It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State to force stores to post graphic signs vs. smoking

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Smiggle

We don't have the pictures on the packets, just warnings about imminent death and what not.

I do wonder what would happen if people all of a sudden just quit smoking. That would be a hell of a lot of lost revenue for the Govt.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

This is over the line. They made the decision to start smoking, just because you don't like it doesn't mean you have the right to decide for them. I don't smoke but I have friends that do, they know where they shouldn't smoke and I like the smell so being around it doesn't bother me. It is my choice to let them smoke in my home or on my property, not my neighbors or the person across the street.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Smiggle

I agree it's the same here. I know loads of people who packed in because they were sick of going outside for a smoke when they're out having a drink. Plus the people who do smoke don't want to stand outside the pub in winter so this is having an effect on the pub industry as well. That's why pubs are shutting at 4 a day here in the UK. And the fact that they can't compete cheap supermarket booze. So how does the government make up the money ? by going after the easy target smokers.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by badvok123

I really feel it should be up to the business owner to decide if people are allowed to smoke on the premises. If you don't like it, don't be a patron or employee.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

I wouldn't even mind smoking in a separate room like they did years ago. Their use to be a room called the snug which was more or less a smoking room. And get this they're even on about banning smoking in beer gardens. I think this will be the final nail in the coffin for the traditional pub. It's a real shame but at least I won't have too listen to the fake coughing from the health nazi's every time light up.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

Even if there was a 100% efficient way to stop any smoke being inhaled by non-smokers in pubs, the loony left anti-smokers still wouldn't agree with it. Here in the UK they are the worst, there is no reasoning with them. I was reading about e-cigs on the net and came across a uk anti-smoking forum where someone had made a thread about them, the majority of posters were even against people smoking them in public places, not because of anything health related...but simply because they sorta "looked" like cigs and could hence promote them....

And imo the second hand smoke argument isn't that strong, the crazies are even talking about third hand smoke these days...

[edit on 13-5-2010 by Solomons]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
As an occasional lucy smoker I think this is a waste of money. I know what I'm doing isn't exactly the best for me. But neither is the fluoridated water I drink and bathe with, the GMO foods in my grocery stores, the drugs big pharma convinces my doctor to give me, etc. Leave me the hell alone and let me smoke in peace. I have family members who are well over 80 and still smoke. To each it's own right?

[edit on 13-5-2010 by newBodyoldSoul]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join