It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Viewing replies to post?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Is there a way to that we can view individual replies and responses to our post within a thread? If not I would like to be able to see who has replied directly to me or quoted me without going through pages that might have stacked on top of my post.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Sorry at this moment in time we do not have that feature, But im sure it will be taken in to consideration for future ATS designs,

Asala

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
great idea, I was just thinking the same thing. Maybe a section on MyATS where you can view all responses directed at you. Also maybe a little sound bite or update when your thread has been flagged or starred?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
there should be a notification pop up or something or reminder when you get a reply a bit like facebook maybe

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
exactly thats the first thing that i wondered when i came across this website. this should be a top priority,we cant even know who replied.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Count me in fo' dat, y'all. I'm still trying to figure out how to put a picture under my screen name. When I go through the steps I keep getting to a point that tells me I can't watch the tutorial because my parent controls are on. So at first I'm thinkin' "why would they have naked people showing me how to do this while dropping the f-bomb every few words?" Then I go to make sure they're not on, which they're not, and it does the same thing all over again. Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over, expecting differing results? Downloading in one place, saving in another, html something or other, I have finally given up for now because I've convinced myself someone will create a less complicated way to stick a picture under there.....like drag and drop for dummies. And I wouldn't be surprised in the least if I'm making it much more complicated than it actually is.
I was also wondering if there was a tally somewhere on the ATS profile page for the stars acquired on original &/or response posts (other than the Flag Contribution thermometer, if that's what it's for). Hopefully that's not a retarded question. I've looked at several "how to" and "what-it-is" forums and usually feel like I spend more time switching between "this question has already been answered in xxxx forum" than getting any useful info pertinent to my dilemma.
There are some seriously smart mo'fo's on ATS, so I know dey be's sombody up in her dat can hook us up, fo' realz yo.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by WashMoreFeet
I was also wondering if there was a tally somewhere on the ATS profile page for the stars acquired on original &/or response posts

The number of stars is on the profile page under the number of flags- printed in a light blue colour, so you really have to squint to see it if you haven't changed the background colour.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
i have a similar question. I noticed that some members, when you look at their threads, you can see how many views each of their threads they have. How does one enable that, is that possible? Thanks. Sorry for piggybacking on your question!

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I was struggling reading the replies too.

Thanks for the help!

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

All that is visible now would be Flags and responses, We used to have a view feature years ago so it could be seem maybe on an older thread.

So to answer
At this moment in time there is no enable for that feature.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

there should be a notification pop up or something or reminder when you get a reply a bit like facebook maybe

To further expand on this idea, I believe that a spring loaded boxing glove should burst through your monitor at the moment when someone replies to you. Can we enable this feature?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Laugh. My. A. -OFFFFFF....omagah, like, I just snorted my drink onto my laptop.

Maybe you could figure out a way to insert a sound-bite into the glove so when it popped out it said "BOO-yah" or "yeeeaah boiiii"

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
This would be an cool feature to have. It is annoying going through multiple pages of posts in order to see if anyone is speaking to me.

ATS, please make this happen

-v

top topics

join