It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SABOTAGE: Did Halliburton lay waste to Gulf Rig with explosives?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
Sorry guys but i have nothing. No one is talking, because there is a very big blaming game going on behind the curtains. Its all about the money and people are afraid of their jobs.

There is more to the story you can bet:

U.S. Said to Allow Drilling Without Needed Permits

WASHINGTON — The federal Minerals Management Service gave permission to BP and dozens of other oil companies to drill in the Gulf of Mexico without first getting required permits from another agency that assesses threats to endangered species — and despite strong warnings from that agency about the impact the drilling was likely to have on the gulf.

Those approvals, federal records show, include one for the well drilled by the Deepwater Horizon rig, which exploded on April 20, killing 11 workers and resulting in thousands of barrels of oil spilling into the gulf each day. The Minerals Management Service, or M.M.S., also routinely overruled its staff biologists and engineers who raised concerns about the safety and the environmental impact of certain drilling proposals in the gulf and in Alaska, according to a half-dozen current and former agency scientists. Those scientists said they were also regularly pressured by agency officials to change the findings of their internal studies if they predicted that an accident was likely to occur or if wildlife might be harmed. Under the Endangered Species Act and the Marine Mammal Protection Act, the Minerals Management Service is required to get permits to allow drilling where it might harm endangered species or marine mammals. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, or NOAA, is partly responsible for protecting endangered species and marine mammals. It has said on repeated occasions that drilling in the gulf affects these animals, but the minerals agency since January 2009 has approved at least three huge lease sales, 103 seismic blasting projects and 346 drilling plans. Agency records also show that permission for those projects and plans was granted without getting the permits required under federal law. “M.M.S. has given up any pretense of regulating the offshore oil industry,” said Kierán Suckling, director of the Center for Biological Diversity, an environmental advocacy group in Tucson, which filed notice of intent to sue the agency over its noncompliance with federal law concerning endangered species. “The agency seems to think its mission is to help the oil industry evade environmental laws.” Kendra Barkoff, a spokeswoman for the Minerals Management Service, said her agency had full consultations with NOAA about endangered species in the gulf. But she declined to respond to additional questions about whether her agency had obtained the relevant permits.

cont...

www.nytimes.com...

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr dodge
reply to post by spy66

I do understand exactly what you are talking about
very well said

I also completely understand. I was a mud logger, then mud engineer for NLBaroid in the 70's.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by inthesticks

Originally posted by dr dodge
reply to post by spy66

I do understand exactly what you are talking about
very well said

I also completely understand. I was a mud logger, then mud engineer for NLBaroid in the 70's.

Yes, you would for sure know what i was talking about.

I got some new news this morning. I got a mail to day saying they only had one good test on the cement plug. I am still waiting news on what reservoir pressure would be. Because without it calculating the production pressure (WHP) would be a guessing game.

PS. when you guys are surfing for information, try and see if you can see any information about:

1. what casing size the production liner was set in.

2. See if you can see any information about the MUD that they used.
With the MUD wight i could figure out the BHP of the well.

3. Anything about pressure before the disaster. 30 000 psi and a 170 000 psi is not realistic pressures fro well pressure. Those ratings are most likely pressure ratings/tolerance on the BOP and marine raiser.

A well with a depth of 2438.4mRKB down to the reservoir would most likely not have pressures exceeding 5000-7000 psi. A reservoir has its highest pressure at the lowest section of the reservoir formation.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

Great post. I think there is a lot of truth in this information. This is probably also the reason why its so difficult to gather any specific Intel on this event as well.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
hahaha. Same vein for oil, plate movement, oil tidal waves, man come on guys! You cannot just make stuff up and have it be fact lol.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by A-E-I-Owned-You
hahaha. Same vein for oil, plate movement, oil tidal waves, man come on guys! You cannot just make stuff up and have it be fact lol.

When you stumble across some hard evidence to piece together an official story... Chime right in. What we do know is they've tapped an underwater volcano with about 10,000 times more gas than oil. It's eating away at the rock table while shooting out sediments like a sand blaster. If this were to continue, it would quite possibly collapse the sea bed. Several hours of logs are missing. I forget... What was your input again? Oh, that's right... You don't have any yet.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Great post. I think there is a lot of truth in this information. This is probably also the reason why its so difficult to gather any specific Intel on this event as well.

