It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police remove David Cameron 'wanker' poster

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Worrying.

A man who placed a poster of David Cameron containing the word "wanker" in his window has described how police handcuffed him in his home on election day, threatened him with arrest, and forcibly removed what they said was offensive campaign literature.

David Hoffman, 63, said police went "completely over the top" when they visited his home in Bow, east London, and demanded he take down the poster, which had been fixed to his window for weeks.

www.guardian.co.uk...

For those of you who are unaware of this English swear word, it equates to 'mastabator'.

You have blame laws introduced during Labour's tenure for this complete abuse and probabley illegal use of police power. I think at least the Con-Lib coalition may well roll back this erosion of civil liberties under Labour.

Those of us who are concerned about the erosion of civil liberties under the Labour government, and the assault on human rights as part of the “War on Terror,” will be watching the government closely. On ID cards, both parties pledged to scrap Labour’s much-criticized scheme, and wasted no time in announcing today that the scheme would indeed be scrapped.

To follow, apparently, are plans to scrap the next generation of biometric passports, to review the libel laws in England and Wales “to protect freedom of speech,” and to regulate the use of CCTV cameras, in particular as used by local authorities. As Channel 4 News’ Home correspondent Andy Davies explained today, “There will almost certainly be a reduction in the capacity for the DNA database to store samples taken from people arrested but not convicted. The national child database in England (‘Contactpoint’) is likely to be abandoned.”

warincontext.org...

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
is it for our civil libertys or because they'd struggle to buy a bag of chips the way things are at the moment ?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
lol i like it!!!

strange that they only remove it on election day

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

Bet the police said something along the lines of -
''Bow down to your new leader, you pesky commoner!"

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Like always the police go after someone doing nothing, i wonder what have been the reaction if the wa1ker poster was for blair.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

we should all get one then they will have to arrest us all and then paper headlines guess what "cameron is a wanker" just as they did with labour and the jokes,
honestly them 2 look like a pair of foofs

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

To be fair i don't think any of this has anything to do with the fact it was directed at Cameron. It was on election day when the result was still unclear.

Now don't get me wrong i find a lot of what the Tories are and stand for apphorent and feel they will make an even greater mess of the economy by cutting too big too fast.

However this creation of a surveillence society happened under Labour.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I think its ridiculous, I would have asked the cops to prove that David Cameron is not infact a 'wanker'

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

i'd love it to go to court " the defence would like to call mrs camron to the witness box" "the denfece would like the jury to have a look at evidence bag A and B one tube of hand cream and one seamen encrusted sock"

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

LOL of course the police went over the top they always do over silly things like this but yet theres rapists, murderer's and all sorts running round this country they need to concentrate on these people a bit more I think, I mean come on this guy calling cameron a wa#ker is nothing I mean he's only being honest cameron is a wa#ker just like the rest of them.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
I think its ridiculous, I would have asked the cops to prove that David Cameron is not infact a 'wanker'

Haha! You are fantastic, thank you!

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Whether Cameron is a wanker or not will be proved over the next 5 years or however long the coalition lasts. Still it is this man's and anyone else'es right to say or wirte that.

Here's some examples of Labour's curbs on civil liberties.

Almost 60 new powers contained in more than 25 Acts of Parliament have whittled away at freedoms and broken pledges set out in the Human Rights Act and Magna Carta, according to a new audit of laws introduced since Labour came to power in 1997.

The dossier, compiled by the Convention on Modern Liberty, criticises police powers to detain terror suspects for 28 days without charge, new stop-and-search powers handed to police (allowing them to stop people without reason at airports and other designated areas), and restrictions on the right of peaceful protest.

www.independent.co.uk...

top topics

join