It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 indicted on charges of accessing Obama records

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
You don't think there are people out there that did the same thing when Bush was Prez?
These nine people must have discovered something really juicy.

...or they didn't discover anything juicy at all and broke the law.

2nd line.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

This is a two edged sword here. If you want Obamas private information to be freely available, then everyone's must be freely available.

I'm no fan of Obama's but this sort of thing is getting out of control. The real story here is not Obama but the fact people trusted with this access abused that trust. Beyond that, I don't see this as very important.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Well it seems to me, the Obama haters are willing to do anything to "prove" the poor guy is not a legit citizen of this country. They're severely bitter their Man lost and now they have a Democrat in the white house. When he leaves and a white Republican steps in, they'll be happy again and pretend everything is fine. Hell, that president can lead us into a world war and they'd be content with him or her. As long he's a Republican, these "birthers" and other enemies of the president will be satisfied.

America always loved scandals, so this whole thing isn't a surprise.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

what? land of the free? whoever told you that was your enemy.

yes i know my enemies
they're the teachers who taught me to fight me
compromise, conformity, assimilation, submission
ignorance, hypocrisy, brutality, the elite

all of which are american dreams

btw, everyone trying to make this a partisan issue, clearly the guy above me was by saying "your guy lost" bla bla.

I voted for obama, and i still take great issue with what he has done to this country. He is just a continuation of the previous administration. To be oblivious to that FACT is to be willingly ignorant.

To be clear, I'd have a problem with any administration that has taken the steps obama has.

People questioning his legitimacy do so not with partisan rhetoric, but instead with a hope of ridding our country of the cancer that has infected it since the 1930's.

Hope and change may have to come with pitchforks and torches.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by djzombie]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Most candidates put their info out in the open when they are running for office, more or less like saying, 'look here, I am a good guy!"

This is not the case with Obama. What we are able to find is, well, odd.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
What we were able to find 9 people got arrested for, not suspicious at all.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by djzombie

Many of us agree with you. That is what Antonia and I were just saying, a page back. It is fine, even healthy, to scrutinize what the president says and does. But trying desperately to prove he is not an American citizen, when he has been proven so many times, is rather pathetic.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

We all react differently I suppose. I'd love to see Obama brought down before he can do any more damage, but this clearly does not help.

My way is to get people to vote out incumbents, take back Congress and in effect negate Obama.

I think Birthers mean well. They show they care with their enthusiasm. The method is just misguided.

My reasons for being against Obama are purely financial and business related but beneath the surface, I get a gut feeling this is one bad Dude. A Harvard style Wise Guy with way to much power. I think everything about him is fake. He is an illusion for the camera's while whoever is pulling his strings is securely hidden behind the curtain.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by djzombie

Nearly everyone I know who voted for Obama are wishing they had not. I've never seen this before except to a lesser degree with Carter.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Last time I checked this thread is addressing yet another questionable area that has surrounded Obama. His financial records mainly his Student loan information is the topic of debate here.

Plenty of questions are still unanswered regarding just how he financed his years at Columbia and especially at Harvard.

Even his own public financial records dating back to 2000 contradict the story told by Obama's handlers. I posted a detailed article on the subject earlier in the thread. It just doesn't add up.

We have never had a modern president surrounded by so many unanswered questions and everywhere you turn, you reach a dead end. Obama even contradicted the hospital of his own flippin birth on his own website.

His own wife has raised the red flags on 4 different occasions now. Twice about Kenya, once about Obama's very young and very single mother , and again about the student loan mystery.

It is human nature to be curious and to seek answers regarding issues that have created so much doubt. ATS is a conspiracy site for those who wish to seek out answers.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Well, I support their cause, especially for those who looked into the records as far back as a couple of years ago during his candidacy. Therefore, before much of the 'birther' allegations were put to rest.

Sometimes you have to do what you feel is right in spite of the laws. You can't praise some as heroes (like the hacker who tried to uncover the documents concerning extra terrestrial existence) and then claim these guys were villains.

With that said, they must not have discovered anything good. Especially with an indictment on the way, they wouldn't have much else to lose to come clean. Sorry to see them faced with such heavy penalties when we have real crooks in our own government pulling stunts a lot worse.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

The idiots broke the law. Therefore, they deserve to be punished. It doesn't matter if they discovered anything good or not, they went out of the way to invade someone's privacy. That's different than attempting to expose ET, sorry, but it is.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Indeed, I'm not a fan of the guy either, due to his senseless spending and due to the fact the guy's foreign policy is the same as Bush. So much for change....

