It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Santa Barbara Sky... Cool pictures...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
So i am a skywatcher, and today this is what the sky looks like. Although this is typical out here, i find it interesting. I am not saying this is contrails, or chemtrails, just observing.

and,

In the first picture, there is probably like 100 of those lines in the sky when i am taking the picture. The camera isn't the greatest but we had to come home from the beach next door and run outside and take quick pics.

Anyway, enjoy.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by onequestion]

[edit on 12-5-2010 by onequestion]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Fail.. I fixed your pics.. but now they are working....
Oh well!

I think thoses are just chemtrails.. ?

But the big "bubble" cloud is pretty cool/weird tho!

[edit on 12-5-2010 by jolois]

[edit on 12-5-2010 by jolois]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jolois

Ya possibly, the ovals are odd. The funny thing is there is a military base on each side of us. Some days look like this, and some days they go in an east/west direction. Sometimes there will be 1 HUGE one coming from the base behind the mountains. I think that is if they launch a test rocket or something. Mybe a satellite. I dunno.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Other than the trails to cover ufos very nice sky photos.
I think the oval cloud is probably from a triangle ufo on hover
for a period of time.
Perhaps why the trails are made in the first place.
When the ufo knocks out it has cloud cover.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

My thought exactly. These do not seem like typical cloud formations. The big oval cloud in picture 2, it had a perfect circular shape for over an hour before i was able to actually take the picture (we were at the beach collecting crystals, and shells).

I was hoping someone who knew a lot more about cloud formations could comment.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I have to mention, Santa Barbara is full of activity. There are odd things going on here on a regular basis. Mybe it is the fact that we are surrounded by military basis on every side.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Interesting that you posted these pictures. We get those 'trails' in the sky all the time up here in the Sacramento area, but what really stood out to me is your pic of the 'bubble cloud' because just yesterday I noticed the exact same thing up here.

There were 3 of them right by eachother, and they stood out to me because of the way they were so full, bubbly, and thick white.... just like in your pic, but more round. It was a good hour or so until they started to spread out a little. I've never seen anything like it before.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by misfitoy

The bubble in pic 2 was more like the bubbles in the first pic until it began to dissipate. Yesterday was unusually active as far as trails, and these bubbles are concerned. I mean there is typically activity but not on such a large scale. The airport in Santa Barbara is very active, the civilian airport. There are planes flying in almost 24/7. I get a sort of underground base feel, but who knows.

Notice the oval in the right corner right above the house.

Also, all of those trails that kind of blend together in pic 1, they are all trails, i was using a cellphone to take the pictures.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by onequestion]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

My thought exactly. These do not seem like typical cloud formations. The big oval cloud in picture 2, it had a perfect circular shape for over an hour before i was able to actually take the picture (we were at the beach collecting crystals, and shells).

I was hoping someone who knew a lot more about cloud formations could comment.

I had something strange in skunk works:
Fast UFO and Storm Makers

A gigantic circular cloud made with Tesla Foo ether machines
that exhibit sound pressure waves corral a storm into oval formation.
So that type of cloud is not natural.

When ever were these formations noted by the ancients.
But noted on stamps a few years ago.
I think tptb in charge of Foos sunk one in on us.
It may not take much to tell an official agency what to do.
Think of the 911 conspiracy and the weakened by fire finding.
Only now for cover purposes as the Triangles or Foos become more
numerous and stay in hover all day or play around with their ground
to sky pressure makers (the ships work on electric to mechanical
pressure & air-ether charge control).

There is a ATS thread with holes in a cloud sheet.
Probably a cloud sheet made by smoky trail makers.

Nice sky photos. Nice catch. The sky gets stranger and stranger.
And I think Foo pilots might be doing some of it.

[edit on 5/13/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

In the first picture, there is probably like 100 of those lines in the sky when i am taking the picture.

Really? Not exaggerating, 100? Come on....

When you took those photos of the CONtrails (yes, normal everyday contrails) were you facing to the East, or NorthEast by any chance?

Because, I would think you're well aware of the amount of passenger jet traffic up and down the California coast, right?

Check out this link: flightaware.com...

Click on the map, and expand it. Then, sit back and watch for a while, and count the airplanes passing by (assuming it's a busy time of day, and not midnight or something...)

Your other (much lower, of course) cloud looks like a common stratus, maybe Alto-stratus. Also, you should look up the term "standing lenticular". Was it breezy that day?

Here, to get you started...best in time-lapse, to get full effects:

Lenticulars usually form near geologic formations like mountains and ridges.

Here's a pretty one, with the sunset and all...

