It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the Oil Hits Land: 3 Bad-to-Worse Scenarios

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   

(May 12) -- As you read this, the sweet crude from the gulf oil spill that is engulfing the Chandeleur Islands, the crescent chain of mangroves and sand providing the last flimsy barrier protecting southeast Louisiana from the sea, will be moving relentlessly beyond them toward the mainland. The slick is expected to get there later this week, according to federal forecasters. Should those projections hold, the world will then get an answer to a grim question: Just how severe will the damage be?

Full story here

Does anyone here believe that either of those 3 scenarios will play out?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
It amazes me how slow thee governement and BP is raecting. they shuold be fined heavily for this,..exxon got off scott free more or less. yeah they spent millions in court fees* thats about it.
well, if thiers any water wells used for a home nearvy, ide consider those dead* and never usable ever again.
oil might leak into local home water supplier pipes as well. its gunnabe thier for many many MANY decades under the rocks. Chemicals from exxon vladeez are still found today in nearby streams, people fish from. in other words, the fish are contaminated/toxic at low to lid levels. worst case scenario, all dependig on where rivers lead..eco system disaster*

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
dolphins, birds fish will wash up onshore coverd in oil and/or already dead*
how rediculosuly slow this is, coming from an industry that told the public it was well equiped for an oil spill

\ the same thing was said at exxon valdeez, and when the alaskan pipeline was built..it leaks at the ribits and connections so often, form lack of attetnion and needing upgraded care.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Dude, there is a spellchecker on here... Just hard to read no offense intended.

Anyway, yea I'm just going to wait and see how bad this really is. Looks like its going to be the worst environmental disaster yet... I have heard it's not yet as bad as the Exxon was, but surely this is much worse?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by vehemes terra eternus
Dude, there is a spellchecker on here... Just hard to read no offense intended.

Was this in reply to me?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

Hey Blackout, it looks like one of my friends has been using my account. I didn't make the previous post but I think he was referring to ziggy. He shouldn't be ranting about that anyway. I will scold him.

Now, I haven't researched this disaster much but from what I gather it seems to be far worse than most media outlets are letting on.

Hard to know if the slow clean up or perhaps even the event itself was staged. The media now has another distracting story to endlessly harp on about. There was a montage on The Daily Show where about 15 or so mainstream mouthpieces were declaring "This is Obamas Katrina!".

I really hope the damage isn't too severe. I guess time will tell how bad it really is. In the mean time we need to reach critical mass so we can stop these oil and financial inbreds from destroying this beautiful planet.

Peace

new topics

top topics

join