It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man on Trial for Branding His Kids Like Cattle

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
What a horrible and disgusting thing to do to kids. I am a father and could never imagine branding my daugther, what the hell was going through this mans head?

I agree with Semper about branding this guy with a "moron" right on his forehead preferably.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

WOW

This almost rendered the Semper speechless..

I'm all about giving parents more responsibility for raising their own children..But to quote a cheesy movie line.. "With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility"..

Having raised two beautiful daughters to adulthood, I can attest the last thing I would have ever done, would have been to scar them. They were scared enough having a Cop for a dad..

Some people just don't have any business having children in their care and this just exemplifies that.

Perhaps the best punishment for this would be to publicly brand this guy with "Moron" on his chest..

Semper

www.cnsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Your spot on, spot on. "With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility", and many don't realize that. Anybody can have a child, but it takes alot of effort to raise them. This man actually thinks that it's okay to brand his kids and then they are going to defend their dad saying nothing was wrong. You would be surprised of the horrors that happen behind closed doors of family abodes, truly surprised. This man could have been brainwashing his kids to the point that they would do anything for him. I blame the mother big time in this also, I guarantee that she knows her husband is off his rocker, but she decided to stand by him either because of money or love or I can change him. When you are responsible for a life you have to look out for it. Many people shouldn't be responsible for children or other people, hell let alone themselves. This man and this woman should go to some institution for awhile and be taught what they did was wrong.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Well, he was acquitted.
Here's the article:
www.wftv.com...

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
If this was done in a branding parlor, with a professional and all that was required was parental consent, would you guys be ok with it?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
If this was done in a branding parlor, with a professional and all that was required was parental consent, would you guys be ok with it?

No, I wouldn't be OK with it. Kids don't understand or comprehend the meaning of 'forever'. All they can see is as far as tomorrow & what cool outfit they're going to wear to school. I've met enough adults who are sorry that they got the tat they did when they turned 18, 19, etc. A child can't even wrap his head around how a branding or tattoo will affect him when he's 35, 40, etc. Their father is a self-centered (beep, beep, beep)!

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

I"m not even gonna debate the American culture issue with you, I stand by what I said.

...but circumsizing a newborn male is not only deemed okay, it's the governmentally sanctioned RITUAL of PERMANENTLY MARKING male offspring...

I have no idea if there are people that do it as a ritual to mark males. I do know that some do it for religious reasons, and many do it for health reasons. There is no need for government approval for the procedure to be preformed either.

I personally believe that people should live in whatever color house they want to. I don't want anybody telling me how to live my life and I don't tell others how to live theirs, but I am entitled to my opinions and I have the right to voice them. Thanks for the pink houses comment, made me throw on some Mellencamp

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

I don't want all people to be the same, that would be very boring. I'm sorry if it offends you, but I have to be honest, No I have no tolerance for people that abuse their children. In my mind that man abused his children, in your mind he may not have. So you see we're not all the same isn't it great ?

I have no desire to force my morals and beliefs down anybody's throat. I have a desire to voice my opinion when I so choose. That's not so bad now is it, you voice yours and I voice mine.

Actually I believe that I said something like applying red hot metal to their child's flesh. I wasn't attempting to make it sound any worse than it actually is. I mean that is how it's done isn't it ? Don't they get the metal red hot and then apply it to flesh to brand ?

I'm sure they do, and I'm all for their freedom to choose to do whatever they wish to their own bodies. Like I said I don't believe those kids did that of their own free will, at least not without some form of prior abuse. I very well could be wrong, but like I said it's just my opinoin.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

It's not my place to be ok with it, it doesn't personally effect me. It would not change my opinion though. IMO he branded his children to claim them, show ownership and IMO that's wrong, you can not own another person.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Yes we are both able to have our own opinions. Lets just remember that they are opinions. And as for the branding thing, yea red hot metal sounds about right. Im pretty sure they dont do it with room temprature metal. It just makes me angry that we are a society who feels that our views are always better than the next mans, when infact they are equal most of the time. Thats the glory of having what little freedomm that we have left.

I also dont like to see people demonized for no obvious reason. Just because someone dosent understand dosent mean that have to dislike. Does it?

Anywho im rambling when i probably should be working.. Let me say this tho. Im pleased that this man was aquitted. At least some people still believe in freedom.

MessONTheFED!