Allow me to ask you this... What is the possibility of this gusher eating at sediment then causing a collapse? There are several speakers with grand enough credentials to give weight to the debate. I'm interested in your take...

[edit on 15-5-2010 by Americanist]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist

Allow me to ask you this... What is the possibility of this gusher eating at sediment then causing a collapse? There are several speakers with grand enough credentials to give weight to the debate. I'm interested in your take...

[edit on 15-5-2010 by Americanist]

I am not 100% sure about what you mean by this. BUt i will try to answer it as i understand you question.

My answer is yes, a reservoir of this state will cause a collapse or sinking of formation at some point if they are not able to stop the leak.

This oil,water and gas leak is not just pushing up oil,water and gas, but it is also bringing up the formation sediments with it as well. We call this for a wash out.
This will open the reservoir even more and expose the well to a larger aria of the reservoir. This will eventually eat at the cement sealing of the casing to the formation higher up. The pressure might even fracture the cement and formation along side the casing leading up to the sea bed. Creating even a larger leak.

But there are some factors to look at.

1. what type of formation does the reservoir consist of.

2. In what part of the formation does the well penetrate the reservoir cap.

3. What type of formation layers are there from the sea bed to the reservoir cap.

4. The geography of the formation.

5. The geography span of the reservoir. Does it interact with other reservoirs at other locations geographically.

6. What is the estimated total oil,water and gas cut in the total geographical reservoir.

7. Where is the peak reservoir pressure located geographically. Compare to the well.

8. How is the well built and drilled. What is the deviation of the well from sea bed to the penetrating location on the reservoir. And what is the minimum ID of the casing.

This well is open to free air as we call it. Even though it is under 1500 feet of water. The only restriction this oil,water and gas leak is affected directly by at this time is: friction from the well itself and by the hydrostatic pressure from the sea above the leak point.

-The cement plug is washed out because there is no choke installed to reduce the flow of oil,water and gas. This a 100% open well within the restrictions of the well and depth to air.

The formation will not collapse or sink where the well is drilled. Usually all production wells are drilled where the formation pressure will help produce most oil, with the help of the reservoir pressure itself. The highest geographical pressure point of the reservoir, is the location where the reservoir will lose pressure first. And it is at this location the formation will start to sink or collapse first.

I am not sure if i have answered your question. BUt i hope this will help some.

EDIT to add: The geographical point where the pressure is affecting the leak the most, is also where they have to drill the wells that would help release the pressure on the leaking well.

There are other methods, but that would ruin the reservoir for future wells.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Looks like you might be able to paint a picture with this story:

Scientists find giant oil plumes under Gulf One is about 10 miles long, 3 miles wide and 300 feet thick

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist
reply to post by spy66

Looks like you might be able to paint a picture with this story:

Scientists find giant oil plumes under Gulf One is about 10 miles long, 3 miles wide and 300 feet thick

www.abovetopsecret.com...

To be able to say much about this observation. I would have to know the quality and temperature of the oil poring out of the leak point.

If the oil is bound to other substances like water or is cooled down significantly do to expansion on its way up the well it would take longer to migrate to the surface.

THe chemicals that BP are trying to mix into the oil at the leaking point, might be causing this observation. Pressure tends to alter chemicals and cause a different effect than intended. Because pressure either mixes or separate chemicals from its original bindings.

But to be honest i am not sure.

But i can say something about the reservoir. What we see now might not be the peak of leakage. Oil is pushed to surface by the gas and water pressure in the reservoir. If more gas is mixed into this leak, the faster it will push oil to the surface. The gas will cause a significant danger to boats near by, because of the gas expanding to surface. And there is no way they would be able to put a floating rig over the location, it would probably sink or tip over do to the buoyancy loss, do to the migrating gas bubbles coming up to surface.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
PS.

When i am talking about oil mixed with water "oil quality". I mean the reservoir water and not sea water. If the oil is mixed with reservoir water it will migrate at at slower speed when it comes in contact with sea water. That is probably why there is a lot of oil observed in layers above the sea bed.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

So does anyone know what are the gas deposits? I've heard methane and natural gas.

I've also heard before that methane eruptions from the seabed can cause bouyancy loss in the most extreme sense. That could be what originally sunk the rig?

That could also be a reason why nukes are ruled out to close the reservoir. Guess we'll know if they pull every vessel out of the area.

Anyways, the official story will be glossed over. Nobody wants to admit blame, even though BP already did.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join