It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Legislator Makes Statement May 8, 2010 on Un-Released Eisenhower Brief Regarding ET's

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by inner_sanctum
Britain's new conservative Prime Minister, David Cameron, might trump U.S. politicians on a galactic scale. According to a 2009 report by BBC, "David Cameron has vowed to publish any secret files that may exist on UFOs if he becomes prime minister. Speaking at one of his regular Cameron Direct public meetings, he pledged to be 'open and frank' with any government knowledge about close encounters…"

See link for full story:

www.examiner.com...

I would'nt hold out any hope on Cameron releasing anything earth shattering.

I think that he was just spouting off pre-election what people wanted to hear. Now that he is Prime Minister he will play by the rules of his predecessors.

link   

link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by Jay-morris

Just think... back in school we would have had ET studies instead of Religious Studies!! I think that would have been far more interesting... probably would have been taking trips to view ancient sites and discussing motives for their visits... also we would have been working out ways to make contact far earlier than we actually did.... maybe we would have been more Spirually aware sooner too... reaching the higher plains!!

[edit on 13-5-2010 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

One line posts, please review

[edit on 5/13/2010 by yeahright]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Originally posted by Peloquin
No offense sir, but even an argument should be backed up by something!

In fact the kind of arguments I used to know, but maybe this word has another meaning in english. In my language, an argument is something that can convince. But just to say someone is lying or insane etc. without giving the smallest hint why exactly he shall be like this is not an argument (as I defined it here), it's (as someone else already said) just an insult.

No, it is offensive. You claim, wrongly, that I declared him lying or insane without "the slightest hint" of why. Apparently, you did not bother reading past the first two lines. Since you missed the two paragraphs that followed, here they are again...

Those proclaiming McElroy's claim to be gospel, significant, ground-shaking news have not given his claims the slightest bit of critical thought. Mr. McElroy provides no evidence, none, and by his own admission cannot verify any of his claims. Those accepting his claims based on his former position are relying on a combination of cognitive bias and an appeal-to-authority; he is a politician, saying what I want to hear, therefore it must be true.

Mr. McElroy's claims make no sense. Some are clinging to the non-sequitur of his former position, exaggerating it's importance. He was only a member of a state legislature. The New Hampshire legislature has 424 members. Thousands of people across the country serve in such positions. Even if you narrow it down to people who serve or have served or will serve in committees similar to McElroy's State-Federal Relations and Veterans Affairs Committee, you are still left with thousands of people. Each one of them a security-risk, each one of them a temporary employee. Why would the government divulge such a great secret to someone who in the grand scheme of things is a nobody?

Further, in subsequent conversation with Maybe Maybe Not, I pointed out how Mr. McElroy only gives us the minimum information necessary, he's very short on details.

Oh dear!
I give up with this dude. Seriously!

Quoting guidelines. Please review

One line posts. Please review.

[edit on 5/13/2010 by yeahright]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

can you tell me why the State-Federal Relations and Veterans Affairs Committee would have the need to know of such a document or spend time discussing it? how does that document relate to that committee?

seems a tad outside their remit if you ask me. Do gullible people not think about these sorts of things?

[edit on 13-5-2010 by yeti101]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Well folks this is the longest thread I've seen in awhile . This needs to be spread far an wide . I do believe we will get disclosure in our life time

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by seanizle
At the moment you have no idea who he is...

Actually, we have a pretty good idea who he is. In fact, the arguments supporting him are based, not on evidence, but entirely on who he is and his former position. If that is enough to support him then it is also enough to criticize him.

who he knows, or who he is friends with...

Irrelevant. Mr. McElroy did not claim he was given this information by a friend or contact but came across it in his duties on the State-Federal Relations and Veterans Affairs Committee.

...so calling him crazy without any real evidence to back that up means nothing.

There is more evidence that he is lying or otherwise than there is that he is telling the truth...

-- There is a huge hole in his story

-- There is no evidence to back up his claims.

-- He is very short on details.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Text..I am wondering if when the truth is finally told regarding the U.F.O. story..That maybe we will find some human beings are responsible for the design and flight of U.F.O.'s...and we will maybe even find out that the original U.F.O. aliens spoke with a decided German (Nazi) dialect...I would strongly urge all of you here to pick up and read Jim Marrs excellent book.."THE RISE OF THE FOURTH REICH"...questions .. such as the UFO story may just be easier to figure out than you might guess

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101

can you tell me why the State-Federal Relations and Veterans Affairs Committee would have the need to know of such a document or spend time discussing it? how does that document relate to that committee?

seems a tad outside their remit if you ask me. Do gullible people not think about these sorts of things?

