It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Deal with the Threat of N.Korea's Special Forces?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   

How to Deal with the Threat of N.Korea's Special Forces?

english.chosun.com

The threat of North Korea's special forces has recently become much more real to many people. And while that is good, a considerable portion of what has recently made headlines was published in the 2008 defense white paper. The white paper said North Korea boosted the number of special forces troops from 120,000 to 180,000 and deployed them in the frontline divisions, and reinforced special warfare capabilities by conducting night-time, mountain and street-fighting exercises.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
The DPRK's special forces troops number at least 100,000 (that's roughly ten divisions), which are capable of waging unconventional warfare against U.S. and ROK forces in the event of a resumed Korean War.

Their training combines that of a spy agency and a commando group. DRPK commando forces can use An-2 Colt biplanes and minisubs to infiltrate South Korea, just as they have done in the past.

In 1996 (if I have the year right), a group of DPRK commandos entered South Korean soil by minisub and several of them managed to evade detection for 49 days until a motorist spotted them and called the cops, who in turn called the ROK army. They were promptly killed. Only one managed to cross the DMZ back into the DPRK.

english.chosun.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13/5/2010 by ironfalcon]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I would not get carried away, even though i know nothing of militaries, i would guess n koreas special forces, are basic soldiers, not like the wests or russias special forces.

They use the term special forces very loosely don't they,lol.

[edit on 5/13/2010 by andy1033]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

its underestimating the enemy that causes failure and loss.

maybe the americans and russians have better technology to support their special forces but an EMP can take care of that and level the playing ground.

i think north korean special forces are well trained and organised.

remember Vietnam?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

But remember iraq too, there special forces where just like ordinary soldiers really.

The term special forces is too easily put around. I seriously doubt these special forces are anything like the ones in the major countries. But they may specialize in some things i suppose.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

i'm an iraqi and the iraqi special forces where the only force in iraq that fought for saddam hussein. in fact when the USA pushed in and the iraqis saw an american victory, many iraqi soldiers turned against those special forces because nobody liked those cruel dogs who were only good at torturing and killing their own people.

iraqi special forces fought in the deserts and they started to run away after the coalition forces broke their defence in basra, the koreans will fight in mountains and jungles. big difference.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
50k on the border?

easy solution.

If you see them cross the border, tactical nuke or fuel/air bomb their butt.

Have several dozen ready for the human waves that will follow. There is no other solution.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ironfalcon

I had a buddy who was stationed in S. Korea, He said that the rumor was the North’s SF was a highly trained bunch Troops. There better then Crack Infantry soldiers, but nowhere on the realm of Army Rangers or Marine Recon... And they certainly cannot compare to our SF. But there numbers is where there power is...

However I should mentioned estimates from the ROK army put N. Koreas war fighting at roughly 3 weeks to a 2 months. (that’s beans bullets armor, etc.) So if they don’t crush the combined forces of the ROK And America they would lose. It is also worthy to note that North Korea, has the largest artillery battiers in the world even though there outdated, they can still destroy everything from the DMZ to Seoul.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
when a team of SF soldiers moves to clear any given structure in urban warfare, should said structure be occupied by holstiles they are looking at 40% casualties just to take the house. a little creativity and a few low-key home improvements and you can change that to 100%. Unless they just hold firm from a distance and call arty, in which case if you can't run faster than a 155mm mortar shell, you are screwed.
For all the would be minutemen and militias preparing for an invasion,
just remember the easiest way to win a fire fight takes three simple steps.
1. Make contact and close with the enemy.
2. Gain superiority of fire.
3. While providing suppression and covering fire, have another team in your element maneuever and flank, prefarably in a manner in which the enemy does not notice until it is too late.

in the marines we just called it "find'em, fix'em, and f@#%'em.
Another thing is the vast majority of North Koreans have never seen combat. At this point in our history, a large part of our military has. Individual combat experience on the battlefield is invaluable and trumps peacetime training drills any day.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Ancient_Fury

This is so true, that’s why you have seen our military downsized to a leaner more lethal fighting force. (which I think we should have a very large standing Infantry 1 mill should suffice and they should be mainly reservist) but the key to beating the American Military is getting around the technology, we saw that was an easy feat for Iraqi and Afghan fighters to do... The VC stalemated us, and the Afghan defeated or stalemated the Mighty Soviet army. The key to fighting any military that is able to win large ground wars is just that hit and run, that’s how peasant armies have been able to defeat large more powerful armies, since the invention of the gun.

new topics

top topics

join