It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daily Show: Americans Need to Start Publicly Shaming Our Outgoing Politicians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Daily Show: Americans Need to Start Publicly Shaming Our Outgoing Politicians

If the recent British elections have taught us anything, it’s that we’re not mean enough to our politicians.

On Wednesday’s Daily Show, Jon Stewart and John Oliver discussed the various techniques Britain employed to shame former prime minister Gordon Brown on his way out: He was kicked out of his house, forced to call the queen, and dragged in front of a slew of camera people — with his family in tow.

It makes one think: couldn’t we have been a little meaner to George W. Bush last January?

Watch it:

Video and source

Oh we definitely need to publicly voice our irritations, opinions and even shame our politicians... Really though, we all do need to speak up more.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The problem here is that we would need a mass media outlet in order to acomplish this. The MSM would NEVER get on board with this as they are the modern equivalent to the Ministry of Propaganda and they work FOR the government. So...... unless and until we find a mainstream media outlet to perpetuate the "Shaming", you will never see it - not here in America.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

There is currently no media outlet that is purely based upon real issues and exposure. It is in my best judgement that The Dylan Ratigan Show on MSNBC is by far the best at exposing corruption, ignorance and manipulation.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Agreed! But even then, I think that some of this is permitted and perpetrated by the MSM to give an air of autheticity and objectivism. The days of "REAL Journalism" are long since passed. All that remains are a few pretty and handsome faces that parrot EXACTLY what they are told. Right, wrong or indifferent - that is precisely where MSM is today.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Why bother shaming them as they're on their way out? If it's an incumbent who has just lost his or her seat after 20+ years in Congress, there's little to be gained by rubbing salt in the wound. The people already uprooted them from their seat and the ousted politician is plenty shamed enough.

Just seems to me like an immature tactic, but then again I consider the source. If this came from the Daily Show then I'm not surprised.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by sos37]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
How come the people that want all these truths out will not tell there truths. Geezer on daily show likes bringing out his truths about others, why has no truths come out against him, and his show?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

I agree that it's pretty pointless to try and shame a leaving politician, but this didn't come from the Daily Show. It came from the British people.

top topics

join