It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twin Baby Moose in Sprinkler

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Sorry, no conspiracy here to argue over and bash each other to prove who is right, just a video showing how beautiful our fragile earth can be when there is no wars and no hate. Just the joys and wonders of innocence.

Peace,
Wari

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
thank you

second line

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Ahh the joys of childhood and the beauty of innocence. Thank you; you have no idea how much I needed reminding today of the wonders all around us.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by warisover

haha kind of a funny coincidence, i just witnessed a completely different interaction between a full grown female moose and a sprinkler (the kind people try to imitate in dance... do the sprinkler!)

the neighbor was watering his lawn when this moose walked over to it to try and get a drink, the spinning action of the sprinkler and the change of pressure from the sprinkler was making it very difficult for the moose to get a drink without getting sprayed in the face.

the first few times it was sprayed it ran off about 100 feet, then slowly came back and tried again, this happened 4 times, but after the 5th time the moose had enough of that, it reared up on its rear legs and started lunging down on that sprinkler with its front hove's (spelling?) it stomped the heck out of that that thing, I've never seen a moose so violent before, from the safety of my fenced in yard and the fact that it was only a sprinkler made the event incredibly humorous.

After it destroyed the sprinkler it then casually drank from the flow of water coming from the smashed sprinkler haha. After it had it's fill and left, i walked over to find it had punched holes into their (Fairly new) lawn about a foot deep.

I felt fortunate to witness such an event, i should have went and grabbed my camera, but i didn't want to miss anything. Don't mess with moose they will stomp the snot out of you.

[edit on 5/13/2010 by Alaskan Man]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Thank you from me too, I needed it too, and I got two.

My stress from today literally melted away.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
That was great. What states have moose? They look huge. I live in Ohio and the deer here get pretty good sized. But that thing looks as big as a horse.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
They are out west in Colorado, Montana, and Utah. Maybe others, too, not sure. But they are so big they are intimidating, and can be dangerous if spooked. (This I know from camping at Yellowstone).

I have photographed them, but kept my distance.

Edit: And how could I forget Alaska?

[edit on 5/13/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

I actually thought about the lawn. My dogs like to play under the sprinkler, and they make a muddy mess on my lawn.

(But I let them sometimes anyway).

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
This is really amazing! Thanks! Did you film this and do you live in Alaska? Because moose are common there.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this cute video.

The size of those moose never seize to amaze me, they're huge.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
That was precious! It reminded me of a friend in upstate NY. She had a moose that came to her meadow in the winter. She loved to watch him and put apples and veggies out for him. I would always tease her and ask if Bullwinkle has been by that day for his treat.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Too cute! I get to see deer fawns play like that. I don't have a favorite music genre, but that's a pretty Krauss song.

new topics

top topics

join