It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia, Turkey call for Hamas inclusion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Russia, Turkey call for Hamas inclusion

www.presstv.ir

Russia and Turkey have called for the inclusion of the democratically elected Palestinian government of Hamas in Middle East peace talks.

"Unfortunately Palestinians have been split into two… In order to reunite them, you have to speak to both sides. Hamas won elections in Gaza and cannot be ignored," Turkish President Abdullah Gul said during a joint press conference with his Russian counterpart Dmitry Medvedev in Ankara on Wednesday.

"Undoubtedly, all parties to this problem should be included more actively (in the process) in order to reach a solution. The process should not ex
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.worldjewishcongress.org
www.siasat.com
www.rebelnews.org
sdjewishworld.wordpress.com

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I think they are looking at this from the right direction, though you will never get the US and Israel on board. I fond it so hypocritical that the US touts how it is spreading democracy and freedom all over the world... just as long as that democracy works in a way that is favorable to US and/or Israeli interests. We can't say, "you have the freedom to choose who and what you want, just as long as we agree with you".

However, regardless of that little fiat, it is important to get all involved at the peace table. Even still, I think there is little hope for peace. It would seem that Israel doesn't want compromise and the Palestinians won't give up. Unless Israel is willing to give in a little or Palestine is willing to give up, we aren't going to see peace anytime soon, IMO. Russia and Turkey both know this so I'm trying to figure out the political agenda behind this, other than to send Israel a message that the international community isn't backing their bid to squash Palestine into oblivion. Just my 2 cents.

--airspoon

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

join