It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leader of Brazil's Homosexual Movement Admits Existence of Ex-Gays

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Oh, boy, am I gonna get flamed for this one.

Adding to the debate regarding whether people are born gay or make the decision to become gay, a leader of the homosexual movement in Brazil has said publicly, on Brazillian TV, that he is an ex-heterosexual and that some people can decide to become ex-gays.

Leader of Brazil's Homosexual Movement Admits Existence of Ex-Gays

Says, "we need you heterosexuals, we love you so that you may reproduce children to become homosexuals"

BRAZIL, May 12, 2010 (LifeSiteNews.com) - Luiz Mott, the undisputed leader of Brazil's homosexual movement, has admitted on national television that no one is born homosexual, and that people can change their sexual orientations.

In a recent appearance on the highly popular late night talk show "Programa do Jô" aired on Brazil's Globo network, Mott told the host that he is a "former heterosexual."

"I am an ex-heterosexual in the same way that there are ex-gays, people that were not 100% homosexual," said Mott. "They had some experiences, did not like them and then joined the other side."

Although Mott attributed change to people who were "not 100% homosexual," he made it clear to host Jô Soares that he believes that "all human beings have, as Freud said it, a bisexual desire," and that sexual preference is something fluid and changeable.

"Fortunately human sexuality is cultural and constructed and can change. I think I am not going to change anymore because I am very much accustomed and happy," he told Soares.

Read more: Life Site News

Here's the vid with English subtitles:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
It's actually kind of cute how this is touted as being an "admission" and "truth comes out of the closet"

I thought it was pretty well known that sexuality is a spectrum. No one is 100% one or the other. Everyone is bisexual to a greater or smaller extent.

And the gradual orientation of a given individual can change over time.
And of course social and cultural circumstances are contributing factors.

For instance if someone represses homosexual urges over a lifetime these urges are never resolved and may lead to unfortunate instances involving male prostitutes

On the other hand some may go through periods of curiosity and experimentation only to become straight because it was not for them after all.

But in the video it's being touted as an expose of the gay agenda or some such nonsense, which is obviously ridiculous.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrVertigo
It's actually kind of cute how this is touted as being an "admission" and "truth comes out of the closet"

I thought it was pretty well known that sexuality is a spectrum. No one is 100% one or the other. Everyone is bisexual to a greater or smaller extent.

And the gradual orientation of a given individual can change over time.
And of course social and cultural circumstances are contributing factors.

I see where you're coming from, this should be common sense stuff to anyone out there. Problem is, there are plenty of folks out there who swear that homosexuality is inborn and not a choice.

Check out these threads:

Is a Choice: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not a Choice: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The debate rages on.

I thought it was interesting that a gay rights leader would admit that he believes that it is a choice when gay rights groups here in the US are so insistant that they are born that way.

new topics

join