It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA and KGB 'fought over' alien body

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Posted on Pravda today:

Do you remember that 10 years ago the old black-and-white film about the postmortem examination of the alien in the USA in 1947 was broadcast all over the world?

Americans did their best to persuade the world that the film was a forgery, but failed.

The tape, the camera, the medical examiners" instruments - all this was authentic", says Boris Shurinov, Chairman of UFO Society. He has been collecting the materials on UFOs for many years.

To distract people from their film, Americans made another one - about the postmortem examination of the alien in the Soviet Union.

Full story here:

english.pravda.ru...

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Personally I don't believe anything that Pravda reports. It�s the Russian equivalent to the National Enquirer.

[edit on 7-6-2004 by kinglizard]

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Yes, that's for sure. But really it's an acount of the UFO Society guy's views and that's an interesting take on the autopsy story.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Good find, but he offers no real proof to back up his claim that its not a fake. There are a couple threads on ATS that discuss the autopsy and there is still far more evidence suggesting fake than authentic. I was unaware of similar footage from the former Soviet Union...I'll have to look into that.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I WISH WISH WISH that people would STUDY things before they came on here.

The Alien Autopsy is GARBAGE.

READ STUFF ............ dont paste GARBAGE.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Pravda makes outrageous claims all the time, as said above, it's no different than The National Enquirer. It's a tabloid.

The UFO community should read carefully and do some research on these stories before making posts like this.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Talk about blinkered.

Surely, the whole point of a forum is to discuss reportage of this sort?

This is basically a link to one UFO researcher's opinion, right or wrong/good or bad.

It wasn't intended to be a long-winded thesis or a research paper.

His claims could well be a load of rubbish, but it is surely worth considering his assertion that the Russians also have 'alien autopsy' footage.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrisjohns
Surely, the whole point of a forum is to discuss reportage of this sort?

This is basically a link to one UFO researcher's opinion, right or wrong/good or bad.

It wasn't intended to be a long-winded thesis or a research paper.

His claims could well be a load of rubbish, but it is surely worth considering his assertion that the Russians also have 'alien autopsy' footage.

The point of this forum is to discuss reports like this and as you can see...NOBODY BELIEVES IT. Perhaps these types of reports are something that are always posted in this forum? Perhaps the people in this forum are well aware of Pravda and it's ridiculous stories?

We cannot "consider" anything simply because somebody says it. I don't believe there's truth to Batboy simply because it's been "reported" on in The National Enquirer.

This board is to discuss as well as dismiss. This story has obviously been dismissed. You seem to want to believe it despite your fellow posters comments on the reputation of Pravda...that's on you.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Where did I say I believed it?

So far, no-one has dismissed this particular story, just the newspaper in which it was covered.

And as for credibility of sources, I'm laughing out loud that Pravda is considered unreliable when I compare it to some of the other one-man-band-weirdo-website sources that are regularly referenced in here.

I don't 'expect' anything from a post, but I thought someone may have more info on the Russian footage, which was the whole point.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
So you're saying that everybody who has made a comment about Pravda is ONLY commenting on Pravda's reputation and not the story?

Pravda is unreliable...as are the fringe websites based on silly, unqualified translations that are referenced by some on ATS. Nobody is arguing that. That, of course, doesn't mean Pravda and it's stories are reliable. Once again...Pravda is the Russian Enquirer. The stories in there are generally made up.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Take it easy on him. He came here and asked our opinion on a story. Can't people just explain to him why they think it's a bunk story and how Pravda is bunk as well? Don't rip on him and say how he should "study" more when he's trying to share something with us? A lot of people do there studies on this site by posting an article and listening to what is replied back. It's actually smart because it's acknowledging that many minds can solve a problem better than one.

I also think that Pravda is a junk site but it hurts no one for him to post this. The people who believe Pravda blindly deserve to be led in the wrong direction. It didn't hurt any of the others because we know it's usually a bad source.

This site is staring to get a little stuck-up and pretty soon we're gonna have to spend our points to buy access for every stinking little forum, like I just had to for the mud pit. The site is getting more narrow minded and it also seems that the people who run it are trying to limit the amount of people who can learn what everyone should have the right to know. We do have to watch out for those damn hoaxers but it's getting like the USA (still love it here however) with all the censors and changing our ways because of one or two bad apples.

Take it easy guys, none of us know the real answers and try to be more open minded. Some just like to act smarter than others and rip on newcomers. Even if we do have to suffer a little more Pravda. If you hate Pravda so much you can just stop reading once you find out it's being used as a primary source for a post.

