It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Senator Caught Nodding Off During Intelligence Briefings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Sen. Kit Bond (R) of Missouri is the ranking member on the Senate Intelligence Committee, despite his frequent confusion about matters of national security. This week, an explanation for why Bond seems to frequently say things that don’t make sense became clearer.

The Justice Department hosted a classified briefing for members of the Senate Intelligence Committee to discuss the attempted car bombing in Times Square. Bond reportedly had some trouble. (via Faiz Shakir)

Bond emerged Tuesday from a briefing arranged by the Justice Department for members of the intelligence panel and said he’s “not convinced by the information I’ve seen so far that there was adequate confirmable intelligence” to make the Pakistani Taliban connection [...].

One person who was in the room for Tuesday’s intelligence briefing said Bond appeared to fall asleep for 10 to 15 minutes, but that he and other senators had spirited exchanges with the briefers. [emphasis added]

Continued at link

Source

Well this is kind of irritating, funny and flat out angering all at the same time, depending on your mood I suppose.

I can understand political representatives of any type have long nights full of tedious paperwork or other related types of work but c'mon now, I mean really... Nodding off wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for it happening in a intelligence briefing out of all places. Someone get this guy a no-doze or a redbull or something!

You think this mirrors the extent of which our political representatives take seriously the issues at hand? I hope not...

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Ha Ha, he just wanted to show the country that he is human. You know,
he wants everyone to know he is just one of the regular folk of the
country like the rest of us.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Just because it was an intellegence breifing, doesnt mean it was exciting, interesting or stimulating. I can only imagine how BORED to death I would be sitting in meeting after BORING meeting.

*wake me when its over*

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Most of these politicians are 150 years old. I'm surprised we dont see more colostomy bags bursting on the floor or oxygen tanks exploding.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Crossfate

While the prospect of this happening is indeed infuriating, you are passing an opinion piece off as actual fact.

Words that point to hearsay such as 'appeared' and 'a person'....who is this person that saw him resting his eyes?

None the less I guess it is common to perpetuate hearsay as truth. Hell, we learn from the best...Fox, MSNBC, CNN...etc.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

The HCR Bill "debate" let everyone know that paying attention to what's before Congress is not important!

They don't need to listen until they are told how to vote.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Wow, my bad. I figured I was more so speculating than admitting to it being 100% fact, truth and nothing but the truth.

"Bows humbly....."

[edit on 13-5-2010 by Crossfate]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Heh then there was no need for your condescending reply and attempt at being facetious towards me.

Nearly, this information should be given out, but presented as what it is. Complete hearsay with no verifiable facts to show otherwise. As later in the original post where the site you linked to shows they talked with the senator sitting next to him and he claimed the opposite.

It was because of that in which I lay suspect upon the article. The claim to be sleeping is only referred to some 'person' as saying it happened.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Hey all, it's common practice to fall asleep or even better....
play cards while in these meetings that have Everything to do with the future of America..

www.snopes.com...

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
correct me if im wrong , but is this not dereliction of duty?if you fall asleep at your post in the military , or for that matter are even not paying the utmost attention to your assigned duties , that is dereliction of duties. i think the same standards should be met by our politicians.

new topics

top topics

join