I personally just feel these individuals who violated this guy's privacy are getting what they deserve.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
what would you say if i said this post is private and confidential and you could go to jail for reading it ... well it would be to late now wouldn't it.

but seriously no one owns the Internet ... so wouldn't that mean that its a public free for all and that if his information is on the Internet and able to be accessed through he Internet that anyone who uses the Internet has a right to do so ?

what would have happened if someone outside of the USA's jurisdiction accessed this information using the Internet and posted it on the Internet for other people to read ???

see what i have never understood is how some one can make laws for something that they do not own or even have a part in its creation ... wouldn't that be like me walking into your home and making rules that you don't agree on and sending you to jail if you didn't do them ??? pretty sure its exactly the same.

[edit on 13/5/10 by King Loki]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by King Loki

Nope you're wrong actually.

Your credit card information is online (if you ever ordered anything online that is) and that does NOT mean it's free for all to see without any legal issues. Some things are meant to be kept private.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

The idiots broke the law. Therefore, they deserve to be punished.

Of course it's against the law. I never said it was within the law.
And 'deserved to be punished,' yes. Within the boundaries of the law, they most definitely do. However, the point I'm making is it sounds like the equivalent of putting a man behind bars for ten years because he had a joint in his pocket.

To add further insult to injury, with as much as the government spies on us and looks into us without our consent, it seems very hypocritical of them to lambaste these fellows for looking into a man who had the potential to be running our country.

That's different than attempting to expose ET, sorry, but it is.

Compare it to those who hacked the private emails to find the information behind the climategate fiasco if it helps. The point is, sometimes we need to look to see what, if anything, is being hidden from the people.

I'm not saying they were legally correct but instead morally correct as I see it. When you are in the limelight, people are going to look into you. It may not be fair but that is the way it is. And if you will be part of governing an entire country, I support the citizen's curiosity to an extent. As in, things that are relevant to the constitution and leadership.

I frown on invading the personal space of others for irrelevant matters (who have they slept with, what sexuality are they, etc.) but remember some of the accused did the deed years ago while the topic was fresh and not well known. Had they uncovered something revealing, they would have altered history.

Sometimes the ends justify the means, in other words.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
reply to post by King Loki

Nope you're wrong actually.

Your credit card information is online (if you ever ordered anything online that is) and that does NOT mean it's free for all to see without any legal issues. Some things are meant to be kept private.

how can i be wrong ... i was asking questions ??????? is it wrong to ask questions ??? apparently so to you.

if i asked you how your day was would you scream your wrong at me ???

seems kind of a weird thing to do mate

if i dropped my credit card on the ground on a public street, would i be able to sue the person picking it up (even if he returned it to me) because he would have looked at it to pick it up when i didn't want him to look at it, or would it be the case that because it was in a public area would he be ok to see my credit card and touch it ?? same thing if i lost my wallet and they wanted to find out who i was to return it ... according to you they are breaking the law and i can sue them.

wouldn't it be the case that if you put your information in the public domain that its just bad luck if people look at it ?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I'd hope they get no more than a slap on the wrist. It is important that people trusted with this access know they can not abuse that trust though.

I won't lie, I'm curious what they found. I've been questioning how a $12,000 a year flunkie working in NYC suddenly enters Harvard with no scholarship and even more how he then in such a short time acquired a million dollar plus residence. People like you or I could never pull that off; no matter how hard or smart we worked.

What also gets under my skin is his winning his first office by getting everyone else thrown off the ballot. Had that no occurred he would be just another interesting, but obscure character nobody heard of.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
[edit on 5/13/2010 by frey51]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Over the past two years their has been mountains of info that continues to represent a cancer that has destroyed our government. How anyone could not question this (illegal individual) pretending (not such a good job on that) to be a president of this (use to be country) of free people (never really was anyway) is beyond me. WHY? can't he reveal documents required of all americans (little a). Is this individual hiding something...........NO................of course not, to those who are blind or pretend not to see. NWO!!! are you ready as though you have a choice.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join