[edit on 7-6-2004 by Mandalorianwarrior]

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
That was probably just another thing between the U.S.S.R. and the U.S. in the space race.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mandalorianwarrior
Take it easy on him. He came here and asked our opinion on a story. Can't people just explain to him why they think it's a bunk story and how Pravda is bunk as well? Don't rip on him and say how he should "study" more when he's trying to share something with us? A lot of people do there studies on this site by posting an article and listening to what is replied back. It's actually smart because it's acknowledging that many minds can solve a problem better than one.

This site is staring to get a little stuck-up and pretty soon we're gonna have to spend our points to buy access for every stinking little forum, like I just had to for the mud pit. The site is getting more narrow minded and it also seems that the people who run it are trying to limit the amount of people who can learn what everyone should have the right to know. We do have to watch out for those damn hoaxers but it's getting like the USA (still love it here however) with all the censors and changing our ways because of one or two bad apples.

Take it easy guys, none of us know the real answers and try to be more open minded. Some just like to act smarter than others and rip on newcomers. Even if we do have to suffer a little more Pravda. If you hate Pravda so much you can just stop reading once you find out it's being used as a primary source for a post.

"Take it easy on him?" lol...you do know this is an online forum and not a boxing ring right? You might want to re-read the post and ask yourself who started the "stand off" by questioning peoples opinions. Nobody is "ripping" on him at all but in the same sense not everybody likes to have to read these stories, asked their opinions and then accused of not giving wild stories and moronic publications more consideration simply because others feel this board is for the discussion of everything alien/UFO even if it's ridiculous. I've been here almost 3 years and this site is far from becoming narrow minded. Open minded doesn't mean we should set aside common sense and critical thinking. There's more than 1 or 2 "bad apples" in the UFO community and on this board...by allowing people to perpetrate untruth by spreading these articles around we're allowing ourselves to become part of "the problem".

[edit on 6/7/2004 by Sinobyte]

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I've seen both films...including the Russian version. It's even worse than the Fox one to be honest....but a similar "feel" and likely the same people behind it...

While at first glance, both are hoaxes, the timing of these is interesting, as we seemed on the verge of the revelation at the time...and perhaps these were "conditioning" aids....but stil having the out of being easily dismissed as hoaxes, as they were, but based on real events perhaps....

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Any links to the russian footage?

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 01:12 AM
link   
The National Enquirer is fantastic i wish that here in australia we had a tabloid like that cos they are a great read, and before u start of course i know that it is full of crap.

but still its funny to see what people write and claim they are real journo's

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Is this the footage that is being referenced (some stills on the link below)?

ufocasebook.com...

If so, on the surface it looks dubious and similar to the Santili 'autopsy' film.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinobyte

"Take it easy on him?" lol...you do know this is an online forum and not a boxing ring right? You might want to re-read the post and ask yourself who started the "stand off" by questioning peoples opinions.

The whole point of this is to question people's opinions and get answers this way.

Nobody is "ripping" on him at all but in the same sense not everybody likes to have to read these stories

So, ignore the thread then.

.... asked their opinions and then accused of not giving wild stories and moronic publications more consideration simply because others feel this board is for the discussion of everything alien/UFO even if it's ridiculous.

I thought this was for the discussion of everything alien/UFO ... I don't know whether its ridiculous or not which is why I posted the article.

I've been here almost 3 years and this site is far from becoming narrow minded.

That doesn't make your opinion any more or less valid than anyone else's.

Open minded doesn't mean we should set aside common sense and critical thinking.

I agree, but surely the critical thinking should be applied to the subject matter in hand. Automatically discounting everything from any particular publication is not critical or discerning in the slightest.

There's more than 1 or 2 "bad apples" in the UFO community and on this board...by allowing people to perpetrate untruth by spreading these articles around we're allowing ourselves to become part of "the problem".

I wasn't perpetuating an 'untruth' - I posted the article to try and find out board members' opinion of the Russian footage. I had never heard of it before and so that's why the subject was raised.

As far as 'bad apples' are concerned I would extend that to those members who are arrogant and dismissive of others.

Mind you, it's often the way with forums - some people tend to be far more obnoxious in the privacy of a relatively anonymous forum than they are in 'real life'.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrisjohns
Mind you, it's often the way with forums - some people tend to be far more obnoxious in the privacy of a relatively anonymous forum than they are in 'real life'.

And it's also the norm for there to be "meek", "enlightened" posters who conceal their insults in strategically worded replies while enjoying the same privacy of an anonymous forum that the obnoxious people do.

You asked for opinions on an article from Pravda, you received opinions of dismissal toward the article and Pravda, you questioned those opinions by indicating that this is an alien/UFO forum and all things should be discussed insinuating that those opinions you received were somehow incorrect for not leaning toward the article and Pravda. If you wanted opinions but didn't want opinions that dismissed Pravda and it's junk articles you should have made that clear.

new topics

top topics

join