It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Underwater Images of the Gulf Oil Leak (What BP Won't Show You) [Updated]

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

First Underwater Images of the Gulf Oil Leak (What BP Won't Show You) [Updated]

www.treehugger.com

BREAKING: The pressure from citizens, the media, and politicians must have got to BP, because they finally released a video from the gushing oil leak! Check it out below (at the end of the post).

Independent Scientists and Engineers Need Acces to This Video!
It has become clear that BP has been monitoring the gushing oil leaks in the Gulf of Mexico almost from the start, and that if they wanted to they could release video to show people what is really going on. But so far they have kept tight control over access to the video feeds and all that we could get our hands on are those still imag
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Pretty interesting that BP has kept these images concealed from the public. Like the article says, there are thousands of scientists all over the world that could have some very ideas about how to stop this, and these recordings are critical pieces of info. Is it too crazy to think that sonmeone outside of BP and the army might have an idea on how to stop this disaster?

www.treehugger.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Unbelievable. My entire Finals week has been # because I can't stop thinking about this. When I'm in class I can't help but wonder: "How many of these people go home and actually care about this?"

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
it seems like this shouldn't take weeks to solve this problem....as far as the effects it has on the environment, is unfortunate....but the actual situation they face doesn't seem so difficult.... especially if they would have had the safety acoustics

[edit on 13-5-2010 by mslag67]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by newBodyoldSoul

I guess if a good thing were to come from this it would be even more of a reason to release us from our dependance on fossil fuels. People usually need something big to open their eyes, im not saying this is a good thing at all, but maybe some good will come from it.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Thanks OP.....hmmmm

2nd

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I noticed the flow changed in the last video from separate gas and oil streams to a reddish mix we have seen on the surface. I for one have never seen this color come from an oil well and I have worked on two separate offshore rigs in Cali as well as done years of well work over. The reddish color has me baffled and wondering if it is Iron Oxide or what. I know it is wrong somehow to be coming up red not dark brown or black. And I know that too much time has passed for any drilling mud to be part of the flow so I really wonder what it is and why it has not been looked into or mentioned except in posts here.
N.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Federal officials should have started burning oil off the surface of the Gulf last week, almost as soon as the spill happened, said the former oil spill response coordinator for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

Ron Gouguet, who also managed Louisiana's oil response team for a time, said federal officials missed a narrow window of opportunity to gain control of the spill by burning last week, before the spill spread hundreds of miles across the Gulf, and before winds began blowing toward shore.

He also said the heavy use of dispersants, which cause oil to sink, has likely knocked so much oil into the water column that portions of the Gulf may be on the threshold of becoming toxic to marine life. Add in the oil spreading into the water as it rises from the seafloor, and Gouguet said he expected officials would have to think about limiting the use of the dispersants.

blog.al.com...

They did not handle it well
Also:

Please Look at this:
DEVASTATING: Video Shows Feds Knew Of Potential Ecological Disaster Immediately After Rig Explosion

Federal officials knew of the potential ecological disaster after the oil rig explosion on April 20th.

Video from NOAA site shows officials knew quickly of potential for massive oil flow
gatewaypundit.firstthings.com...

Please click on the gatewaypundit link to watch video!

This is sickening!

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by N.of norml

I read in a different thread that crude oil in the Persian Gulf is reddish colored, due to selenium in the oil. They also noted that oil with selenium in it is much more toxic.
I can't verify any of this info, just what someone else posted.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Wow, the rabbit hole goes deeper! Very interesting video. Again I believe this will encite rage against the oil companies. Might just be the great push we need to start using cleaner sources of energy. It is sickening that this sort of a wake up call was needed. I wonder when the E.T.'s will step in. There is a history of them intervening when an ecological disaster looms.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by N.of norml

I read in a different thread that crude oil in the Persian Gulf is reddish colored, due to selenium in the oil. They also noted that oil with selenium in it is much more toxic.
I can't verify any of this info, just what someone else posted.

Yes I read that also but was under the impression it was confined to persian gulf crude.
If in fact it is Selenium causing this red color kiss the gulf goodbye, kiss any fishing on the east coast goodbye and say hello to beaches full of dead creatures washing up.
Gotta wonder now if this is the reason for the "down low" on info.
N.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Im pretty sure this film was shown by bpusa , and is actually from them ,so how exactly is this a cover up?

here you go that very film released by bp.....news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by gambon
Im pretty sure this film was shown by bpusa , and is actually from them ,so how exactly is this a cover up?

here you go that very film released by bp.....news.bbc.co.uk...

If you read the article, it states that BP has been monitoring the spill underwater with submarines since it first happened weeks ago. The videos were just released. The problem is they could have released the videos when it first happened, but they were more worried about damage control.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by bringthelight]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
And they called it a "spill."

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Watch how much oil is spewing out at the end:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by bringthelight

no the title says the film bp wont show you , when thats exactly what they are doing

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Dunno why everyone is jumping on BP, the company involved was swiss contracted by BP and the workers and rig are from a US company.

This disaster is gonna cause a lot of people and animals to be VERY unhappy.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by gambon
reply to post by bringthelight

no the title says the film bp wont show you , when thats exactly what they are doing

I can see why there is confusion, but I think the article was released before BP released the footage. Thats why there was an [updated] at the end of the title. The videos were the update.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join