It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New 'Smart Pill' Could Alert Physicians About Medication Adherence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

New 'Smart Pill' Could Alert Physicians About Medication Adherence

www.ihealthbeat.org

Researchers from the University of Florida have designed a standard-size pill capsule that includes a microchip and digestible antenna to allow physicians to better monitor patients' adherence to prescriptions, American Medical News reports.

Once the pill is swallowed, the microchip uses the antenna to send a message to an electronic device carried by the patient. The device then relays the signal to a cell phone or laptop to inform physicians or family members that the patient has taken the medication.

In addition to boosting prescription adherence, researchers say the new capsule coul
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Wow, i was not a big believer in the whole RFID chip being implanted into people but i always thought that something like that would not be forced on people but people would end up wanting it. This is some big brother type carp in action, i can see drug companies adding it to tons of pills and making everyone take it by having the insurance companies only cover this kind of pill.

www.ihealthbeat.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Would patients be aware of their pills having these things?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Wouldn't patients figure out how to get the thing to send a signal without swallowing it?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

probably but if insurance companies jumped on the bandwagon with this there might not be any type of choice in the matter.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Yikes. Can you imagine hundreds of thousands of mentally ill people not taking their meds because they are afraid of the chips? This will cause way more problems than it could solve.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Or even worse, can you immagine people (like the ones that visit ATS) being diagnosed as mentally ill because they do not want to take a pill with a microchip and a transmitter in it?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Oh crap, never thought of that!

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I posted a thread on this a few weeks ago.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This seems like a bad idea to me because this application can be used for so many things that I just can't see it being safe from a privacy standpoint.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

No matter what you say my life has proven beyond at doubt 100%, that they where suing electronic mind control in schools in london in 1992 fact.

Waste of time worrying about it today its been around for ages.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

who are "they" and how is it fact that 1. Mind controll was used in the UK in 1992 and 2. That it means that it is being used today on us.
And i just want to add this has nothing to do with mind control, you should read the article

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by zaiger

No matter what you say my life has proven beyond at doubt 100%, that they where suing electronic mind control in schools in london in 1992 fact.

Waste of time worrying about it today its been around for ages.

If your life is beyond a shadow of a doubt 100% proof of electronic mind control, how can we trust you?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

Your right, but electronic mind control is probably in us all today. I seriously doubt that worrying today about chips is a bit to late, if you get me. Its probably already done to you, if you live in uk or usa.

But your right, my opinions may be a mixture of what they have done to me, and me. But what ever, worrying about chips in tablets, i would say is a bit late. I seriously doubt if i found out they where using this in 1992 in schools in london, i would suggest that 18 years later, alot more if not all of the kids today have this being done to them.

But on topic, i seriously doubt chips in tablets is something you need to worry about, its probably already in you, i would suggest in you live in uk or usa.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You said the same thing in this thread. You kind of just blurt it out and then you make no effort to back it up at all which makes you sound like you are making it up.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Are you really that worried about it?
I mean...did you know that your Shampoo has been marked (tagged) for decades already to identify it's authenticity...(extremely small color code chips) It all started with microtagging explosives. We have already went step further and started introducing extremely small RFID chips to certain products...
It's just a matter of time before we will be RFID tagged. My cats are already tagged...tagging home animals is around here must.....

Oh, and you shouldn't worry about it so much as the chip will probably exit patients body in few hours.
If I'd really want to I could probably find everything about your daily life etc... so why worry when control is already here.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by SpeDeZo]

top topics

join