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
If they all gave consent and are proud of their family and this was a sign of their pride, I can't see it being any different than a sixteen year old getting "MOM" tattooed on their arm with the parents' consent. However they should have gotten the mother's consent as well. I happen to know kids are into some crazy and weird and painful stuff these days, it may have made them feel special like a rite of passage. This is something many tribes in the world practice as well as some very large intricate tat's for example check out history channels ancient ink online or at www.historychannel.com. This is still in practice today.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
He just wanted to make sure he was getting the same kids back after they were alien or milab abducted,

not just some hybrid-clone look-alikes.

My alternative is put a really long connecting bungie cord to their ankles.

But do watch out for the tremendous snap-back when the aliens let them go. OUCH! @#%$

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Wire your own house without a licence?
You've broken the law.

Install your own plumbing without a licence?
You've broken the law.

Carry out a medical procedure without a licence?
You've broken the law.

Interact sexually with your children who agree and don't struggle?
You've broken the law. (And should be boiled alive.)

(The fact that the children had not struggled was why the jury said this was not assault.)

Inflict an injury on your children which can become seriously infected, can cause keloidosis, and leaves 3" x 3" scars which can never be removed, against the wishes of their other parent?
No worries mate, you can shove red hot iron brands onto your kids all you like so long as they agree and don't struggle.

By the way, this man used to brand his cattle. That's how come he had the branding iron. He did this to show he owned the kids, ("to bring the family closer together,") because his wife was divorcing him.

Who here would like to see a permanent injury like this on the back of their daughter's leg?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

There is a lot we don't know about the evolution of some of our countries subcultures and I can't even think to understand why someone would deign to brand their progeny...if not for some kind of need for recognition.

That would be due to a gross lack of education and a culture that encourages a divide and conquer type of fear, when it comes to people who live ‘different’ lifestyles. This fear usually manifests itself into phobias, were most people then have no genuine interest in learning about other lifestyles, out of a belief that such people aren’t ‘normal’, as such will not receive ‘absolution’, and that they represent a threat to ‘traditional values’ and are ‘wrong’ for being different.

Of course this all stems from insecurity, and a deep seeded need for validation of their lifestyle, which naturally they believe is superior, and ‘right’, and deserving of ‘absolution’.

Now chances are the man is a dabbler in the alternative lifestyle of Bondage Discipline Sadism Masochism (BDSM) which is a pseudo Master/slave lifestyle based on Households, utilizing something very similar to Patrician Law that was used in the Roman Empire, where the Master of the House had absolute right of life and death and discipline of everyone living in his house.

Many people confuse the BDSM lifestyle, including some people who dabble in it, as fetish and kink, but the classic BDSM Lifestyle has been handed down from generation to generation for thousands of years based on self discipline, communication, honesty, and mastering one’s self, with an emphasis on manners, protocols and keeping an open mind in relation to all things, and being non-judgmental towards others, who are believed to have an absolute right, to live their life’s in the manner they see fit, as the Masters of their own Houses, as long as they do not lie, steal, or fail to follow etiquette and protocols.

Unlike the deceptive practice of Free Range Slavery that the Government has caused everyone to submit to with excessive taxation, fees, and licensing and 600,000 codes and armed henchmen in the form of officers of the law to enforce the system, slavery in BDSM or belonging to a House/Tribe in BDSM is voluntary, where consent is always required amongst all parties, in a ‘safe, sane and consensual atmosphere’.

Rules towards self discipline and disciplining of others within the House/Tribe tend to be simple, straightforward, consistent, and deemed ‘fair’ by all.

Ultimately the Master or Mistress has the final say in rewarding or disciplining someone for their actions or words.

Where branding is concerned I would estimate 2% of participants favor branding, and it is usually the slaves or members of the house requesting one as a sign of ownership, that gives them a sense of well being, a sense of belonging and a sense of emotional security as a result.

This is in fact no different than a woman who wants a diamond engagement ring, and a gold wedding band.

It is simply an adornment that says I belong to someone.

Brandings are usually carried out in a ceremony with the members of the House and often the larger local BDSM community invited to be in attendance.

When it comes to such things an emphasis is placed on performing these things in sterile and hygienic conscious ways for safety.

People, who voluntarily seek a brand, tend to have great pride in them, once again much the way a woman would in her diamond engagement ring and wedding band.

