It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I believe in God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
1- Assuming the Big Bang occurred as the evidence suggests, where did the material in the primordial dot come from?

2- As the universe expanded, what did it expand into?

3- With the astonishing complexity of the "natural laws" controlling all things within our universe, I find it hard to believe that it could have occurred randomly, through sheer chance.

4- When I lie awake in the middle of the night, and life seems overwhelming, I am amazed by the peace that fills my heart when I pray to God,

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth1000

1- Assuming the Big Bang occurred as the evidence suggests, where did the material in the primordial dot come from?

This is a question that science can not answer. Mater cannot produce matter.In order for matter to exist something had to bring it into existence.The Bible clearly answers this question.Science cannot dispute biblical theory.
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. perhaps the big bang was God creating.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
That is really my point.

Science can give us insights into what happened AFTER the universe came into existence, but is completely incapable of giving us information on what happened before the Big Bang. Yet, since the Big Bang came from something, SOMETHING existed before the universe. And, that SOMETHING was completely unbound by the physical laws, as we know them, within the universe.

Still, many people think that science has DISPROVED the idea of God, when, if anything, it has demonstrated that SOMETHING bigger than the universe exists, because the universe itself exists.

Science can explain things that the early Bible writers could not understand or explain. Science should be a reason to believe that God MUST exist!

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Oh he exist op.. I know for a fact from what i seen in my life.

But the questions in the OP are good.

Think about the population alone. Going from 1 billion in 1700 to 6 billion in 2000s... So we 6 times it in 300 years alone yet the first 1 billion years after dinosuars we only accumulated 1 billion people.

compared to the last 300 years.

it's impossible. The Earth is around 6,000 years old.

peace.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by JesusisTruth]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
The "days" of creation could not have been a 24-hour day as we have now. After all, the sun did not show up for a long time. The pattern of creation in Genesis is similar to the pattern demonstrated by science. It is interpretations of men that cause the misunderstandings of who and what God is, and what has been included, or excluded, from what we know as the Bible. Of course, what is included or excluded depends on the version of the Bible one prefers.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
" the sun did not show up "

Well according to the bible it showed up as soon as Earth showed up.

It was only 6 days he created everything.

It's possible for God to put everything in place at the exact moments that they are supposed to exist.

The prophets say that in the end times mans knowledge will be doubled either by possesion or invoking satan who is the smartest angel I think God made.

We use very little of our brain and I think God did this so we wouldn't destroy the planet sonner than later. they also say man will try to become God near the end times, cloning, and attempting to figure out where we come from but from a flawed prospective.

Science can only do so much. It can explain several things but not everything.

peace op.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
One thing of interest is to think of all of the doubting people, down through the many centuries, who claimed that a "virgin birth" was impossible, even for God.

Now, we can do in vitro fertilization on a virgin and create this ourselves. Why doesn't anyone go back and criticise all those people who have been proven incorrect?

As for the sun, the sun was not present for the first few days, so why would those days necessarily be 24 hours?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
One thing of interest is to think of all of the doubting people, down through the many centuries, who claimed that a "virgin birth" was impossible, even for God.

Now, we can do in vitro fertilization on a virgin and create this ourselves. Why doesn't anyone go back and criticise all those people who have been proven incorrect?

As for the sun, the sun was not present for the first few days, so why would those days necessarily be 24 hours?

(truth1000)

Exactly. You see it's because mans understanding is lacking so they only think in terms of their natural states.

Like God said about the sensual man.

" They blaspheme everything they don't understand "

He can do anything at anytime any place and I have several instances in my life, trust me on this, where it's out of the natural. I can't explain what iv'e seen and how Iv'e seen it.

as for the Sun. I guess I agree, but it is the Lord who made the time zones and each day last a certain period.

I guess I'll figure that part out when I die

peace .

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Balaam was a follower of God, yet had no ties to Abraham or the Hebrews. However, God was so concerned that he NOT curse Israel that God took extensive steps to stop it. In the end, Balaam blessed Israel instead of cursing them.

However, who was Balaam, what "religion" did he practice, and why was God specifically NOT wanting that curse against Israel?

God is God, but religion, as we know it today, is not necessarily the best way to serve Him.

top topics

join