AND, here's a guy who shot this video in Santa Clarita, CA....March of this year!

These folks all understand the science behind cloud formation. I expect they also understand the science of contrails, too.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
They do look like saucer backed cloud formations.
I would suggest taking more photos until a bright Foo popped out.
For all we know anti Tesla agents are taking those photos to
put one over on us.

The same goes for smoke making haze to make it look like
they are hiding stranded Foos cause that is what they are doing.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Thanks for the videos. It was facing east/west. I realize that there is a lot of air traffic through this area. I would like to learn more about these lenticulars. The oddity in the air traffic is that there will be days with no traffic, and days like the picture depicts above.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Actually, not 'odd' at all...

The traffic is always there, every day. (Yes, certain airlines operate different schedules based on the day of the week...but there are still a LOT of flights).

Difference is, on some days, the air is just too dry for contrails to form. (Or, for cirrus clouds to form, for that matter).

Airplanes are there, and you can prove this to yourself with the 'FlightAware' wesite I linked earlier. (I did do that, right? Sometimes I forget where I have...)

Here it is again:
flightaware.com...

I again centered it on Santa Barbara Airport, for your reference.

Oh, and I guess I should explain the data blocks that accompany each airplane that is being tracked.

First, the airplanes shown in blue are departing or arriving the airport that the map is centered on, the 'reference' airport.

Green airpanes are just passing by, bound for different desitinations.

I picked two of those, at random that are NorthWest bound.

The data block for one is, at the moment I passed my mouse over it:

CKK 222 MD11
223 379
KLAX ZSPD

First, I can tell that is an international airline, because I'm unfamiliar with the airline code...the "CKK" (will look it up, shortly). It is a McDonnel Douglas (now 'Boeing') MD-11.

The next line is altitude, and groundspeed. "223" means 22,300 feet. Obviously, that isn't a cruise altitude, so it must still be climbing, which makes sense because below you see it departed Los Angeles ("KLAX").

"379" is, as I said, the groundspeed, in knots.

OK, looked up the airline code, it is "China Cargo Airlines". The destination, the "ZSPD" is for Shanghai Pudong, China.

Another I grabbed, it was about twenty miles in trail of the Chinese airplane, was this one:

SWA 271 B737
294 397
KLAX KSJC

Much easier to decode...Southwest Airlines flihght 271, a Boeing 737.

Also still climbing, when I looked...at 29,400 feet, and groundspeed was 397 knots. Departed Los Angeles for San Jose.

You can also get info on specific flights, for instance, that Southwest:

Boeing 737-700 (twin-jet) (B737/Q)
Origin Los Angeles Intl
Destination San Jose Int'l

Route VTU5 RZS ROBIE2 (Decode)

I can decode that for you...the "VTU5" is the 'Ventura Five' departure procedure from Los Angeles.

"RZS' is the VOR named 'San Marcus'. That is the first navigational 'fix' on the flight plan route. On the VTU5 you can see the departure description, tells pilots the procedure to follow. A 250 degree heading after takeoff, for radar vectors to the Ventura VOR (VTU) then (ass'd transition or ass'd route). That would be the 'RZS transition'. This assumes the flight departed on runway 24L, since that's where most Southwest flights depart from, when the airport is set up for the prevailing winds from the West, which is about 95% of the time.

The "ROBIE2" is an arrival procedure for San Jose:

See where it ties together neatly with the 'VTU5' departure procedure, at the 'RZS' VOR? So, after RZS they follow the route, as depicted, to the 'SNS' VOR, then make the slight right turn outbound on course 347 degrees to 'GILRO' intersection. (Years ago it was called 'Gilroy'...ALL intersections are now only five letters long, for the computer database programming requirement, both the ATC computers, and the airplane's navigational systems).

From GILRO then pilots reference an Approach procedure, as appropriate and in use on that day and time. This si communicated beforehand, in several ways.

Anyway, when I took the 'snapshot' of that flight, it had only been in the air for 29 minutes:

Date Friday, May 14, 2010
Duration 55 minutes
Progress 25 minutes left
29 minutes

By the time I've written all of this, it has already landed in San Jose.

Its planned final cruise altitude was 40,000 feet:

Status En Route (159 miles down; 153 miles to go)
Scheduled 7-day Average Actual/Estimated
Departure 11:58AM PDT 11:56AM PDT 11:51AM PDT
Arrival 12:51PM PDT 12:51PM PDT 12:46PM PDT
Speed 437 kts 403 kts
Altitude 40000 feet 40000 feet

new topics

top topics

join