Because this is all consensual, and it is all consensual, Dominants who apply forms of psychological manipulation, or other forms of force, that create an environment of less than true consent are generally outcast and not welcome at larger community events within the lifestyle, one should then realize, that no, such people aren’t going to be looking to do this to you or your family.

So in reality, nothing to be scared of at all, it’s just people living the one life they have to live and give, for themselves, their house, and their family, but hey if you would rather go to Iraq or Afghanistan and live it for your country, that’s cool too!

Now you know more!

[edit on 14/5/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
So you're suggesting the father was involving his children, including a 13 y o and a 15 y o, in "the alternative lifestyle of Bondage Discipline Sadism Masochism,"

and you're saying that makes it alright???

Would you teach a thirteen year old BDSM?

Please keep away from children.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa

So you're suggesting the father was involving his children, including a 13 y o and a 15 y o, in "the alternative lifestyle of Bondage Discipline Sadism Masochism,"

and you're saying that makes it alright???

Would you teach a thirteen year old BDSM?

Please keep away from children.

Most cultures have traditionally recognized the age of adulthood/consent to be puberty.

It's not my place to judge or regulate other people.

My only concern always when it comes to anyone who maintains a household is that they keep those in it, safe and secure.

In other words, feed, clothe, shelter and protect from the outside world those under your care, and you have earned the right to set the the rules for your house.

It is after all their house, not mine, and as someone who got out into the world on my own at a very early age, I can tell you, there are 13 year olds, who do flee their homes, if its truly a bad home, and are capable of taking care of themselves.

They can also turn to the state, and community organizations.

I would not brand my children, but how I run my own house, has nothing to do with how that man runs his house.

By the way it would take someone on average about 3 years of intense study to actually learn all the history, traditions, protocols, and ways of the classic BDSM lifestyle.

I am simply providing an overview of what is in fact an act of love and devotion.

So you might want to ask yourself, why you are angry that these children love their father that much?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I'm not angry at the kids, I'm angry at parents who don't protect their kids.

Your insistence that it's ok to treat 13 year old kids as adults, even when it comes to such things as BDSM, because that's how they've been treated in more primitive times and places, is remarkably reminiscent of the logic used by paedophiles.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Well, the brand was 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch.

Is that so bad?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I branded my self last year with the letter "S" on my arm.. And I felt no pain from it.. Just so you know.. It aint that bad.. But sure, I would'nt do this to my 13 year old kid.. SnF

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by RestingInPieces
Well, the brand was 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch.

Is that so bad?

Lol, where did you get that from?

It's a cattle brand, 3 inches by 3 inches.
www.peninsuladailynews.com...

You can see it here.

Ever had 3" x 3" of red-hot iron pressed into your flesh till it's cooked and sizzling? It's xxxxxxx painful, dangerous, and leaves a scar that will be there all their lives.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Actually most brandings on humans turn out very poorly, it’s rare that the iron is pressed hard enough, deep enough, and long enough to make a true lasting brand. Most will in fact fade quite quickly and even more so with something like Neosporin.

However where your arguments degrade simply into emotional outrage, is the fact that you are worried about things like infections, when no infections occurred in this case.

Now let’s take this a step further and consider “Beauty is only skin deep”.

Cosmetic and reconstructive surgery can heal a body that has been altered through design or accident.

Yet minds are every bit as important as bodies, and minds are more often scarred and damaged than bodies are.

Can a six year old child really determine whether they want to be indoctrinated into a 2,000 year old religion? Their parents drag them off to church all the same and start instilling in them dogmas that will affect their perspectives and thinking process their whole life.

Can a eight year old child really determine whether they want to be indoctrinated into a violent contact sport like Football, where many will have their arms broken and legs broken, and even become handicapped physically to one extent or another the remainders of their lives, all simply because their parents see some virtue in dressing them up in costumes like little warriors and pitting them violently against one another?

Wouldn’t these above things also constitute abuse if you were using the ‘identical’ scale for everything?

So who then should decide what ‘abusive’ things and risks are ok, and which one’s aren’t? Ultimately who ever appoints themselves the thought and morality police are going to end up abusing the young and others in one way or another, in imposing their version of a ‘wholesome’ and ‘good’ reality, not because it is necessarily ‘wholesome’ or ‘good’ but because they believe it is, and they believe they have a right to impose that on others.

Judge not lest ye be judged.

If people spend as much time addressing their own imperfections and learning to master themselves, as they do addressing what they believe to be everyone else’s imperfections the world would truly be a far better place for it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join