals to help them stop or toss the proverbial "monkey wrench" into the mix.

On paper, MERLIN was supposed to stunt the development of Tehran's nuclear program by sending Iran's weapons experts down the wrong technical path. The CIA believed that once the Iranians had the blueprints and studied them, they would believe the designs were usable and so would start to build an atom bomb based on the flawed designs. But Tehran would get a big surprise when its scientists tried to explode their new bomb.

I have speculated for some time now that an agency of the US or it's allies were trying to thwart the nuclear dreams of Iran but could never prove it. My former government colleagues have always told me that "sure Mike, you know we have people over there working on our side" but thats hearsay and little else to me. I wanted proof! Well today I found this and it confirmed what I have suspected for time now.

Senior CIA officials played an important role in the Clinton administration's efforts to downplay evidence of Iran's terrorist ties in the late 1990s, according to several CIA sources. In 1996 or 1997, a well-placed officer with the Ministry of Intelligence and Security, Iran's foreign intelligence service, was cooperating with the CIA. In meetings in Europe, just months after the Khobar attack occurred, the Iranian source provided the CIA with evidence that Iran was behind the bombing, according to CIA officials. The Iranian told the CIA he had been meeting with several senior Iranian officials after the bombing, and they were celebrating their successful operation.

I believe many of you will enjoy reading this and I didn;t want to dilute it with my own notions here in this thread. I wanted to bring it out for all of you to discover. The idea that an Author could be summoned for writing a book also poses a big concern for me as well. Take care!

Mike Lee

Full story & source here

[edit on 5/13/2010 by mikelee]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
If the US goes to war (or other than conventional war action) with or against Iran, this is proof that the PTB cannot simply say "we had no idea at all about Iran's nuke program or capability."

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
S&F Mike. Nice find.

It just goes to show what's really going on behind the scenes and the hidden agendas that the governments have.

There have also been a few Nuclear Scientists either killed or defected over the years too which are most likely linked.

Personally, I think the US will get Israel to do the dirty work, possibly after some kind of false flag.

g

new topics

join