First things first, i am not gullible. Second thing, i would rather wait until a see more from him that might address some issues you, me, and some other people might have. He said too little to form any decent opinion for me. Thats why i posted that if this it, then it will go nowhere.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
Oh dear!
I give up with this dude. Seriously!

Can you tell me what about my argument is wrong?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Try to keep an open mind. Eisenhower was president from 1953-1961. Roswell happened in 1947. However, Harry Truman was president when the Roswell crash occurred, so I would suspect that if this is, in fact, true about Eisenhower then there's a good chance that Truman also either met with ETs or knew that they were here.

McElroy (the guy in the video) says that the document he saw said that a meeting with ETs "could be arranged", not that it definately happened. But he gave his opinion that such a meeting did, in fact, take place.

It's also interesting the names he pointed out. Most I'm familiar with in UFOlogy, but a couple of others I've not heard before. Here's who he mentioned:

Former astronauts John Glenn, Edgar Mitchell, Gordon Cooper and Buzz Aldrin;

Former presidents Ronald Reagan and Jimmy Carter;

Capt. Bill Newhouse, USMC; Lt. Col John Williams, USAF; Col Phillip Corso, Sr., US Army; Cmd Graham Bethune, US Navy;

David Hamilton, Dept. of Energy; Donna Hare, NASA; James Coup, National Security Agency (NSA).

Then again, you have to wonder - nowadays we've heard that the POTUS isn't privy to information about ETs because the president is basically a temporary employee in the POTUS seat (max 8 years). So did the military or Majestic or whomever was in charge of the coverup and contact also regard the POTUS seat of 1947 and 1951 the same way?

[edit on 13-5-2010 by sos37]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Riposte.....

Yes.....fair enough

That is a "first hand" account of that document.

But as I think about it, how does he know "that" document was real?

If only we could get a copy to examine.....

If only this whole UFO topic was just a tiny little bit straightforward!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

You might want to introspectively ask, what would be the point of hoaxing an internal high ranking document? More importantly, if this document was hoaxed, then wouldn't it be inadvertently admitting to knowledge of extraterrestrials on our planet?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

sound like your agreeing with doomsdayrex that hes short on info. So i'll assume your previous post about doomsdayrex was a mistake

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Who is this man, "Henry W Mcelroy, Jr"? I did a google search and found many references to this video about aliens. Precious else is out there on him. Wouldn't such a person at least have a listing in wikipedia? Nope, nothing. Did he really even serve in the NH state legislature? Wouldn't a news story exist about something he did other than the current claim he makes in a video on youtube? Nope, nothing.

If he did serve as a state legislature...so what? Why would such a lowly position in a state legislature provide you with access to such highly guarded documents of a President of the US? Based on this short research on my part and with absolutely no documentation, I'd have to say HOAX till proven different. Next.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
First things first, i am not gullible. Second thing, i would rather wait until a see more from him that might address some issues you, me, and some other people might have. He said too little to form any decent opinion for me. Thats why i posted that if this it, then it will go nowhere.

Who is going to ask him the nascent questions? Those controlling this information aren't; his claim is enough.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
There is really only one testimony I will be hard pressed not to believe and that is the aliens testimony itself.
2nd line.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Is this document, this Brief to President Eisenhower, available anywhere?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Also, has anyone read the graphic novel "Watchmen?" Is this all a setup, this conspiracy of extra-terrestrials? (please don't crucify me just for asking.) I believe there is other life in the cosmos, I just need to have tangible proof. Give me a replicator or a phaser or a holodeck!

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by michael

No, but im half expecting a fake one to turn up in the future.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I don't want to rain on your parade, but we have been lied to for more than 60 years & i hate to see people get their hopes up on false promise.

Examining what this former legislator said,

The document I saw was an official brief to President Eisenhower.

To the best of my memory
www.examiner.com... legislator

Deniers will rip it up on that.

Physical, verifiable documents help tremendously, but deniers will continue to deny as long as these phenomenon beings stay elusive.

Remember Hillary's recollection of being shot at in Bosnia? Busy people who have a lot of experiences can & sometimes DO misremember.

My own skepticism,

While i am certain phenomenon is going on, i absolutely can in no way discern whether it is actually Extra-terrestrial, Extra-dimensional, both or something else.

BTW, 'mass hallucination' is a bogus & unproved NON-scientific term.
It would involve shared telepathy, which itself would be phenomenal.

How is it an amazing [pseudo-]phenomenon, 'mass hallucination', is used to dismiss another more rational explanation? Namely that people are seeing something real.

Isn't that virtually the DEFINITION of REALITY? ie. Our shared experience/perceptions?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join