It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WE Have Cows! : OK tornadoes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Picked a hell of day to drive through OK...
As many of you know I'm moving this week and my journey is taking my right through the worst hit parts of central OK

six EF-3 tornadoes, one EF-2 and three EF-1

local new reported 250 boats damaged in a marina several houses torn up... power was out in big swaths of the country side..

We got all the way to Elk city here in OK around 9pm local time just as another set or tornado warnings went up making us seek shelter...

glad we missed the worst of it but it was really nasty...

PS sorry no photos the hotel here wont let me into that port post some in a few days after we finish the trip
Tornado Narrowly Misses Driver Near Oklahoma/Kansas State Line

[edit on 13-5-2010 by DaddyBare]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
So where are the cows???

[HOAX]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
LOL. Welcome to Oklahoma! There were tornadoes popping up all over the place. I think the final count that day was 22 tornadoes. Not sure how many of those touched ground but I know quite a few of them did because several of them were in my neighborhood.

We had one touch down on Hwy. 9 about 3 miles behind me. Another one on Etowah Road right after we passed that road. It was a little harrowing but all is well. Mobile home remains intact (not the one down the road) and the power was back on rather quickly.

We're kind of used to tornadoes here but 22 in one day is a bit different even for us.

Yall come back now, ya hear.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Yes but he promised cows, I see not cow one!

[HOAX]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Do the pictures you haven't shown us, have the cows? I went through Katrina, and Rita, and the cows outside in these storms amazed me. They know just how to stand, to keep from being blown away in the high winds.

I don't know where you are planning on moving to, and wish you the best of luck, but, do you feel like you are cursed in anyway?

It's seems like you jumped out of the frying pan, into the fire!

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
dammit man! where are the cows?!

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

If you want to see a cow so bad, here's a pic of one:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
MOOOOOoooo!!! Can we please keep the talk of cows to a minimum? My ex-wife may hear and think we are calling her!!!
sorry couldn't resist...

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
dammit man! where are the cows?!

Damn it man!!! This literally made me LOL! Thank you I really needed that
though unfortunately I think you may have an unhealthy obsession with cows. Does this obsession extend to other livestock

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
There were 5 deaths that day. A boy was killed due to flying debris.

People in California live with the constant threat of earthquakes; people on the coasts live with the threat of hurricanes, those of us in tornado alley learn to deal with the threat of tornadoes.

The movie "Twister" was filmed in Oklahoma and I think that's where the flying cows comes into the picture. That movie showed a cow being blown away during a twister. I haven't heard of any flying cows during the most recent bout of tornadic activity but if anyone really wants to see flying cows they can rent the movie.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by azrael36
MOOOOOoooo!!! Can we please keep the talk of cows to a minimum? My ex-wife may hear and think we are calling her!!!
sorry couldn't resist...

Oh,you are sooo bad!
If I were your wife you would be eating peanut butter
and jelly sandwiches for dinner for a long time!
Oh,I just noticed it is your EX you were talking about.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Funny you should say pnut butter n jelly specifically. As a child I would tell people that my was blah blah pnut butter n jelly blah...
Hehehehe this day just keeps gettin better n better

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I do not have pictures of these recent tornadoes. Or of flying cows.

I do however have real local pictures of an Oklahoma tornado result from a few years ago -- with the unfortunate result on cows, too. If that's even close.

I won't post the pic here because it is sad. But the link is: www.palyne.com...

That tornado nearly hit us, swerved at the last minute, and annihilated the tiny town 4 miles away.

RC

[edit on 13-5-2010 by RedCairo]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by RedCairo

I won't post the pic here because it is sad.

It is VERY sad...

I censored a pic from your link...

It's still sad...

peace

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
so! he likes cows.
www.cartoonstock.com...
XXXX
pole dance

[edit on 13-5-2010 by buddha]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Ok, she is cute...but I was expecting flying, swirling cows from this tornado thread.

and definetely not poor, sad, dead cows

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
sorry it took so long to reply... I was using the hotel's Internet connection that day, we still don't have phone or Internet out at the new place yet, hoping that comes soon... there's been a number of tornadoes pass threw this part of Kansas too. but that night back in OK was one wild ride>>>
yes we mead it to the new house all safe and sound... Just love the new place too... cant take a step in the woods behind the place without stomping on wild blackberries! Yesterday we saw the biggest coyote I ever seen... had to be three feet tall... that's a big one folks...
had some trouble adjusting to the humidity... coming from the rocky mountains it a huge climate change but were all glad to be here and later in the survival thread I'll post photos of the new place and wildlife were finding as our neighbors here...

PS I was referring to the movie Twister in my title but if you wish I'll hunt up a photo of a flying cow if its means that much to you...

Keep your heads down, you never know when one will come flying at you

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Glad to know you and yours made if safe and sound, even with all the commotion and sadness of tornado action.

Do keep us posted!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Here's my favorite cow....doing her part to fight Global Warming!!

Not sure how'd she fare in a tornado, though....maybe she could fart her way out of danger?

top topics

join