It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"This Is A Test Of The Emergency E-Gather Together System"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
This is a psychological test. This test is to see how many people on ATS will electronically gather together into this one topic, to try to make out a fair enough real type of an estimation on how the outcome would be in the event of a real emergency.

Lets see, once and for all, if the internet can get people gathered together on the very internet itself to discuss the right course of action to take in the event of a real life emegency. This topic will either succeed or fail. Once again, this is only a psychological test to see how people behave online in the event of an emergency.

What would be the things you would truely say in a topic dealing with many members during an actual crisis come over the heads of many people? What kind of advice would you be seeking or giving out during some great crisis?

Let see what can and can't be coordinated with everybody on the very internet. Lets see how people would organize in a topic. Lets see what people can offer in their communication with others if it were a real crisis.

And if this topic fails to get every member (and I mean every) of ATS in which this topic is on, then it will only mean that the internet was never a good route of way of communicating during a real life emergency crisis.

This psychological test includes the questions of: Will you be in a state of hysteria and pandemonium? Or will you remain calm and stable through, say, the crisis of all crisis, and seek to gather together with others looking to make it some way which remains to be told in how from online?

[edit on 13-5-2010 by Tormentations]

If this topic doesn't surpass that "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread in terms of replies, then we've failed as a people first and then as members of a big online message board site.
And you will know this to your grave.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by Tormentations]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Best wishes to you in this endeavor...I'm #1

I've been preparing for quite awhile and remain calm...I'm HOPING life will go on...

Beating the Market Thread will be a challenge as it started quite some time ago, but, best of luck!

[edit on 5/13/2010 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Sorry, but this thread is pretty stupid. It really serves absolutely no purpose. There's nothing to discuss. There is NO emergency, and if there was an emergency the LAST place I would go is my computer to see what ATS has to say about it.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
RUNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah, it would help if you said what the fake emergency was.

Zombie's? Alien invasion? Pandemic? War? running out of beer?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I believe it would all depend on the magnitude of the emergency in question, and how localized it would be to my current position, as well as if i was under immediate threat.

Though, let's look at it like so:

If i had time, i would explain as much of the situation as possible, in as much detail as i could, as quickly as possible. I would also give out my location (which city, area i live in) in the hopes of finding others in the viscinity who i could link up with, and to share thoughts ideas, and any plan of action that i might be formulating on the situation at the time.

If other like-minded people ARE in the area, i would try to link up with them as soon as possible, at the most secure location (once again, depending on the situation). If nobody else is within reach, i would keep calling out and asking the world at large for advice and such, all the while keeping everybody informed of the latest happenings.

Most importantly though, i would try to keep in touch with the outside as much as possible, so that i (and whoever is with me) can stay informed about what the outside world is doing about the situation.

I'm not saying that this IS 100% how i would respond, but in the event that some excrement hits the propeller-shaped cooling device, this is how i would WANT to act.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
There are actual real-life examples of this on ATS, where people discuss what is going on in certain parts of the world (e.g., the volcano eruptions and earthquakes that have been happening). As many people are affected and are interested do gather in these threads and share information, observations, any news or eyewitness reports they have available, and support and prayers. I'd expect to continue seeing this in future threads about real-life crisis situations.

So long as the internet is available, it will continue to happen during times of crisis. It may or may not gather in every single member, especially as communications may be disrupted in the event of a major disaster, or other priorities such as fleeing a dangerous area take over.

As far as the "psychological test" goes, I can only venture a guess as to how I would act. If I've been through a major disaster that I just barely survived, I'd probably be more likely to focus more on the people I'm with and my immediate surroundings to help out. Not to mention, trying every way possible to connect with family and friends to find out all the information I can about their whereabouts and well-being. It would probably only well after the fact when things have settled down that I would even make the attempt to go online (if possible) and check on things here or elsewhere, and to share information and support. I'd probably at that point be looking for information also about other areas of the world, and if the event was basically an EOTWAWKI scenario, I'd be looking for advice on survival.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by Ariel]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I don't think an emergency thread would be posted in the Philosophy & Metaphysics board first of all. Breaking News would get it more attention, and people would bother to participate if it were real. Other wise you aren't going to get many peoples attention even if it is a test..

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
This seems like a useless experiment or a simple attempt to be the creator of a very popular thread. Also, stating that if every ATS member doesnt participate then the internet is a failure for folks to gather information during an emergency? I cant think of a comment for that statement that would not sound like a flame, so I will let a more experienced poster address that.

new topics

top topics

join